/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __shinjou_akane_ssss_gridman_drawn_by_hews_hack__ac456ec359378955f7667664a57e3921.jpg (1403x1055, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R2I6f1wrfUE
akg.com/Headphones/Professional Headphones/K92.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are good headphone brands?

/hpg/ in a nutshell

Attached: stupid.jpg (600x428, 47K)

let's see how many times stax can be mentioned this thread by its singular pretend owner, previous one was 58 times

Remember that Stax are objectively garbage and sound worse than mid-fi.
Even their best model scored lower than cheap AKGs in listening tests.

Attached: 1546498861534.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

I'm starting to unironically miss floor user. He was a heavy oil drinker but at least he loved headphones and owned some. You two are a blight.

So should I aim for Audio Technicas? AKGs? Beyerdynamics?

You expect a serious answer from Nikita? He doesn't own headphones.

i don't got anything to do with that other guy i just find it funny how much a pair of headphones nobody even has is either shit talked or praised about on here

'twas hoping a serious answer from Jow Forums. Sorry if I'm wasting my time asking here.

Man, the guy you were replying to is a notorious spamming shitposter. Well this thread is cancer if you can't handle some tumors it's going to be hard wading through.
If you want good recos fill the OP form first

I can handle the tumors, I'm just wondering from your guys' personal experiences with them. That's all really. I love the sound of autistic faggots reeing in the morning.

Sennheiser.

>Remember that Stax are objectively garbage and sound worse than mid-fi.
>Even their best model scored lower than cheap AKGs in listening tests.

stax incels on suicide watch, lmao

>Budget
at least 50-100$

>Location
Where the wild leaves roam (Canada)
>Type of headphone
Full-size that's over-ear.
>Open or closed
Closed.
>Comfort level
If I'd rate the comfort level, I'd say 4/5 at the most.
>Sound Signature
I need some bass to it or else it just won't work for me man.
>Past headphones
Pair of 3.5mm Marley headphones that were blue.

at some point ear pad comfort and cord durability start to matter more that sound quality,
like if you wear headphones for more than three hours strait.
the best head phones you can forget they are there after six hours,
and it feels weird to take them off as you have come to notice only their absence.
if you are low on cash Sony and sennheiser are good options, weakness of sony is in the cord relief and sennhiser tend to lack bass.
Phillips and Panasonic also make some nice sets but they tend to have a sort of flat sound and the frame/head band is a little fragile.
for other brands its just down to how much money and time you have to find the set you like
be careful of gimmicks or weird cord arrangements

Attached: sennheiser-pc-151-stereo-headset.jpg (800x800, 152K)

So if I wanted to hit like around a bit over 100$, would I choose sennheiser? Or would I go full blown audiophile and stick with Audio-technica?

beyerdynamic

butthurt snapshitters won't respond to this

I'd recommend M40x, Jamal.

Spoiler alert : it's all about your preference in sound signatures.
If you're talking closed headphones though you really ought to avoid Sennheiser.

Thanks LeShaun.

Good to know mates. I'm trying to aim for something that has a good bass to it.

*HONK*
*HONK*
*HOOOOONK*

I have an announcement everybody!!!! *HONK* Everybody, I have an announcement!!!!! *HONK* *HONK*

I have an announcement everybody!!!! *HONK* Everybody, I have an announcement!!!!! *HONK HONK*

*blows up balloon and makes a balloon dog* This announcement is gonna be monumental!!!!!!

*sprays water from fake flower* The biggest *slaps you with rubber chicken* most amazing announcement *pulls string and bowtie spins like a fan* you'll ever hear in your life!!!!!!!!! *HONK HONK*

Get ready, for *takes off size 30 shoe, inflating a giant balloon hammer, then whacks you with it* the announcement *starts pulling line of multi-colored cloth from throat* to end all announcements!!!!!!!! *HONK HONK HONK*

Here, just lean your head in closer to this sack of announcements and you'll hear it!!!!!!!

Closer...

Clooooosssseerrrr...

*HOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNKKKKKKKK*
*presses a cream pie into your face*

Stax SR-009 was rated lower than AKG K701 in blind listening tests.*HONK HONK*

Attached: 1549066712644.png (960x498, 181K)

B A S E D

I think with all the mickey mouse bullshit, Stax headphones would've crapped out just from the first honk.

M40X would suit your needs. You'd probably prefer the m50x if you want full on emphasis on bass but that's a bit more expensive and arguably overpriced territory, the M50 used to be cheaper but ATH inflated its price once it became popular and they introduced the M50X successor.

Yeah. Good for the price too! Thanks for telling me about it!

Not getting bored yet? None of the stax posters even seem to be online at the moment. I'm not one of the staxxers but your spam is getting boring as fuck.

Nah, we're just clanging on pots and pans until Staxxers come on by and ree about MUH (((SAOND KWALITY)))

>t. SEETHING incel

sennheiser is a good allround brand but not very exciting @ mid and low cost level, and some will clam the head bands are a little flakey / brittle
since you mention it it might be better to go towards the entry level of the higher end/more reputable brands
they are sort of like the mid range products of the cheaper brands if that makes sense
AKG or Audio technica have a few like this @ 100$ or so
I could not try many headphones on before my local HiFi store closed down
its small town problems like no one haveing any record player needles or cartridges in stock

you ok dude?

Attached: ssdf.png (1033x169, 11K)

Thanks for the advice. Shame about your little town.

Here's the truth about STAX from an objectivist.

STAX electrostatic headphones are better than most dynamic headphones because they have lower distortion. It's like saying the JDS Labs Atom amplifier is a better amp than the Objective2 in every possible objective metric.

But guess what? The advantages these products have over its competitors aren't audible. Modern dynamic headphones like HD600 have such low distortion in the sub-bass (under 5% is considered to be good), that when you compare it side by side with a STAX (for example L700), you won't hear any distortion. Thus the differences in the two headphones can be attributed to the most important factor: frequency response. Based on the current diffuse field standard that we have, the HD600 is the more neutral of the two headphones, so there is a legitimate claim to it offering a higher fidelity experience, at least in stock form. With EQ, they both don't matter, the distortion is low enough on both and as a result it's easy to make corrections, theoretically with the STAX you will be able to do more advanced corrections because of its lower distortion in the sub-bass.

STAX aren't also the headphones with the lowest levels of distortion, the LCD-2 by Audeze which is a cherrypicked example by me (I'm sure there's others) has lower distortion than most Lambdas, virtually none. Again, this doesn't matter in real world usage, but it's nice to stroke you dick over it, that feeling of owning a well engineered product.

All in all, you really don't need to spend lots of money on headphones to get a high fidelity listening experience, just make sure to get something with extended frequency response, relatively low distortion and whatever other features you may desire.

80 years of frequency response tuning

so hol up
*smacku lipu~
art thou saying
that uh
stax are audiophool garbage?

Attached: 80 years of no bass.png (1558x473, 211K)

objectivist? you're drinking ayn rand koolaid?

not sealed

blackedpilled

Dynamic been around for longer for tuning. So therefore by your logic dynamic > electrostatic.

Based and objectivepilled. This user gets it.

Objectivism in audio jargon is used in the literal manner, not philosophical one. It's the opposition to "subjective" views.
You know how some people believe audio cables affect the sound in major way despite no science backing those claims? (blinds tests were done with people not even noticing speakers were wired with coat hangers..) That's the opposite of objectivism : the audio religion.
Unfortunately, certain groups of objectivists started their own godless religion, a bit like some atheists took their catholic teachings a bit too far without their god and called that leftism. Those objectivists use the same vocabulary as the real deal, but they don't understand objectivism. They will emit judgement on hardware based on things the human ear cannot perceive because they measure better when measured with instruments that are a lot more sensitive than our senses. Whereas actual objectivism will work with an understanding of human limitations and not care about whether the amp is silent at -100dB vs -120dB.

not under one leadership and not in the way that stax operates. stax keeps their sound and tries to iteratively improve it. so much so that they work with researchers and came up with the diffuse field curve. so much so that they almost went bankrupt after spending so much r&d on the original omega, that's why they sold to edifier.

good luck making up for that lost time and effort, I'm sure you can get the treble response to be as transparent sounding as stax. or you know, just get stax and then adjust the overall balance to your preference

No one buys stax for the ultra low THD because we know planars achieve the same levels. You buy it for the tuning and imaging.

>but it's nice to stroke you dick over it, that feeling of owning a well engineered product.
so well engineered the wood on it cracks and the drivers pop LMAO

real objectivists recognize and applaud stax for what they are doing and what they have accomplished. they are essentially ribbon tweeters on your head with decades of ongoing research into tuning them.

Oh Jow Forums, how I love you so.

how much bass lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=R2I6f1wrfUE
post some music that you listen to that might need such a thing
this will give a clue and people can test their own speakers and report back (baring the limitations of format ofc) but it is important to have the same thing to work from
many speakers do fine at 100 hz but start to struggle below 60 hz
and for 30 hz or lower it almost comes down to the enclosure more than speaker
performance between 200 and 400 hz is also important but this is not normally a problem

Attached: plantronics RIG 505 Lava.jpg (1056x1072, 95K)

>decades of ongoing research into tuning
>still sound worse than mid-fi

Attached: 15456591310290.png (251x242, 114K)

fuckin' perkele.

he’s ukranian not finnish, although saying perkele may trigger generational PTSD of WWII.

Wow this is a really sexy and beautiful woman ;)

I'll admit it's waifu material but still, strange fucking fetish you got there user.

What do you mean?

sony needs to be at the beginning and the end of this list

What do I mean? Absolutely goddamn nothing, that's what I'm talking about.

he means you have a fetish for men

Sony don’t make any good headphones period

I could put the 7506 fans on top of grado, the ma900 fans below sennheiser, and the Z1R/Z7 next to ZMF.. oh, that's too much work, fuggit.

They cost 40€ on amazon. should I go for it or I can find something better for the price akg.com/Headphones/Professional Headphones/K92.html

Well thats a wierd thing to say then.

Thats a girl and she is beautiful

PortaPro. Low end AKG are gutter trash. They look cooler but they sound shitter.

The most beautiful FR I have ever seen. It looks even funner in CSD form. -20dB in upper mids.

Attached: k92.png (1228x588, 452K)

>after 4 years my 10rnc cushions started to rip
now I want to upgrade it,
what are the best noise cancelling headphones right now?

for less than 400usd
Comfortable enought for using for 2~3 hours nonstop
Must have Noise-Canceling

i've been thinking about getting an WH-1000XM3, should I?

Attached: Not mine.jpg (576x768, 49K)

>noise cancelling
OH NO NO NO NO NO

ma900 are better than hd600 and beyer

>has never been on an airplane stuck in the shitty seat in between the engine and an overweight man snoring

those are just closed headphones. there is no such tech that could "noise cancel" what you describe.

>have fuckhuge ears
>always had to settle for on ear
>even if they're labled as over ear
>find Sennie HD 518s
>they actually fit over (just!)
What are my options? Will 600s fit or should I just stick with the 5 series?

don't forget the pfr-v1!!!

Attached: IMG_20190131_164039.jpg (2656x1494, 269K)

that god for my CIEMs that block out more noise than any meme cancelling headphone while still having extremely high audio quality

Why are stax cables twisted above the split?

yes get the sony 1000xm3, the other 2 are trolls. Sony noise cancel is the ONLY noise canceling that can cancel out voice a bit too as well as engine noise.

Buy bose qc35

>stop disliking what i like u troll :(
Based

Yeah, buy those obnoxious pieces of shit. Trust me, I had QC35 II's, and they sucked harder than anything imaginable.

>t. triggered beyer tranny

based boogeymanposting retard

the beyer tranny is the only one who does the stupid "OH NO NO" post everytime.

if you say so dear retard

>he thinks everyone is the beyertrannny
OHHHH NONONONONONO

>SEETHING

5 series are roomier than 6 series. Stick with the 5 series.
MA900 lacks sub-bass.

said the schizo retard who thinks everyone he dislikes is his beyer tranny boogeyman

>Impending Autism

At least I'm not gay. :) Enjoy your 40% suicide rate when you hit 40 years old.

make like terry a davis and hit those traintracks sweetheart

All aboard the SuicideWatch Express.

>freak out because headphones started having channel imbalance
>turns out it's just a pressure difference between ears

Attached: D67F14950D1543BC9CBDC25B28B0F6A6.png (478x456, 407K)

Nice, I'm a genius. Go suck a cianigger cock dumb faggot.

this is your captain sapphire speaking, we will now be crashing our train into a concrete wall. have a nice death.

>Budget
150-200
>Type of headphone
Doesn't matter
>Open or closed
Either
>Comfort level
Comfy
>Sound signature
Looking for something bassy and with a decent soundstage
>Past headphones
Mainly looking for a pair to compliment and back up my 58X.

They are pretty much perfect ;)

you’re like terry a davis except you’re mentally retarded and couldn’t use a fork if your life depended on it so you’re just another dumb schizo

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER

>Budget
>Type of headphone
any
>Open or closed
any
>Comfort level
high
>Sound signature
somethings difference to complement snapheisers I have
>Past headphones
HD589, Momentum 2, HD6xx (on the way)