Any of you guys try out the new mac book pro? I was legitimately impressed

Any of you guys try out the new mac book pro? I was legitimately impressed...

It's an impressive balance of aethetic and functionality--screen is pretty and glossy, the keys feel like you're not even pressing them when you hit them, it's thin as fuck, and the lcd touch pad bar is very responsive.

I usually hate apple products but this shit is nice.

Attached: mbp15touch-space-select-201807.jpg (1808x1680, 748K)

Other urls found in this thread:

habr.com/en/post/437912
github.com/jessfraz/dockerfiles
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get out nigger

>the keys feel like you're not even pressing them when you hit them

And you find this impressive? Really?

Get out, shill.

I just don't like the keyboard and toucbar. It's literally the only thing stopping me.

POO
IN
LOO

Attached: 1531510043803.jpg (643x960, 255K)

S T A G E L I G H T
E F F E C T

>the keys feel like you're not even pressing them when you hit them

I like your subtle trolling, good job.

The keyboard is such shit that it is unusable. Quite a shame really, the previous model was great.

I bought the 2015MBP and am so glad I did. Got me a couple of years to transition over to the new thinkpad I got last fall.

Shill elsewhere, faggot.

>imagine having no ports
this is what a laptop should look like
habr.com/en/post/437912

>the touchpad is centered along the body instead of centered along the typing position
What a disgusting excuse for a laptop. One side of the touchpad goes under your palm more than the other when you're actually using it. It may look pretty in pictures but as always they do compromises in usability.

Attached: 06_Lenovo_Thinkpad_X230_35313302.jpg (830x467, 73K)

What do you mean? It's far bigger than the thinkpad ones so it's not really a problem.
You can say a lot of shit about the MacBooks but the touchpads are leagues better than anything else on the market.

>using touchpads
ask me how I can tell you're full of onions

I don't understand what you're saying honestly. If you're trying to make the argument that either a trackpoint or just keeping your hand on the homerow is superior yeah I generally agree. I'm a hardcore Emacs user, but workspace management in OSX with the trackpad is the best impl I've seen out of all operating systems.
But please, do elaborate, I'm sure you have something very thoughtful to say.

>It's far bigger than the thinkpad ones so it's not really a problem.
I don't own Apple Reality Distortion Goggles so I can't see how the size is even relevant here. The touchpad is not centered when you put your hands on the keyboard. In that Thinkpad you see exactly as much of both sides between your hands when your index fingers are at at F and J. In Apple they are not symmetrical. That's just poor design and feels like a cheap toy that no one put any thought into (which is probably true).

It's relevant because it doesn't matter where your fingers are on the touchpad to register an action. Since it's wide enough, when you move your hand down to use the trackpad you're always guarantee to have enough space left or right to do most tasks so the symmetry isn't as important and even more so since there's no actual hinge mechanism for clicking.

But muh autism says it MUST be Centered!

How do you even place your palms without accidentally touching that fuckhuge trackpad?

This is what I never got.
But then I have never seen someone touch-type on a Macbook.

I have a 2017 nTB and I fucking love it because I'm NOT an autistic piece of overweight NEET shit

The palm rejection isn't garbage. Like shit on the MBP all you want but the trackpad is legitimately ahead of all the competitors and I want PC manufacturers to actually fucking catch up.

Apple has the best trackpads in the business and they also have the best palm rejection. It's hard to understand this if you've only ever used shitty Wangblows trackpads but do try to keep up with the conversation

I’ve seen it at school and the screen is really nice. I’d get one if it weren’t expensive desu. My
Linux machine is somewhat identical in terms of desktop environment with the lack of itunes syncing. Might consider a macbook in the future.

>Jordan Peterson calmly dismantles thinkpad autism in front of Jow Forums

Got a mid 2014 model, works very well and I use it as a workstation when battery is important. Goes well with my T420 coreboot ubuntu main workstation.

And the Thinkpad has the Trackpoint which means you can go infinitely in one direction, as much as you can ever want. Just hold the mouse button down and move Trackpoint. You can use both input methods according to your current task and have it stay symmetrical with no poor excuses.

>screen is pretty and glossy, the keys feel like you're not even pressing them when you hit them, it's thin as fuck, and the lcd touch pad bar is very responsive.
Why do you only list bad things? Isn't this supposed to be a shill thread?

POO IN LOO

Please don't compare me to that man, he's a dishonest pop intellectual. This is just fucking common sense shit.

I personally like the trackpoint a lot, I went through college with the X301. But Apple's trackpad is honestly very comfy especially regarding gesture. I generally avoid using it as mouse input, I only really use it for switching workspaces, I do most of my navigation though my keyboard.

>I only really use it for switching workspaces
I just use Ctrl + Alt + Left/Right arrow, all those keys are at the bottom edge of the keyboard so it's easy and fast to hit them. I would say it's at least as fast as the touchpad method, but the speed difference can't be very noticeable.

When I'm rearranging windows while moving workspaces it's legitimately easier to do it on the touchpad. I know I can rectify this using a tiling wm but I never really bought into that much.
I pretty much have a tiling wm inside Emacs, I haven't really seen a good case for using it for everything and changing my workflow.

Macs are fucking trash.
Fuck off street shitter.

Attached: 1539968305979.jpg (2000x1333, 455K)

Sorry if I offended you JP but we need you here Just one last ride

>When I'm rearranging windows while moving workspaces it's legitimately easier to do it on the touchpad
If you look at you'll notice that the arrow keys have PgUp/PgDn on top of them. I use these. So Ctrl + Alt + Left/Right moves to the workspace on left/right, but Ctrl + Alt + PgUp/PgDn drags the current active window with it to that workspace. I only use two but it would be very fast to click it once more to go to the third workspace. I use Cinnamon which has very extensive keybind settings.

I'm so tired user, the brainlets are taking over Jow Forums. I've been here since 2006, I dunno if I can go on.

That's an interesting workflow, it's a little hard to use PgUP/DN for me since I use a HHKB for most of the time. It would be nice if there was a window management scheme that was very similar to Emacs.

I mean I set all the keybinds myself in the settings. You could choose any keybind if you don't have those exact keys. I also have keybinds for toggle Always on top, minimize, maximize, align window to upper left/right corner, align window to lower left/right corner and then Cinnamon pretty much has the rest by default by using the Super key and arrows for tiling. This is pretty much the comfiest DE there can possibly be.

/thread

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: BTFO.gif (540x304, 1.52M)

I'm playing around with DEs at the moment. I'm not all that happy with Gnome atm, I'll have to check it out.
I am trying to make an effort and migrating completely from macOS to Linux though, but there are couple UX/UI/workflow things that are holding me back at this point.

>I'm not all that happy with Gnome atm
There's not a single person out there that would be happy with GNOME. It's that bad. Cinnamon fixes everything that's wrong with it.
>I am trying to make an effort and migrating completely from macOS to Linux though, but there are couple UX/UI/workflow things that are holding me back at this point.
Like what? It may already be possible.

>Like what? It may already be possible.
So far mainly the workspace management. I've gotten really used to macOS, I really like that when you maximize windows it actually just full screens it and puts it into a separate workspace.
Another thing, which is a bit more difficult, that I've been trying to do is run everything in a Docker container. I was heavily influenced by github.com/jessfraz/dockerfiles

No one cares street shitter.

based

>I really like that when you maximize windows it actually just full screens it and puts it into a separate workspace.
Maybe the tiling WMs have that but I haven't tried or searched if that's possible. I just use my "move the active window to workspace left/right" and maximize it separately. I don't do it often enough to feel it's slow and in the way. In fact I don't even use it for work, it's my personal laptop. At work I can't use Linux yet because of the decades old MS ecosystem.

same, also I don't like the price, because thats fuckin ridicoulos

I can't imagine working on Windows for developing it sounds kinda painful. I use Macs where I work and deploy to a Linux environment. It's all very comfy and sane. I like staying in the terminal when I can.