/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Previous thread:

Attached: artofunix.png (847x1138, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

frammish.org/computer_graphics_principles_and_practice.pdf
austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=940
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nth for Nim!

2nd for ramen

Attached: 1549057705667.jpg (625x476, 99K)

Best book for usb programming?
Is linux device drivers still relevant?

FURTHT FUR BURTTS

Attached: newlanguage.jpg (640x392, 52K)

I want to dwell into asm.
Where do i start?
What should i download/install?
Which architecture will prove useful?

I know that i can get those answers with some search but i want to hear it from here.

added a new argument to Sam that makes it indent with a specified number of spaces, instead of using tabs.

NASM

>What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Am using an ATT 3B2 system emulator, so it can run full UNIX, as well as running UNIX-386 at a full 4.4Ghz and implementing streams to do message passing, so with 8 instances in a VM, they can multi thread between cores. You?

Attached: 1548998885237.jpg (631x477, 95K)

Start somewhere where there's a lot of instructional material.
Get spim(mips emulator) pick a uni and check for their computer orginization lectures.
Learn mips assembly, that's it.
You've learn all the concepts of asm.
Now move to the arch you want to do program. Mips is similar to arm and risc-v.
Moving to cisc will have some overhead but the things you learnt from mips will be useful.

for n in range(1, 101):
if n % 3 is 0:
print('fizz')
if n % 5 is 0:
print('buzz')
else:
print(n)

Give me a job.

>fizz\nbuzz

Should I learn JS or C if I want to possibly find work before graduating college or more likely flunk out and become a homeless person (long story)

JS is more likely
C++ or Java would also be good
C will not have as many career options

They only "teach" C# and Java at my shit college.
Last years final project was getting a laravel site up and running and NO ONE delivered because they dont know how to set up the services though cli.
Bubble sort has to be explained with MOTHERFUCKING PIECES OF PAPER.
I am surrounded by so many fucking retards that my head is about to explode.
Is there any Uni program online from a respectable college that will give me a set of tasks that i should be able to do if i want to be considered a competent dev?
I just solve my leetcodes and make minor shit on the side but i desperately need to know what will give me a huge boost in the industry.

Jesus christ /dpt/.
Why didn't anyone oppose this idiot? He's gonna harm so many people.

Thanks , anons.
I will put this to use.

is it possible to have linkage on a template function specialization?

basically i'm trying to do something like this:
//Portal.h
class APortal
{
template
T TransformToLinkedPortal(const T& Transform, bool bRotate180 = false, bool bMirror = false) const = delete;
}

extern template FTransform APortal::TransformToLinkedPortal(const FTransform& FTransform, bool bRotate180, bool bMirror) const;

//Portal.cpp
FTransform APortal::TransformToLinkedPortal(const FTransform& Transform, bool bRotate180, bool bMirror) const
{
}

read SICP
if you can code and want to look good to the industry, work on some personal projects to put in your resume
or better yet make some significant contributions to open source
what you actually did is far more appealing to tech recruiters than what your degree says you did

I've been slowly building a foobar clone with Qt, I'm done with wine.
Qt is actually really nice.

Attached: fooclone.png (1113x806, 231K)

Alright, then. I'm in school for EE, so would C++/Java be the best option if I wanted to have some sort of broad ties to my major? I'm unaware how to distinguish memes about the languages at the moment but would prefer to have more general knowledge (I think my school teaches Javascript and C#)

>EE
if you actually are going to work on embedded systems and custom chips and shit then C is by far the best, maybe with C++ as well
javascript is for webshit which is probably not what you want because it will have little to do with EE

What he said is basically correct.

I feel guilty for coding this. Why does Haskell allow such bs obfuscated one-liners?
main = print $ fact 5 where fact n = if n

If I get a job in the first place then yes. Too bad I'd be coming out of school too late to get in on the ASIC mining scam rush.

Where would one learn about math for 3D and 2D graphics programming? I'm trying to follow some guides and I just don't get the theory behind it. Maybe I'm a brainlet but I'm willing to learn to escape it.

I re-did my shuffler because I didn't feel the probabilities were good enough.

Also changed the deck to first-in-last-out, since it's a little cognitively easier

>tfw you only have to change 2-3 indices in functions to change how your data is ordered

Attached: shuffler2.png (1809x1283, 119K)

nobody cares
nobody cares
nobody cares

>usb programming

lmao just plug it in

>if (deck ==NULL) instead of if (!deck)

>that's obfuscated
At least Perl doesn't let you put in assembly/escape bullshit
>only print lines of a file with a single word
perl -nae 'print if @F == 1' file

I care

deck->deck_size = deck->cards_left = 52;

it's all linear algebra desu senpai

NULL is an invalid memory space, not guaranteed to be (void *)0.

The thread asked what people are working on. People posted what they were working on.

Attached: FC896488-7213-41A1-BA79-116E3CBDD648.png (722x813, 446K)

It's equivalent. It says so in the language standard

I care

Attached: plsnobully.png (710x384, 192K)

What's a good book on linear algebra, assume I'm starting from the ground up.

Cognitively inverted order of operations, depends on compiler for how that gets executed (does it copy from cards left or does it actually push 52?), is just a bad style (multiple assignments in one line)

>ARE BAD! BULLIES....

I don't know how to help you, it's hard to find proper texts and tutorials on the internet.

Attached: mathmaticsforgameprogrammers.png (736x965, 135K)

Fuck Perl. C and Haskell teach you to do cancerous things but they’re much more benign than Perl and sepples.

Why would you use logical operations on non-number types. That shouldn't be permissible.

>thats obfuscated
if its really that hard for you to understand then just split it up
main = print $ fact 5
where fact n = if n

Fuck Haskell and it's cancerous memory bloat. C and Perl erryday

>not guaranteed to be (void *)0.
(void *)0 is guaranteed to produce a void pointer from a language perspective. It's just that the underlying representation of a NULL pointer doesn't have to be zeros.
However, POSIX actually does guarantee this.

here's what python does

Attached: 33.png (390x521, 10K)

hello NEET

incorrect

pretty much in the same situation. I just do what I have to do to pass courses with a good grade and other than that I focus on my own shit. I was always an autodidact even before uni so I don't care about the quality of the school.

you can argue that its bad but really I just want that final paper so I can live the rest of my life

That actually looks pretty comfy

(void *)0 is guaranteed to be equivalent to NULL in comparison, but I can't trust NULL to be 0. All in my mind it has to be equivalent to is itself, and that it should be an invalid memory space that crashes the program and does nothing in free. I explicitly have reasons why 0 should be a valid memory space, which is why I wouldn't want NULL to be guaranteed 0, and won't program in a way in which it is. Using a "not" operator like ! is dangerous to me in certain contexts, because I have to know the outcome of a function, if it's non-boolean. 0 is normally integer success on exit, but if a NULL is returned that's not right.

REEEE

You should read "Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice". I find it easier to learn from physical books, but this one is kind of expensive, so here's a digital copy.

frammish.org/computer_graphics_principles_and_practice.pdf

>REEEE
?

incorrect

If they're supposed to end up the same program then they should. If I'm supposed to reason two sets of code are the same then they should be the same in execution. Optimizers should be better than me.

which database engine?

I wrote it. Of course I understand it. The problem is it's obfuscated. I showed it to my little brother and he didn't get it but he understood a Python version. You should be able to have a general idea of what a program does without knowing the intricacies of the language. C and Haskell aren't like that. They allow people with already autistic communication disabilities to do very obtuse things. Those bad habits carry over when their users code other languages too. They do verbose bs and have terrible program organization.

Oracle Database Express Edition

OH NO NO NO
fact n=product[1..n]

>Haskell that's not intentionally obtuse
W-wtf is this?

Attached: 1548287759336.png (667x750, 464K)

>464KB

Attached: 1549245250974.png (667x750, 164K)

>164KB

Attached: 1549245358136.jpg (667x750, 17K)

SQLite
What's wrong with it? well, besides oracle and java

Importand reminder that trannies can't be programmers because they are mentally ill and not capable of logic thinking.

Reminder that you're wrong and incapable of logical thinking.

>17KB

Attached: Untitled.jpg (667x750, 8K)

important reminder that if this kind of trolling is really the peak of your creativity, you're doomed to be a code monkey forever

is it stable enough to be worth distributing? Have you put it on gitlab or similar? I want.

Attached: 1548809595640.jpg (1152x720, 83K)

I don't think that's trolling, user. I think that user is genuinely that mistaken.

>Doing basic babby java for school
>Already feel like i just want to hang myself due to boredom
Is it supposed to be this boring or am i just not autistic enough?

Trannies literally destroy their own hormonal balance on purpose, only because someone persuaded them to do so.

Nice. It looks like a good UI. Have you tried quod libet?

java's a really dull language

well, in that case, he's incredibly close-minded and will get nowhere in life, programmer or not

Attached: 1543209262051.png (378x347, 139K)

Holy shit, /dpt/ is full of trannies? So the trannies were the C shills all along.

playing with dwm/st. still a scrub at patching. I have a status bar that i prefer to dwmstatus just using a shell script. i'd like to eventually make my own status in c as it would be lighter on resources, no?

No, the Huskelltards are the trannies.

>> 69654746
>only because someone persuaded them to do so
lowest-quality bait I've ever read, you don't even deserve a (You)

Probably a mix of language and assignments. For most of my assignments I loved doing them, but outside specific things I've done very little. Some languages are always more fun than others, which is why I like C and Perl. I have a lot of flexibility in design, which matches my cognitive models. A more boiler-plate and library oriented language doesn't appeal to me as much.

Well, yes, quite, indeed.

>people with already autistic communication disabilities to do very obtuse things
I think you're right, and you could add Java and Perl to that list. What is a good language for people with autistic communication disabilities to write clear, readable code? Maybe Go or Python?

Attached: a_stretch.jpg (3000x664, 927K)

That's the level of idiocy we have to deal with in /dpt/. No wonder we never get anything done here.

Why Python Requests does not support HTTP/2 in 2019? The only actual framework for HTTP/2 is Hyper, still it's too raw and undeveloped to be compared with Requests.

Am I missing something or Python abandoned dead language atm?

Attached: 15428342797090.png (400x400, 59K)

Am I expected to do all exercises when reading SICP? I find its content interesting but I find myself spending too much time on the exercises

Thanks, i hope it gets better as we progress to something more complicated.

Judging by speech patterns I think there's a lot of overlap between C and Haskell shills.

>Am I expected to do all exercises when reading SICP?
No, but the more exercises you do the more solid your knowledge and understanding of the material becomes.

Judging by how frequently I see trannies in different communities I'd agree. Though it's not a good measure obviously.
I believe so as well. But not in general.

Certainly Python. Idk much about Go.

The correct progression is:
Prolog -> ML -> Haskell -> Agda

austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=940

Posix doesn't guarantee if (!NULL)... , because it's a "feature" of C to be able to access anything in the language in any way, even if it'd crash the program. Probably 99% of libraries and hardware use NULL == ((void *)0), but it's not guaranteed.

Just because Perl can be used as a write-once language doesn't mean you have to.. Haskell on the other hand...

haskell's syntax isn't very obtuse, people just arent used to reading/learning declarative syntax. everything is taught imperatively, as a series of steps

1st time looking for programming threads on Jow Forums.

Wait, are you actually have only this ITT to discuss all the languages?

I mean, Jow Forums have dedicated board for "Papercraft & Origami" shit, but not for programming, wtf?

Attached: 15460995129852.jpg (620x640, 50K)

>but I can't trust NULL to be 0
the standard guarantees that a null pointer evaluates to a boolean false

The trannies damage the entire reputation of programming.

Because they run around and claim they're programmer people now think it's retards. The term "software engineer" is already an insult.

I hope they have their srs soon so they have to dilate the entire day so their life is ruined and they kill themself.

I hate how they soiled my passion.

python is like a cute friendly girl that spits in your face when she talks. You should move on to sepples, a high maintenance theater girl into bondage that may stab you in your sleep if she thinks you are cheating.

Attached: 1546723241434.gif (498x372, 1.73M)

/prog/ bait