BlackBerry

YOUR THOUGHTS ON BLACKBERRY KEY2?
WHY IS IT $600?

Attached: Blackberry-Key2-24-1024x684.jpg (1024x684, 70K)

>WHY IS IT $600?
400 is the cost of the brand

WHY ARE YOU YELLING

I'd consider it if there was a BB10OS model

I mean at $400 it might be ok, but $600 you can get S10 Lite with SD855.

Before I buy one, I'm waiting for them to unlock the bootloader so I can install custom ROMs. Any day now.

Blackberry is not going to unlock the bootloader so you can stop waiting.

Any day now.

Don't buy an android blackberry.
Don't do it.

If you want a good blackberry get yourself a passport, great hardware, great screen, great keyboard, runs BB10 but is fully capable of emulating most android apps just without the google layer.

Nigger I'm on a passport and this thing is painful
Also all support will be dropped by the end of the year

Can't install a decent browser with decent adblocking
Blokada does not work
You cant play yt videos to smart tv
Not all apps work even if compatible with android 4
Don't know if whats up is usable coz i don't use it.

Posted from my z30

Firefox works

Because retards keep buying phones for too much. Was it really too hard to figure that out?

>blackberry brand
>worth anything in 2019

Attached: smug.jpg (236x236, 11K)

currently using a keyone and currently thinking that I won't buy another blackberry again.
also
>whatsapp not working
>Apps only from 3rd party apk-sites
>If apps start some have problems with keyboard-inputs/ onscreen-kb makes app unusuable
>not sure if gmaps still working, waze surely isnt
>Cobalt's stuff and sideloading apps is "inconvenient" at best
I'm currently using my wiped passport as remote for my Chinese vacuum spybot

>>Apps only from 3rd party apk-sites
I just use the Play Store
>>If apps start some have problems with keyboard-inputs/ onscreen-kb makes app unusuable
I've had some Android emulators not recognize the keyboard but I've never had to use an onscreen keyboard
>>not sure if gmaps still working, waze surely isnt
BlackBerry Maps works perfectly

I'm going to buy a Key2 soon, the battery of my Keyone hasn't been working well for a while, probably because of all the times I dropped the phone on the floor.
>why $600
I have a stable job and a regular income, so paying those money won't make me go bankrupt. Also I find paying $600 for a phone having a physical keyboard and a long battery life much more justifiable than paying $300 for the standard shit smartphone.

Blackberry Passport is obsolete right now.

>Blackberry Passport is obsolete

>Makes and receives calls and texts
>Access the internet
>Sideloads apps

Why is it obsolete? It works just as good as the day it was made.

Why can't anyone else make a phone with physical buttons? I don't want blackberry fruitiness, I want regular android that I can customize.

Samsung has the keyboard cover

give me one ONE reason to by this over a blackberry priv (used) for like $100.

>$600
Stopped reading right there

>makes and receives calls
True
>and texts
False, since most people use apps like Whatsapp and Telegram nowadays.
>access the internet
Stock browser doesn't work very well compared to most Android browsers.

QNX is a good OS, better than iOS, better than any Android, better than any shitty GNU/Linux distro or even Windows.

What happened? Not support from fucking anyone, the official Playbook OS 2.1/OS10 development team (from RIM) is no longer active, Whatsapp and other normie shit message platform is not longer on these OS. I blame these fucking greedy chinky leafs for putting these phones at prices higher than a fucking brand new iphone and still nobody buys their crap, these fucking leafs took the possibility of having a viable third mobile alternative to Android and iOS.
Yeah 5 years later you can find 64/128Gb Passport OS10 versions for less than 130$, but when the thing came out costing 700-800$ it did nothing against the iPhone 5s/6 which cost 500$ the same year.
Add to the bag of mistakes not having a single fucking marketing campaign.

t.owner of a Bold, Playbook, Z10, Z30, Q10 and Passport. Fuck you Canada.

Attached: 1539238153924.jpg (500x514, 27K)

Everyone knows this, but blackberry.

S10 lite has a screen defect /note9 user

Literally just buy a Librem 5

Why? Listen will be $600, and it will be even more overpriced for the hardware (implying if it was available).

>pay $1000 for new iphone/samsung/huawei/[insert other shitty overpriced name brand here]
>good
>pay $600 for new blackberry
>bad

Attached: 1z5i0z.jpg (330x414, 22K)

>Pay $1000+ for a phone with cutting edge specs
>Bad
Paying $600 for a phone with last year's mid range specs
>Bad
>Buying a phone with cutting edge specs and paying $500, or less
>I guess it's kind of okay now

>specs is all that matters

Attached: r1zr3jm86ba11.jpg (550x543, 83K)

It's what differentiates Android phones from each other, and determines how much a phone would sell for.
Blackberry is not apple, and apple gets away with being faggots by locking them in to the ecosystem.
Blackberry thinks slapping their brand-name on the phone makes last year's mid range hardware worth more.

>last year's mid range hardware
Only the average Android sheep-consumer that uses his/her phone as a portable gaming machine cares about this. People who care about productivity and communicating and want their phone to get things done prefer the long battery life, the durable build quality and the extremely accurate physical keyboard of a Blackberry.

>Only the average Android sheep-consumer that uses his/her phone as a portable gaming machine cares about this.
Only the dumbest of all NPC sheep would pay twice the price, and a year later for last year's mid range.

>crackbabies vs samshills
this is a good thread

Attached: MrW5mUX.gif (500x375, 495K)

Oy there goyims. I have a good phone for you, and you only have to pay twice the price of something that came out a year ago.
>good deal INTENSIFIES
Pffttt... Specs doesn't mean anything look at apple.
Come on you're not a samsheep are you, user?

>I have a stable job and a regular income, so I won’t go bankrupt.
t. BlackBerry, 2007

>People who care about productivity and communicating and want blackberries
Objectively false.
Source: blackberry going bankrupt

>it's ok to price a hpone 600$ even if does less that the bottom of the barrel androidshit because i have the money for it
it's because of faggots like you apple still exists

>it's ok to pay 600$ for the equivalent of years ago phone with literally no software for it

Did you actually read my comments? All in all you're still saying that the Key2 is shit simply because of its low specs while you're not considering its other features.

I've never heard of this phone before but why the fuck are 'tech youtubers' shilling against it so hard? I feel like if it was actually trash they wouldnt be using clickbait thumbnails

Attached: shills.png (1222x556, 552K)

All I’m saying is, that its “other feautures” are things that the market as a whole has abandoned as inferior, so they can’t justlfy a higher market price.

>still $500 on ebay
>meanwhile new LG flagships are around $400

Attached: 1539871162560.gif (480x270, 1.58M)

sorry, i was accidentally pressing on the physical keyboard too hard.

>Bl-ck-dBerry

Blackberry doesn't pay the same rate that Samsung does

>False, since most people use apps like Whatsapp and Telegram nowadays.
Regional complaint, SMS has been working and will continue to work as the de facto text communication in the US

I was under the impression that the US is controlled by imessage.

Only for people with iPhones, and it integrates SMS into the same application (that's where the whole green bubble thing that nobody really cares about came from). The IM market's really fragmented. Some people use iMessage, some use Kik, Snapchat's really big now, and around hear WhatsApp is unheard of. Everyone has SMS though so it's your best bet