Does Jow Forums like smartwatches?

Does Jow Forums like smartwatches?

Attached: movado-connect-on-wrist-color-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.junkers.de/en/junkers-6754-1-eisvogel-f13.html
aliexpress.com/item/Hifi-MMCX-port-wireless-Bluetooth-adapter-sports-cable-For-Shure-SE215-SE535-UE900-Earphone-Bluetooth-adapter/32951225803.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, fuck off and kill yourself, retard.

If Jow Forums doesn't like smartwatches, then why did /wt/ move to /fa/?

Attached: 6E5A4500C15F4BB7AE84E7AEB3BEB32D.jpg (702x702, 86K)

They have their perks (standalone BT music player) i got mine to use as GPS cycle speedometer and then it grew on me.

Im actually considering getting a 4g LTE connected watch and giving up phones entirely. in the future.

Attached: IMG_7303.jpg (3264x2448, 3.89M)

I'm a Colossal Faggot: The Post

What smartwatch is that?

Dumb overbearing janitor trying to kill my pet general that I spent 2 weeks forcing until the momentum took off and people other than me started making new threads.

I started the watch general on Jow Forums several years ago because the /fa/ one only ever talked about fashion watches with $6 quartz movements.

I'm waiting for smart phones that bend around the wrist.

Nah, I'm all good with my prehistoric Casio.

Attached: IMG_20190204_154340.jpg (4632x3474, 1.58M)

Only smartwatch I ever liked was the huawei gen 1 watch black on black. I still wear it to this day and luckily I've never seen anyone else with one. Just the Samsung gear 3 or Apple watches.

I have a Gear Sport.
I like that it's pretty much waterproof, I can buy shit with it (went jogging on a 40 degree day recently and needed water bad) and just being able to see notifications without getting my phone out (I always feel like I could drop it in public places).

The biggest problem is independent of the phone it can't do all that much, a lot of its functionality is mirroring from the phone in my pocket.
I think the category will continue to exist and get better but it will never be as big as people were touting at the beginning.

Mashallah

Attached: IMG_20190204_165636.jpg (3024x4032, 2.25M)

based terrorist watch posters

Attached: IMG_20190204_072418.jpg (3456x3192, 2.27M)

Thank you based watch Jow Forumsaynon

What watch is this? Cant find the exact one

Yes, my chinkwatch is great

It's literally on the watch
shop.junkers.de/en/junkers-6754-1-eisvogel-f13.html

No, fuck off

>smart
when will this buzzword end?

Both smartphones and smartwatches are useless.

BASED AND CASIOPILLED

Attached: IMG_20190204_104758462bbbb.jpg (2560x1920, 590K)

One more device that requires almost daily charging. No thanks.

Got a Xiaomi Mi Band 2, it's about as smart as it needs to be: gives time, counts steps, vibes in the morning, vibes for notifications, 1 month battery, costs $10. It's good.

For now, I'm expecting companies like Withings, Casio and Citizen to change the game. Theyunderstood people want watches that look like watches, and that work like watches, not being overly dependant on a phone, not having to be charged every day, which makes them highly dependable.

Casio already broke ground with its dual layer LCDs, already used in Protrek watches for compass, now used for smartwatches to boost their battery life in standby mode, Withings continues to make minimaly-smart watches offering only the key useful features, Citizen smartwatches are all solar powered. Suunto and Garmin are close behind, they make decent smartwatches packed with tons of features, but that's too many features for their own good, they eat battery like crazy, they could afford being a bit more simplistic, and thus become more dependable, and the high prices coupled with yearly updates make it a perpetual loop of "let's wait a bit more before buying one", not to mention an over-reliance on a phone, when people don't want just another phone on their wrist.

But right now there's not a single smartwatch that anyone in his right mind would find useful.

yeah cuz it's sooooooo difficult to set it on its wireless charging stand after you're done wearing it. you don't wear your watch to sleep, do you?

Which smartest has best battery life?

>yet another NSA tracking device

Well I need to put that wireless charging stand where I'll be putting down my watch which may be some other place from where I put my usual belongings because there's no power sockets next to it, and then I still need to haul that charging stand on every weekend at my parents, every holidays abroad, every business trip.

Did you ever own a regular watch? I swear it's like some people never owned actually practical, well-designed items, and became slaves of their belongings without knowing what freedom is like.

it sounds like you're complaining over a bunch of really easy shit to deal with, and you're just lazy and stuck in your ways instead of embracing the future

*steal all your data to sell to some shady data broker*

Attached: metclock.jpg (1500x1000, 303K)

I see zero point in using a smartwatch other than it being a fun gimmick that loses it's novelty after a week.

Whatever a smartwatch can, a phone can.

smart watches are so boring. i always feel a little disappointed when i see someone wearing one.

>being dependant on power sockets
>embracing the future

I think your vision of the future is simply terrible. I think you really are one of those neckbeards that bought a smartwatch because they thought they're so "awesome", but never had a need for a watch, just like those cucks buying tiny cuck electric cars.

> struggling from a power socket shortage
> making assumptions

i've never once run out of convenient places to plug something into, and i feel sorry for you if you have

Yes, take the whole cock in, give the corporations your full consent to make you life worse like the good dog you are.

im already smart enough

Non watchfag here, what's a good place to sell watches? Someone gave me this old 100+$ g-shock watch some years ago as a gift and I completely forgot about it so it hasn't been used or anything.

Reporting in

Attached: IMG_20190204_104209286.jpg (2340x4160, 1.97M)

not an argument

Cringe

Attached: 18F6499E-3891-4F41-95C7-3C5C583B60FA.jpg (870x960, 85K)

Well, to be less POLish, it's you and me on the end of the day that decide what's future or what's not the future.
In the 70's, the future was about IBM mainframes serving dumb terminals at home, you would rent computer time, but this future was changed with literal nerds with soldering irons.
You sound like the person that would just accept having a terminal at home, instead of someone that will refuse it for something better.

i can see why you wouldn't want a terminal at home, you wouldn't be able to find a place to plug it in!

I can see why you would, you want IBM to have the right to pull your plug on the other side if you're not a good boy.

>/wt/ raids the thread

No.

not too much

Nice X230 m8. I'm more of an Edifice guy

Fuck smartwatches. I stopped using my MS band because I got tired of having to charge the damn thing every day. Not being waterproof is also pretty bad because you even have to be careful when washing your hands.

Attached: 20190204_194006.jpg (4032x3024, 2.82M)

Sad, I remember buying a Seiko 5 because of the generals

That watch is utter garbage and I will burn it once I make a rage-review on Jew Tube, to warn others.

I'm still looking for a nice e-ink one. Pebbles are a bitch to find nowadays

No, smartwatches are fucking useless and who the fuck needs a watch on these days anyways? If I want to check the hour I use my phone.

Attached: 1547318902209.jpg (356x500, 43K)

They're a nice toy to play with for an hour, then throw away again and put on a decent watch.

Hybrid/Stealth terrorist watch reporting.

Attached: DSC_0001s.jpg (450x550, 66K)

where did you get a bluetooth adapater for t2 chink headphones? Ive been looking for those

>smartwatches are fucking useless
they arent your probably just a fat arse that doesnt exercise or get out

>if i want to check the hour I use my phone.
by having alerts on my wrist i dont pull my phone out and consequently the battery lasts much longer

Smartwatches are the final nail in the Swiss watch industry coffin.

Attached: 1528301710556.jpg (3848x1796, 1009K)

aliexpress.com/item/Hifi-MMCX-port-wireless-Bluetooth-adapter-sports-cable-For-Shure-SE215-SE535-UE900-Earphone-Bluetooth-adapter/32951225803.html

there you fren