I was offered a job and have found out since day one my boss had it after me and the things he mentioned where all lies...

I was offered a job and have found out since day one my boss had it after me and the things he mentioned where all lies.. why did they offer me this job and break me down? What did I ever do that a new job began to go after me right away and break me down

Nobody will believe me.... I'm studying and applying for other jobs. I need to get out

Attached: 1491644260566.jpg (238x250, 12K)

What's the job?

You Millenials are so lazy and entitled

Some jobs are actually just toxic. Stfu with your assumptions

He secretely likes u :^3

Well I just found out what they told me day one was complete false. They told me there is no way to save emails and all emails delete after 60 days

I just found out I just need to change my retention policy in outlook but my boss always told me we all have emails deleted after 60 days at this company
Turns out it was bullshit and I just now found out you can change the settings..m they didnt want me to know these emails can be saved rather than the system auto deleting my inbox
Why did he lie??

>I was offered a job and have found out since day one my boss had it after me and the things he mentioned where all lies..

This is a shock to you? Welcome to employment.

Attached: ego.png (567x370, 136K)

OP, /sqt/. That's some basic stuff.

I joined a job in March which turned out to be similar.

Toxic as fuck, shit tier management, lies which played staff off against eachother, constant micromanagement. One of the best guys left before Christmas, I quit last week after getting another job offer.

Get the FUCK out. You will not be the one to change it, and to be honest job market is decent right now so fuck them.

Let me guess - was it a startup / scale up? Fuck those cuckfests.

I got bullshited at every job, at the expense of my work. I dont care. If they like wasting money.

Management is stupid, they usually have nothing to do with the IT department, and IT does it for "security"

> Starting a new job Monday
> Hope this doesn't happen to me
> Probably will

Fucking hell mate your boss is probably just a Boomer who can't computer good and is repeating what some other cunt said to him. Doesn't mean he's heading up a conspiracy against you.

>got job at firm, non STEM related
>am lazy non STEM student
>got asked to reprint an entire office full of folders and rearrange them to lower the amount of work to shift through
>required reconfiguring hundreds of poorly printed excels
>boss felt sorry I had to do it, said it was torture
>literally was nothing compared to digging up sewage when I was doing some work helping family plumbing business
>helped me learn VBA in the process
>he was stunned with what I could do considering no training in VBA, etc at start

Get gud.
Pity we agreed to contract for that specific job and not a real casual wage.

What type of firm are you at?
Last place I was at was nothing but "whose up for drinks" while laughing at the clients expense.

I'm struggling right now and I am in pain because of this job. I haven't been able to study because of the depression

Also. I'm working on bullshit projects to keep my busy but they are useless projects and that's how I feel about it

I dont understand though. First month on the job boss was great and treated me with respect. Then the horrible gaslighting and abuse began
The guy I worked with quit and he told me before I left the boss is a great guy. Remember that :)
And just like that he left

>Why did he lie
Because he hates money and doesn't realise that treating employees right can mean $$$ in your pocket.

No I think it's more than that. Few months ago
Complete basic project and things go well. Three months go by and someone says hey we missed something and need to fix this. That night boss sends me an email basically screaming at me .
You missed something right!!! Yes you did

I told him we didnt miss anything this was a request that came up months later but he went off screaming on me
Then face to face he acts different but wont even look at me or will treat me like a loser.. I am in so much pain and i cant quit

I have tried applying
Nobody is hiring

I don't work in tech / dev, I work in finance

My place was fucking shit. The overall culture was unpaid overtime even though pay wasn't amazing to compensate. A clique of senior managers that delegated everything and had it easy while grunts / mid management struggled to meet client demands that the seniors had over promised on.

Bro quit and they panicked because the new hires are absolute shit tier. I quit last week and now they are desperately trying to hire new grunts. I hope that place fucking burns. Gonna blast them all over glassdoor after my notice period is up (notice period consists of me rocking up to office and browsing chans).

A few of the other good workers came up to me and started saying they're thinking of bailing. Toxic workplaces need to people to just straight up quit so they are weeded out of existence after quality drops and some big clients start blasting them.

The best thing for you to do if you are financially capable is to quit now and then have a few weeks off to work on your mental health. Sounds gay as fuck but working in a toxic place seriously fucks with you mentally, and a lot of dudes bottle that shit up. You need a reboot of nofap, exercise, mediation, healthy food, reading etc. so when you go to the next place you can hit the ground running.

In future if your recognise somewhere as being a toxic workplace, quit instantly. It took me about 6 months of questioning myself daily until I just quit. By that time I realised I should have quit yesterday.

>I just found out I just need to change my retention policy in outlook but my boss always told me we all have emails deleted after 60 days at this company
Is this even legal?

Idk but I noticed the other guys work emails dont delete after 60 days but mine did?

I checked the settings and turns out I can change retention policy
Well I remember since day one my boss saying your emails always delete after some time and we DONT save emails at this company
That should have been a red sign for me but I believed him
So many emails gone and I cant prove anything

Believe me
I've been trying to quit. But it's not working so far nobody is hiring and o barely get any calls
I have experience and drive. But nobody else is giving me a chance

keep trying to get another job till you get it and then just walk out on the current employer

Have you considered that maybe your boss made a mistake? You sound like a schizo interpreting some minor thing into a plot against you. You also write like an unbalanced person.

>get employed
>boss is a cunt that aims to milk as much money out of you as possible
yeah thats normal user thats how the industry works now shut it and enjOY CAPITALISM!

That's possible

How do you explain the sabotage and false information? Or did I interpret something wrong?

What do you mean milk money?

When I'm depressed and down I waste more money right??

There is no sabotage, you sound like they're trying to make your life absolute hell when it isn't even 10% as bad as you make it out to be. Stop thinking everyone at the company is against you or something. Grow some balls and stop being such a little bitch. You act like a jew talking about the holocaust.

They gave me wrong info to fuck up my code
You mean it was a mistake and they didnt want to tell me it was a mistake on their part or was it something else?

If whatever you produced abides the info you got perfectly, you didn't do anything wrong. Just tell your boss "Hey, I got this info and realized it in code, I didn't do anything wrong. If you want me to correct or add something, tell me what it is and I'll do it", maybe it even was a mistake on their part. I really don't believe they have a vendetta against you. If you really think they do, talk to your boss about it.

Told my boss who gave me that code and who fixed it

Boss must have talked to him because ever since then this guy hates me and all I do is treat him with respect and his skills are impressive
But he treats me like shit and from day one I treated him with respect because his work quality is impressive but i ask him to look st something and he gives me the wrong answer?

You get it right. He makes himself look good but fuck me and my code...