>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X or i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: 1366049107494.jpg (1632x1224, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/bhYLrH/nzxt-h400-black-microatx-mini-tower-case-ca-h400b-b1
pcpartpicker.com/product/JsKcCJ/fractal-design-meshify-c-mini-dark-tg-microatx-mini-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-mini-bko-tgd
bestmonitorsbyncx.createaforum.com/general-discussion/best-27'-4k-3840x2160-ahvaipspls-panels/
pcpartpicker.com/list/8ZzrQZ
pcpartpicker.com/user/nidomag/saved/MHGQZL
youtube.com/watch?v=bjVet7KU3A0
ghacks.net/2017/03/11/firefox-chrome-ie-safari-memory-performance-in-2017/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160350
pcpartpicker.com/product/thQG3C/dell-d2719hgf-270-1920x1080-144-hz-monitor-d2719hgf
pcpartpicker.com/product/LXMwrH/acer-xfa240-bmjdpr-240-1920x1080-144hz-monitor-xfa240-bmjdpr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck, forgot to make a note about the Feb. 7 launch of the Radeon VII. Wait for reviews as usual

According to NZXT they claim H200 can fit "up to 165mm" air coolers, and the NHD15 is exactly 165mm. That would be the best air cooler that I know of. It looks like there are a bunch of posts elsewhere claiming that pair does work fine.
That's great but well outside the average. Nobody should expect more than 5 years out of those.

Attached: Radeon VII.png (1385x779, 1.71M)

>my single 7970 shoots out heat at 65V under full load and heats the room a little
>tfw over 50 high end cards on that piece of shit

>65V
65C*

>Nobody should expect more than 5 years out of those
how do you know that anyway?

Because those Asetek pumps that are in almost every god damned AIO are fucking dogshit, that's how I know.

It will still probably continue to work fine. It's 800 watts and you claim that it wasn't even using too much power.

how does that give you a number though? what's your experience with them or source to pull specific time frames from?

Reposting from dead thread;
Just after some second opinions due to the lack of reviews online:
Will this case be good for gaming despite its matx form factor? I love how it looks;
pcpartpicker.com/product/bhYLrH/nzxt-h400-black-microatx-mini-tower-case-ca-h400b-b1
(Build likely to be ryzen and Vega/2060)

hi
I am thinking of building the "Waiting on new+cheaper graphics cards" build on the pcbg partpicker list (pic related) and I can try out the integrated graphics in the meantime. But I'm just wondering what graphics card should I be waiting for to get cheaper? Would the RX 570 (4GB) be bottle necked by the 2200G? I'm mentioning the 570 because some people have been saying the 570 is good value.

Attached: pcbg 2200G build.jpg (1169x746, 103K)

This, also Corsair PSUs of large wattages even on the low end are often underrated, my CX750 can actually put out 825w before shutting off, and my whole machine with the 7970 and CPU under load is like 500w.

The only people that know for sure are Asetek, but there is so much anecdotal evidence over the years that it's impossible to ignore. AIOs also don't even perform better than air coolers in the first place so on top of the very likely probability that they have a significantly non-zero failure rate, with the potential to fail catastrophically, they don't even perform better than similarly priced air coolers. They're complete fucking garbage.

Just checked, a GS800 can put out 854w max before shutting off.

should run fine but if you're that worried about thermals then consider the meshify c mini

pcpartpicker.com/product/JsKcCJ/fractal-design-meshify-c-mini-dark-tg-microatx-mini-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-mini-bko-tgd

>AIOs also don't even perform better than air coolers in the first place
In open air tests, but for anyone who don't have 4 or more case fans being able to dump the heat of your CPU out of the case or intake only outside air changes things.

Always do your own research, period. Something to note is that 2x 8GB of RAM is probably a better deal by a price/GB metric, and you have assured compatibility by buying a single kit. Also you can skrimp a little more on the mobo because you can get one with only two RAM slots because you probably won't have to upgrade the memory. Additionally, you might want a mobo with particular feature, or pricing might have changed on one listed in that build, making it a bad value.

In answer to your question about "What am I waiting for?", you'd be waiting for a GTX 1660/Ti, or whatever it'll be called, and one of the Zen2/Ryzen3 CPUs coming out mid year. However, the RX 570 (preferably 8GB) won't be dethroned as the value king even by the new low(er) end Nvidia graphics cards, even though they'll be close. In other words, if you're happy with the performance level of a 570, go ahead and buy one.

bestmonitorsbyncx.createaforum.com/general-discussion/best-27'-4k-3840x2160-ahvaipspls-panels/

Can I trust this redditor? It seems like he has the required level of autism to know what he's talking about. I want to believe he's right about the Asus PB27UQ and there aren't many other reviews for it.

1080p
>8GB RX 570 and RX 580 are standard choices
>GTX 1660 Ti if you're looking for moderately high (80+) framerates and you have a CPU to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match

>electric/utilities included

Attached: watts.png (220x220, 42K)

>hot room rich as fuck
>comfortable temperature and no money
you can pick one

If you can buy a room full of cards during the crisis, you don't need crypto, those who went from rags to riches over a few months were sitting on crypto and there was a bubble that retards fell for, one btc is only worth $3400, down from $19,650 peak. The shit is a fucking dud if you want in on it now.

Does matx demand liquid cooling and/or case fans to be effective? I hadn’t planned to buy either

>The shit is a fucking dud if you want in on it now.
it isn't suppose to be a money making machine it's suppose to be a currency that isn't controlled by any governments

Thanks very much for your help, I really do appreciate it :)

Radeon 7 will have HBM 2 pricey memory, 7nm yes but performance wise it's no great leap forward as our PRC friends would say
literally no reason to look forward to it.

Should I bother with a mini case? or will it just get too hot/cramped? I dont really need a bunch of drives or PCI or anything, just an SSD, 2060, and a 9900k

what a terrible baitpost

Yeah but there's a bunch of people here that have sworn to never buy nvidia no matter how much it challenges them who have no other choice.
I hope for their sake it doesn't turn out to be a low volume item, though it being binned, niche enterprise cards on a cutting edge process, i doubt there's going to be many

>GTX 1660 Ti
>suggesting a card that isn't even out yet

Tis a mere pondering of the future.

Attached: budget pc gaming.png (2493x834, 755K)

So she’s all built and I couldn’t be happier. Posted first time, installation of windows was painless and now we’re all loaded in.

What should I do next? I just downloaded MSI afterburner and the appropriate NVIDIA drivers. I’m about download a ninite setup but before I do that is there anything I’m obviously missing?

>Ryzen 2600
>MSI gaming pro carbon Ac
>MSI gaming x 1080ti

Attached: 5BCFB151-10EA-495E-89B7-6BD2DB6B3148.jpg (4032x3024, 1.47M)

AUUUGGHH MY BUDGET PC THAT I BUILT 2 YEARS AGO THAT COULD BARELY RUN GAMES ON MEDIUM 2 YEARS AGO STRUGGLES TO PLAY GAMES TODAY! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?

2060 is really great guys buy it

He's not really making a case for buying a console, he's just complaining that poor people are poor.

Parents want to replace their 7 year old prebuilt from walmart with something new. they primarily web surf and email, watch the occasional youtube, and mom uses it for spreadsheet stuff and work.

Thoughts?

Prebuilt had an AMD A6 3620, so I tried to stay with a cheaper quad core with integrated graphics. Im mostly iffy on the PSU since partpicker says the whole thing should only pull like 80 watts and the lowers wattage psu they had was like...400. Do they even make them lower than that?

Attached: momBuild.png (1507x1245, 177K)

Drop that Windows copy, but it off eBay or something. You could honestly get away with an Athlon CPU, like 200GE. IIRC it already contains an IGPU. More than enough for web browsing.

nobody NEEDS a 9900k, if you're only gaming then a 9700k is fine and if you're doing anything productive outside of adobe suite then a 2700x is the better value.

Do they honestly need an optical drive? Also, even casuals need 16 GB RAM. Internet browsers, not even once.

Would Jow Forums wait for 7nm Ryzen or just buy the current gen?

any recommendations on large capacity ssds?

pcpartpicker.com/list/8ZzrQZ

pcpartpicker.com/user/nidomag/saved/MHGQZL
Gonna use this to play all the games the cool kids play. Any advice?

yeah
1tb sata drives are $100

1050Ti has never been budget king, except possibly during a short period during crypto shortages. Even then the 3GB 1060 was a better price/perf proposition most of the time

However if someone really wanted to spend as little as possible, the Ti models are fine in some situations, like buying a Optiplex and throwing in the card. Obviously in that case who cares about ALWAYS GETTING 240FPS ON MAX SETTINGS

Nice, have fun

Too much memory. 8 is fine, but they could probably even get away with 4

Monitor sucks. youtube.com/watch?v=bjVet7KU3A0

ghacks.net/2017/03/11/firefox-chrome-ie-safari-memory-performance-in-2017/

16gb has a bit more longevity

I brought a second hand 970, did I do good?

Attached: 1546541518261.jpg (1024x1383, 259K)

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160350

thinking about getting two of these with a 1660 ti when it comes out + r5 3600x if its much better than my r5 1600. does anyone have this monitor? I know its TN but Ill be able to afford two + its one of the approved freesync monitors that works with nvidia

That chick looks sexy so I'd say it's a good monitor, go for it.

hope it was under $100
i'd rather get these
pcpartpicker.com/product/thQG3C/dell-d2719hgf-270-1920x1080-144-hz-monitor-d2719hgf
pcpartpicker.com/product/LXMwrH/acer-xfa240-bmjdpr-240-1920x1080-144hz-monitor-xfa240-bmjdpr

Thanks user

I’m more concerned that current mid range cards are going to require compromised settings in new games too soon from now. But the mid/high cards are now rare/expensive

Im building my PC tomorrow, let me make sure the steps are right, if i fucked up somewhere pls let me know

1. Cpu, line up arrows pull down lever
2. Ram, line up notches wa la
3. cpu heatsink
4. put io shield and mobo in case
5. power supply in
6. Hard drive and SSD in
7. GPU in
8. wire everything, 24 pin to mobo, vga to graphics card, eps to cpu power, sata to shit, front panel headers
9. case fans
10. Windows 10
is that right? or am i missing a step/doing it in shitty order?

Depends on your resolution
get a 2060 for 1080p
get a 2080 for 1440p
futureproof gayming

Is tempered glass easy to break? Thinking about getting the thermaltake j24

assemble everything before you throw it in the case. Pain in the ass to build everything and it won't post.

anyone have any idea what can cause a motherboard not to post if two identical 8 gb sticks are installed in dual channel configuration? single channel boots with no problems

Attached: pc.png (756x532, 52K)

I think you’re correct, it just seems expensive for a 1080p card
Maybe 6gb will be enough for 1440p for longer than I think

just dont drop it and youre gucci

are they from a a 2x8 kit? or another 8gb stick you found lying around?

not a kit, but identical as far as i can tell

Attached: IMG_0006.jpg (3024x4032, 2.73M)

so it radeon vii navi? is it FINALLY fucking navi?

With that acer i do like how you get that adjustable stand that can go vertical. something I would def like for the second monitor time to time. thanks for the recommendations Ill be looking into them more

>2133
it's the shittiest bin

it's vega ii,
vii.

one of your ram slots on the mobo is fucked, or the cpu is fucked

had the same problem with a guy who tried to bodge a power supply into working with a 8 pin pcie connector on the cpu, friend his x16 lane and half of his ram slots, dunno how that works. probably partly the gigabyte board's fault.

How is kfa2 as a brand? There is a sale in my country with a 2070 at 480€, it's not bad when most 2060 start at 400€

Best workstation under 120w load?
>Rendering x264 2160p60 video with 384k AAC using FFMPEG and Sony Vegas.
>Blender 3D Motion Tracking.
>Maybe... Maybe... Some GTA V, but I really could care less about games.

>it's vega ii,
>vii.
fycj man

Try at 1.35v
Or just return it, that's bottom of the barrel RAM.

How much of a meme is futureproofing?
If I want to game at 1080p for years to come without having to lower settings, is the extra cost of an RTX2060 justified over an rx580?

100% a meme, especially with new console gen on the horizon that will dictate PC performance because everything is lazy ports nowadays.
The only things you can sort of futureproof come with 10 year warranties, SSDs, PSUs etc.

that's a big room for just a farm

>alan watts on /pcbg/

Attached: 1492406343698.gif (300x262, 1.84M)

Help /pcbg/ I'm going autistic over cooling.

I have a crappy RX570 (armor) that gets just hot enough without overclocking. As in, target temperature of 75C and fans not being all that audible but still ramping up a little. A bit concerning considering it's winter and ambient temperature is quite cold. I can't even consider the option of increasing the power limit because at 50% the thing gets so disturbingly hot I'd rather not risk it.

Obviously there's a problem with airflow. I don't exactly know if it's necessarily the case fans (the CPU temps barely get over 50C under full load, so that isn't bad at least), I know the GPU cooler is just wrong at the very least.

I was told not to invest on an aftermarket cooler and still look for better options regarding case fans. Thing is I don't know if I should go for airflow or static pressure focused fans for case fans (there's no radiators and my tower cooler is a Cryorig H7). All I want is better temperatures. Any recommendations?

If you want 1080p 60fps you can either get a new serie xx60 every two years or a serie xx70 every 4 years. Longer is not wise.

I have the same card.
Start undervolting.
Amd put 1.15v for no good reason.
Mine does 1.4ghz 1.02v

depends on your case. I recommend just using good static pressure fans everywhere.
as you probably know, that cooler on your GPU is absolute garbage and you'd do well to replace it.
consider Arctic's accelero line since it's cheap and widely compatible.
don't go for a Morpheus 2 because the die on Polaris cards isn't tall enough for it to make good contact with its particular mounting hardware.
as a final note, anything under 85-90C should still be acceptable so don't obsess too much over it, assuming the noise itself doesn't bother you.

What about right at this very moment? Has the 1060/rx580 been around just a bit too long to give another 2 years of good settings at 1080p?

I started sourcing parts for my first ever pc and I have noticed that a lot of part names for example the 1080ti are made by different brands. msi, gigabyte etc. Is there a difference in quality between the brands? they are all esentially the same thing right? I noticed some come with 3 fans as opposed to 2, I see some with only one fan as well. Should I be getting the one with the most fans? Are there certain brands that build better mobos over gpus? As well as ssd brands? I notice some are significantly cheaper for the same part but a different brand. why is that?

Mine shits the bed under 1.10v, no lie. At least it has crashed on me without even attempting any overclocking. A thing I noticed is that as long as I fuck with any wattman settings (not just voltages) core clocks aren't maxed out. I leave everything at default and they get maxed out fine, it's weird. The model specifically is a non-mk2 RX570 with 8gb of micron memory, maybe that has something to do with it.

In this particular case there's some filter at the front (though it gets quite dusty anyways, it's a pretty pointless filter to be completely honest). My biggest issue is I can't look at specs for the fans, all I know is that temperatures improve quite a fair amount by opening the case and these fans look real cheap. I figured nowadays there are fans that have high pressure, high CFM, high everything so it wouldn't be much of an issue.

The reason why I was told aftermarket cooling was a bad idea is because apparently it would greatly affect temperatures for other components around. I know 75C is acceptable but for reference, if I put the card at +30% power limit the fans ramp up to a level where I can't honestly handle the noise. Leave the power limit alone and the little amount of overclocking I can do seems pointless. At this point I would be fine by default but I don't know how this shit will handle higher ambient temperatures come the following months.

No matter how well a case is cooled, you're always going to see a significant improvement by removing the side panel, that much is normal.
Based on what you just said, definitely go for a cheap aftermarket cooler. It won't affect case temperatures and if anything those will be cooler, because you'll have more surface to sink your GPU heat instead of forcing your current anemic cooler to disperse everything through high RPMs. That's literally the best thing you can do to improve temps, so consider that.

For GPUs, just go for something in the middle of the range, avoid the very cheapest or single fan models and don't bother spending an extra $100 for the 3 fan strix cards.
Best mobo brands vary depending on chipset, for example gigabyte do some of the best intel boards, yet they're the worst for AMD.
Samsung SSDs tend to be the best and have a 7-10 year warranty to back it up.

Noticing the pcpartpicker pcbg/saved/ has no intel
Can someone tell me just why the ryzen is the better choice?
Trying to help a friend build a PC but he's insisting on some intel that seems like poor value.

Attached: 1432291024911.jpg (604x539, 85K)

>it gets quite dusty anyways, it's a pretty pointless filter
That is literally the point of it, you should be cleaning it weekly at least. Without the filter, all that dust would be clogging up your GPU and CPU coolers making things much worse.

Bad value. Like the OP says, if you can't afford to spend over 350 on your CPU don't buy intel.

Aight, I'll probably grab a twin turbo II.

Sorry, I mean that the inside of the case gets rather dusty. The filter doesn't catch much of that dust.

Oh.
Do you have more exhaust fans than intakes?

>be me
>want to buy beast X470 motherboard
>look at all the top-end high-end offerings
>Intel NIC
>Intel NIC
>Intel NIC
>Intel NIC

why are there no Realtek NIC on high-end boards? I don't trust Intel with their humongous amounts of hardware security vulnerabilities in their processors. They probably have the same exploits in their ethernet port shit aswell.

Do internet NIC have software processes in the operating system running? (like wi-fi and bluetooth modules do?)

Attached: 1549090731396.jpg (497x357, 92K)

hmmm red dragon vega 56 now basically $500 australian on newegg, that's the cheapest I've ever seen a vega

Nope, 1 of each. I can unfortunately only use one of each, too. There isn't enough room for two intakes.

Ahh, with the PSU also acting as exhaust you probably have negative pressure in the case so you're going to have dust issues.

Hey pcbg, I'd like to build a pc sooner or later, but I'd like to know if there are, apart from Black Friday, some sales for components during the year or I just need to be alert and wait for some specific promotion.
Living in Italy, so I'm looking at EU market

Well, the PSU fan is facing down though (it has an opening for that at the bottom with another filter). I think it's the fact the frontal panel for the case still has a handle at the very bottom (which is presumably to take out the panel) through which air can still be pulled in without being filtered. Maybe that's the problem.

I tried to put little filters on each panel and vent my case was pulling air into, eventually I found dust getting in at corners and seams, I think it's one of those things you'll either chase forever or give up.

>just need to be alert and wait for some specific promotion.
Answered yourself.

try removing the sidepanel (or just move your system out of the case) to see how it performs then. Maybe it will be much improvement because fresh air 24/7 or maybe it won't be improvement (which then means that buying 500 dollars worth of Noctua fans won't do shit)

Athlon 240GE when? It was supposed to be out in December 2018