/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: boyfriens.jpg (429x604, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

winaero.com/blog/change-windows-10-folder-icons-with-ico-file/
3dmark.com/spy/6064531
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

homos begone

fuck off pedo faggot

>>/lgbt/

Are cryptocurrency threads allowed on Jow Forums or are they Jow Forums-only regardless of the actual discussion? Say I only wanted to discuss the technological aspect of crypto rather than talk about trading and specific currencies.

No idea. I know devops does though, so I'd be surprised if regular dev jobs didn't as well.

They're allowed. People post about much more off-topic shit all the time and never get deleted so you're fine.

You're not going to get much of a discussion though since nobody cares about cryptocurrency outside the idiots trying to make a buck off it. The technology isn't really that great. It's interesting but has little practical purposes since the way everything works now is fine. If you don't want a bank involved with processing your payments or a lawyer involved in enforcing your contracts then you're probably doing something illegal.

I've tried setting up 1.1.1.1 DNS both on my router and computer network settings but nslookup says the server is gateway6.frontierlocal.net
Does that mean it's not working?

Im trying to set up a vpn server on arch while using debian as CA, but easy-rsa package doesnt have the proper easyrsa script arch does
Instead it has a bunch of scripts which none of them can import .req files
Should I change distro?

>If you don't want a bank involved with processing your payments or a lawyer involved in enforcing your contracts then you're probably doing something illegal.
>being a literal nothing to hideposter

I'm downloading writing I used to post on sites and don't know which option would be best:

-txt files
-word docs
-downloading the whole webpage

I want to save the stories themselves plus the comments on the stories for longterm, personal data-hoaring needs.

Attached: 1507597080165.jpg (600x600, 79K)

So I am ricing my Windows 10 and I used a tutorial to change the default folder Icon. It works as shown in pic related, but when I change the view in the file explorer it shows the folders with the image of the contents inside (the thumbnail). now I KNOW that all I have to do is select "Always show Icons, never Thumbnails" will fix the issue, but this also applies to all the image files.
My question: Is there a way to apply the "Always show icons, never Thumbnails." to ONLY the folders, and not to anything else? I like seeing the images when I select Large Icons to scan them quickly, but I also don't want the thumbnails of the folder image to be shown when I do as well. Any help would be appreciated.
The Tutorial mentioned: winaero.com/blog/change-windows-10-folder-icons-with-ico-file/

also
>inb4 ">Windows"

Attached: RicingisHAAAAAAAAAAARD.jpg (1920x1080, 443K)

Fucking faggot

>Wangblows

the minimal unixfag in me says to go with txt files. I keep copies of all my writings and pastas as simple ascii text files, and it just werks. I suppose saving the webpages could also work too. If you don't mind having the writings be public forever, you could always just archive the pages on the wayback machine as well, that way you can always get the pages if you need them.

my pc has been rebooting when i play some games not all the time but enough to annoy me. my drivers are up to date, ive tested with two different gpu and psus, reapplied thermal paste on my cpu and updated my bios. after all that the problem keeps persisting im new to this only been a week since i built my system any idea what could be causing this?

list your parts B

maybe it's the memory cards bruh

thanks user, good suggestions. I was leaning towards txt myself for the same reason.

I've noticed a lot of Chocolatey packages have *Program* and *Program* (Install) as separate packages, why is that? What's the difference?

Attached: chocolatey.png (500x216, 103K)

MSI b450m mobo
Ryzen 5 2600 (stock cooler)
XFX rx 580 8gb GTS
EVGA 550w modular psu

based cute poster uwu

anyway i can look into the performance of my ram?

forgot about the memory
corsair vengance lpx 16gb 3000mhz

check out the ram module and sockets
exchange the ports in which you have installed it
if you have two remove one at a time and test them in different slots

will do that thanks for the advice

How many total IP addresses are contained within a network with a subnet mask of 11111111.11111111.11111111.00000000?

Please explain this to me! I understand how to AND, and how to read binary, but idk how to calculate number of IP addresses in a network with submet mask.

Attached: 1443822648778.jpg (640x640, 108K)

taskmanager in windows
also make sure your system is counting it properly
like if you have 8x2 make sure the system says you have 16
if you have the windows drive around you can use it to run a memtest

Is there anyway to determine what monitor this is?

Attached: 51149911_10216589966129283_6611827446083747840_n.jpg (320x526, 13K)

I don't own it by the way, Someone is selling it and doesn't seem to be giving away any information.

beats me
ask for a pic of the sticker in the back

I'm looking to stream dashcam footage from my car, does Jow Forums know where I should start?

Attached: Thegoodbutton.jpg (159x300, 7K)

Subnet mask basically tells you which bits have to remain static. So in your example, 255.255.255.0, only the last octet can change. In fact, you have a whole byte of ranges (0-255) for IPs. *However*, the lowest IP is used as the network ID, and the highest IP is for broadcasting, leaving you with 1-254, or a total of 254 assignable IP addresses.

Is there a somewhat reliable way to tell if a Firefox Add-on is safe? I do very little customization regarding Firefox but Dark Reader seems like a nice thing to have.

So if I had 11111111.11111111.11111111.11111000

That means I can have a total of 7 IP addresses?

I want to hang my monitor on the wall, but I live in an apartment and the only available wall's shared to the neighbor's room

is there something I can do other than drilling into it?

Close dude. You'd have 2^3 - 2. So you'd have 6. Remember you always have to subtract 2: one for the network ID and one for broadcast.

Spam loli and nobody bats an eye.
Post shota and suddenly you're a pedo.

What is a good Japanese font to use in a terminal, in your opinion?

>mfw

Does that mean if I had 255.255.255.224 I can only have 1 IP?

Attached: bwhy.jpg (480x463, 14K)

actually you have zero

Nah dude. 224 = 11100000 . So you still have 5 bits to play with. 2^5 - 2 = 32 - 2 = 30.

How do I start making my own DE/WM?

FMl ya boi finna bouta fail this class

Attached: flounder.jpg (736x644, 70K)

Don't give up, you'll get it. I'm here for you. Keep asking questions about what you don't get.
And as for the smallest possible network, that would be 255.255.255.252 (11111111.11111111.11111111.11111100). Because you have two bits to play with (or 2^2). That's 4 total, minus the network ID and the broadcast address, gives you 2 usable IPs. If you fill out another 1, and go for 255.255.255.254, you'd have two IPs, but they would both be reserved, so you wouldn't be able to assign any IPs.

They all wrong,

I answered 254, 6, and 30.

Attached: kms.png (1610x317, 12K)

HELP
I NEED TO KNOW THE ICON SIZE FOR THE SMALL TASKBAR ICON VERSION OF THE WINDOWS START BUTTON

is it worth setting up a github account if I don't program

yeah, it's how I met my wife (male)

is he cute

no

Attached: Is she thicc tho.jpg (900x1200, 218K)

any ass pics?

lol it says TOTAL ip addresses, retard, not assignable
get fukt

So my new build is done

3dmark.com/spy/6064531

Should I be suspicious on why i'm running a 5.1 OC on the CPU and i'm not getting that hot even during bench marking?

My last build was OC to 4.2 and I was running much hotter.

I'm currently running a 480mm fan with 3 120mm fans.(swapping the 480mm out tomorrow for a 420mm since this one doesn't fit my case)

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 872K)

Hey does anyone else smell something?

I have a 1080p 24" TN monitor sitting on my closet, currently using a 1080 24" 144hz VA one, should I get an arm and mount both? what are the benefits of a second monitor if I dont code?

Depends on what you do. If you deal with documents at all(or anything that deals with multitasking), yeah it's useful. If not, you can watch a youtube video while browsing facebook or something. Try it out, if you don't like it, sell it.

I smell idiocy and that certain smell of hot electronics before they combust

dwm or xmonad?

Are you talking about the unique intel(tm) i9 smell? How dare you badmouth the selling point of intel(tm)'s product!!

What is this port?

Attached: 20190131_172131.jpg (4032x3024, 2.9M)

Walle

Newfag

It's ROB64

Hilarious, but what actually is it?

>they become lewder with each new thread

Attached: 1542044526209.jpg (222x208, 8K)

Try putting a fork in it, if you don't get shocked it's not a power outlet.

Can you give clues or context?

GTX 1080 Ti supports up to 4 displays. Mine is currently connected to three 1440p monitors (DisplayPort) plus my 1080p drawing tablet (HDMI). But eventually I want to get a VR setup.
If I don't want to lose one of my monitors, what's my best solution? I'm assuming I should leave my three main monitors to my GTX 1080 Ti and get something for my drawing tablet, since I won't be running any games on that. Should I get some sort of USB external video card? Or a cheaper GPU?

Attached: file.png (700x466, 713K)

Just through your iGPU at it.

USB C to HDMI for your tablet
or HDMI switch

or actually just USB 2/3
im retarded

dick in manbutt

why do all the new Samsung updates makes the UI uglier

Alright fags help me out.
Is it worth taking a class in computer graphics if I have no interest in making videogames? What other practical uses could it have?

Is there a cheap reliable CD key style site I can get windows 10 from?

Microsoft.com

I don't want to pay full price to be spied on

You're referring to kinguin. Although unless you work in a business environment there's no reason not to pirate.

Older style flat. Couldnt see a phone line/internet up on inspection. Thought maybe this was something to do with it before my time.

I want to install updates though. I though kinguin was for bongs.

You can get a fake KMS or something for updates

Ryzen 7 1800X doesn't have an iGPU.
I'm just used to my tablet it being connected to my 1080 Ti and not having to worry about anything that I wasn't sure if doing something like that would cause any sort of noticeable lag or anything.

Since most fa/g/s are zoomers I doubt you could get help here

HDMI switch shouldn't have any lag. Or literally just switch the cables yourself if you're that worried(that's what I do since I have 4 monitors).

I'm more interested in kinguin. Is not being a bong an impediment?

No, Kinguin isn't region-locked as far as I'm aware. If you really wanna buy a key, there are cheap ones on Ebay tho.

Thanks

Kinguin does sell regional codes for some shit, but it's clearly labeled. At any rate windows doesn't care about that shit. Hell, you can update unactivated windows.

does Manjaro really self-destruct every other week?

no but i make ur mums pussy self destruct every other night

I've had this thought since prior to the GN video about it, but are there any video card, or at least computer component mystery boxes from anyone non-Ebay?
Whether that buy component manufacturers just trying to offload old stock that's taking up warehouse space or retailers doing something similar?
It sometimes costs them more to keep them in stock than not selling, so I could imagine it'd be a thing.

>every other night
>not every not
manlet detected

fuck off you uncultured swine, real men dedicate at least 169 hours a week to their waifu(IN PRIVATE)

You can play GPU roulette at a recycling center. Also you could probably find any other part you need there. If you're willing to take enough, they'll even pay you to take it.

>tfw no recycling centers anywhere near me
>especially no ewaste places
Sometimes it sucks living in the middle of fucking nowhere.

I'm looking for a monitor, it needs to be

>fast refresh like 120+hz
>low latency
>big
>cheap

It can have shit image, bad colors, it just needs to be fast and big and cheap.

your mom is big and cheap, faggot

I got my laptop back from Dell repairs, but it has this weird lump at 11'o clock from the power button, and I'm not sure why. Anyone know?

Attached: hmm.jpg (342x455, 17K)

that's where the NSA installed a small camera to monitor you

when i look at my C drive in "This PC', it says that I have 104GB used.
when i open C drive, select everything and look at the file size, it says I have 59.7Gb used
why this?
also the amount of space in the C drive changes by little amounts every now and then, usually 0.02GB or so. why also this