Anyone used to have a handheld analog TV?

Anyone used to have a handheld analog TV?

These were the shit

Attached: casiotv.jpg (236x370, 16K)

Some retard I knew as a kid gave me his saga mega drive and all his games when he got one of these so yeah I'm real fond of them.

I remember using that during long road trips, that exact model i think.

I was so pissed when I found out the digital switch was going to kill those. I still miss it even though tv is trash.

I always wanted one growing up. Never did get one.

are there digital ones now?

Yeah but all shit chink brands that aren't the same quality.

I've been meaning to get one of the GBA ones

I had the original Sinclair B&W then got one of those.

I lusted after these things all through childhood. Of course a few years after I was finally able to buy pic related, they stopped analog broadcasts.

Attached: e104996.jpg (450x400, 53K)

Brother had one, could watch cctv feeds at the local kmart.

mine looked just like that but it was metal gray and RCA

8th birthday
took it camping and on long drives

I always wanted these when I was a kid

Why was there a Game Gear TV tuner but nobody ever released a Game Boy TV tuner?

I have an ancient fake iPhone with a TV antenna. It still works because they keep postponing the date of analog TV shutdown.

My country had a peculiar definition of handheld

Attached: 1521375746_tvset_02.jpg (2989x2474, 768K)

Because gameboy screen is shit

So was the Game Gear screen. Also it didn't stop them from releasing the Game Boy Camera.

Reminder that there is NO REASON why every smart phone shouldn't be able to pick up OTA television broadcasts but Big Video like Netflix, DirecTV, and Xfinity wants to block your access to it so you don't get it.

Attached: 25 KB.jpg (314x295, 24K)

iirc DirecTV and Samsung are collaborating to bring satellite TV to smartphones

They were shit.
Shit battery life
Shit reception

>there is NO REASON why every smart phone shouldn't be able to pick up OTA television broadcasts

There is. ATSC is broadcast at 50-700 MHz and is awful at handling interference, so it requires a fairly large (relative to smartphone) and *directional* antenna.

Power usage and additional costs to add a vhf antenna are the only reasons that I can think off. Your phone already has at least 3 radios sperging out, no need to add more. Besides, there are chink antennas that attach via microUSB to phones and I see people use that shit all the time.

Elaborate

>Imagine watching live TV on a Gameboy

Attached: Smug.png (1280x1280, 67K)

>These were the shit
Why've you put a "the" in there?