CRI AWARENESS THREAD

If you use lightbulbs without any CRI number on it you most likely have something with under 80 or even 60 which is fucking piss light (and this is not about light temperature)

Attached: high-cri-led-strip-lighting.jpg (481x175, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_rendering_index
store.yujiintl.com/products/bc-series-a60-high-cri-remote-phosphor-led-bulb-unit-2-pcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if i wanted harsh realism i'd go outdoors. piss bulbs are more cosy.

well I'm not running a photography studio nor am I reading color paper maps, so cheap triphosphor fluoros are fine with me.

anything in standard base halogen or incandescent?
>inb4 CFL or LED

I still run incandescent bulbs because of that. Fuck that garbage.

I want to try high cri (like 98) without pwm in some room, can some1 recommend me one?

>if i wanted harsh realism i'd go outdoors. piss bulbs are more cosy.
That's exactly the post this thread was made for.

What you're talking about is light TEMPERATURE, not the color rendering index (~ light quality).
The higher the CRI the more natural things look. Sun and old style incandescent bulbs have a CRI 100 while the best LED lights get up to 97, good ones around 90 and the usual shit you find everywhere is usually under 80 and way lower.
Low CRI is also the reason why some people say they can't see shit correctly for some reason with LED lights even if it's a bright white light.
In your case what you want is a >90 CRI 4000k or 3500k bulb to get as close as possible to incandescent comfyness (or just get incandescents if they're still available where you live and have cheap electricity)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_rendering_index

Attached: 1472948066319.png (406x564, 189K)

low cri is a cfl and led problem. normal halogens and incandescents are 100

90 CRI is a good compromise target for LED bulbs. Tried them and I couldn't discern the difference unless I really focused. They're functionally the same day-to-day.

Thanks OP. Didn't know this was a thing.

store.yujiintl.com/products/bc-series-a60-high-cri-remote-phosphor-led-bulb-unit-2-pcs

>light bulbs with driver electronics
Botnet.

Attached: 87C97BB9-CA47-4EB8-89C1-5B62F6439075.png (768x1276, 713K)

>go to chaturbate
>see some fat tiddy qt but her skin is a bit green/yellowish
>decide to go full gran autismo for the shits and talk to her on the matter in her chat
>dozens of horny men swarm her with the usual show bob talk
>ask her what bulb she uses and that it's probably some shitty ass $1 LED
>she turns cam to the lamp and it is
>tell her that this shitty bulb completely unnecessarily ruins her looks in her camshow
>give her some links to read up on high cri led bulbs
>she's interested, starts to scroll through the pages in front of the cam
>bob and vageners become impatient, get more pushy, tip but she forgot her remote vibrator on the table and it's buzzing at the tips while she's busy clicking and scrolling through articles
>tfw whiteknight room mod bans you

>notice her channel a month later again
>really upped her game, seems like 3 point lighting, great colors and even added some deco LED light strips in the background

still impressed

Attached: 1538872455170.png (172x172, 51K)

You should have told her to find God.

Attached: 1444515786961.png (848x1219, 322K)

first high cri light and then when she's ready, the divine light.

Is there a place to find high CRI bulbs in Australia? Its hard enough as is because I've got e27 bayonet fittings. Most links i looked into were American but they will blow in our sockets.

I was interested in ketra lighting, but have no idea how to get them here. Has anybody looked into them?

Yuji bulbs are AC100-240V 50/60Hz

Kek'd.

must be a horror to buy things down there

Thank you. I checked them out a bit and they do international shipping with positive reviews. I couldn't find any bayonet styles though so I'll have to purchase a bayonet to edison screw adapter.

Yeah, it can be pretty bad. It's a shock when we get things that other countries don't. Because we're so far away, we pay heaps in shipping and on top of that as of last year our government now added another tax to all overseas purchases.

a man with a plan.

I use incandescent and never had this problem