CRT crap

Red-pill me on CRT monitors, I have a few, but I realise these are just some low-end, basic-bitch ones.

What does a good CRT have, that a shitty one doesn't? Any particular brands?

Attached: IMG_20190203_213057.jpg (2976x3968, 3.67M)

Nobody uses this shit anymore.
There's a reason.

A good one will have BNC connections. Brands: NEC, Sony, iiyama.

those cases are nice. used to have many and it was possible to stack them so they could be used like rack servers but without the expensive racks

Ay ay nigga ay hol up look at dis dude OH NO NO NO NNO NO NO AHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD HAHAHAHA THOSE BURNT RETINAS HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA THIS NIGGA LIKE A CHICABOO FARMER 'CEPT WITH 90S BLOAT ASS TV SCREENS HAHAHAHAHA

I'm super high on weed and this image fucks with my head.

Why would you want outdated garbage?

Even third worldera don't use that shit anymore.

Aperture grille monitors are considered the better ones. Nothing wrong with the other types IMO though. CRTs are good because they don't have a single native resolution and they don't blur motion like LCD. Check what kind of resolutions and refresh rates your monitors support. You'll want to run them at high refresh rates so that you can't see the flicker.

Attached: crt masks.png (2000x909, 103K)

what CRT are these?

Attached: stdin_snapshot_06.06_[2019.02.03_19.25.51].png (1920x1080, 1.55M)

Kill yourself.

Unable to tell you that right now, but the one furned on is a LG flatron, the black in the back is a Dell, the one in front is an Yakumo(?) and that one in the middle is some old-ass Pentium II era crt.

Thanks for the advice.
Do those screens (or their components) need any maintenance over time?

Also - I've got a good deal for a Vision Master Pro 512 (for about 20$), should I go for it?

>should I go for it?
Yeah, if it's in decent condition. The iiyamas were nice because you could have 2 computers connected (via BNC, VGA inputs on monitor) and switch back and forth between the two. The picture will be noticeably better with the BNC connections.

>Do those screens (or their components) need any maintenance over time?
The components do age, for example the capacitors can dry or leak. If there's a severe geometry error that can't be fixed with the menu options it's probably a sign that some of the caps have gone bad. Basic maintenance you could do is check if there's a lot of dust inside and dust it if necessary.

Be careful not to kill yourself. The tube needs to be discharged even after it's been unplugged, and yes it holds enough charge to be lethal.

He doesn't have to put his hand in there, a brush and compressed air will do.

I won't forget about that, I usually try to discharge stuff after one incident with a dslr flashlight years ago, but still thanks for the concern.

If you're taking the back off to fuck around and look at caps, it should be discharged. Not doing so is about as intelligent at doing electrical work on live circuits.

CRT advantages:
>better colors
>no input lag
>perfect black levels
>custom resolutions
>cheap as dirt, but hard to find
That's basically it.

I have one with BNC connectors but I only use VGA out of it
What's the point of using it?

>using wangblows

>low end CRT most people have do not apply

They're horrible for your eyes and emit harmful radiation. The only people I see buying these still are retro game console collectors...when they could easily just emulate.

Attached: 1536797157451.png (1280x720, 907K)

That applies to pretty much any CRT, yes, though colors degrade on badly worn monitors.

>perfect black levels
They have much worse blacks than LCDs unless you're using them with your lights turned off and your curtains drawn.

Big flat screen. Like those large professional models for photographers. They were not very widespread. Other than that is bad.

PVM

Attached: IMG_20180911_212924_334.jpg (1440x1440, 227K)