You can control new GE stoves with your smartphone even when you're away from home. What could possibly go wrong?

You can control new GE stoves with your smartphone even when you're away from home. What could possibly go wrong?

Attached: ge-cafe-slide-in-front-control-induction-range.jpg (608x631, 92K)

I cook on gas stoves.

youre thinking too far ahead. you are assuming that there is in anyway some possible use case for this. what could you POSSIBLY need to do with a smart stove?

browse Jow Forums

>having internet connected home appliances
fucking why?
>like I even have to ask

Attached: Carl_upset.jpg (600x450, 41K)

it can tell you if you accidentally left it on

this happens because boomers want to be star trek talkin to the computers n shit

A stove should last 30 years minimum, with only maybe a thermocouple replacement or so.
You know none of that garbage is ever going to get proper firmware updates. Have fun letting others mine bitcoin or preform dos attacks from your hunk of shit. But on the bright side it's definitely not even going to last even 5 years before you need to drop another $2500 for a new one.

To make it easier for people to DOS websites.

>A stove should last 30 years minimum, with only maybe a thermocouple replacement or so
This. If you need your phone to tell you, you left the stove on, you deserve to have your house burned down.

>willingly owning an electric range

Preheat the oven before I return home.

Actually not stupid. Tho the preparation time needed for anything that needs to be cooked in a stove is enough to preheat the oven.

>A stove should last 30 years minimum

>friends dryer breaks down
>he tries to get another but he doesn't like the options
>he asks me to fix it
>i don't know. i've never looked at how one works, but i'll try.
>open it up and it's simple as fuck
>trace the power to the thermal fuse and it's not getting through
>bypass thermal fuse and it works perfectly
>order new $5 thermal fuse and it's fixed
After I fixed it I told him that this drier will outlive us both. After looking at the schematic for 30 minutes total I understand it completely and it turns out I can order any part for it. That drier has been sitting outside under an overhang for 40 years and has some rust on the outside. It's still running.

not before i install gentoo on it
if you leave a stove on accidentally you shouldn't own one
actual good use case, although limited

> if you leave a stove on accidentally you shouldn't own one
Sure, but what if your mouthbreather neighbor does own one anyways and burns not your houses down? Bet you'd wish he had a smart stove to do the thinking for him. Same concept with autonomous cars. You could be the best driver in the world, but all it takes is for Stacy to fuck around on her phone to undo all that, and no amount of "she shouldn't be on her phone while driving!" Is going to change that

Meant for

>go to work
>leave soup in covered saucepan on stove in morning
>lunch time
>use MyStove app to turn stove on medium
>drive home
>delicious hot soup

>neighbor burns his house down
>the fire magically travels half a mile to my house
Oh ok

>the argument doesn't apply to my particular situation so it's irrelevant and no individual would find it useful
Oh ok

I will hack your soup everything on max, so there will be no soup when you get back home

my shitass electric oven only takes like 5 minutes or so to heat up, how long could it really take for an actual top of the line "smart oven" by GE?

brb flashing new firmware to your gas stove so that it starts releasing gas without igniting it in the middle of the night for an hour then activate igniter

ill take a crockpot one please

They don't built them like they used to.

>technology board
>hates technology

Attached: 1307559619452.jpg (544x400, 20K)

Kill somebody by burning their house down from the comfort of your basement command center?

>$2500
Try $8000

Enclose it in a Faraday cage

What are you cooking that requires you to preheat for more than 5 minutes?

>consumerist retard can't tell between good and shit technology