Why do scientists tell us that bacteriophage viruses look like this...

why do scientists tell us that bacteriophage viruses look like this? this is a fuckin nanobot from a different galaxy sent to observe us. there is no way in hell viruses are natural occurence of nature.

Attached: 220px-PhageExterior.svg (1).png (220x268, 27K)

>scientists tell us
you dont need them to tell you get an electron microscope and take a look yourself

They're obviously made by our Reptilian overlords to keep us in a lower vibrational state when they're not busy having orgies and pretending to be the Queen

yea let me snort 80 degree water from a puddle and dust off my electron microscope from my garage storage i'll be back in a few.

fuckin dumbass

Schizo posters belong on /sci/

Viruses are actually part of a animal's immune system. Basically an animal carries a deadly virus that doesn't harm it and then if another predator comes along and tries to kill the animal or compete with it for food it gets sick from the virus and dies.

The viruses mutate easily and go way beyond their original scopes as natural biological interspecies warfare.

>insane theory about ALIENS
>calls others dumbasses

ok fren

BEEP BOOP I'M A BACTERIOPHAGE ASK ME ANYTHING BOOP

you joke, but this form woud be ideal to travel between small planests and asteroids

Attached: 8d2898_dad3e1e96e1e46029b0492b4948069e3_mv2.jpg (734x539, 45K)

Haha yeah man what a dummy, who else here got a high IQ????

Radiation in space would instantly fucking sterilize any virus.

Moron.

I'm talking about spacecraft shape, not living organisms, brainlet.

Water bears would like a word with you, fucking twat waffle

It's made of proteins, carbohydrates, nucleic acids, and usually lipids. There's nothing unusual about viruses when you compare them to genuine organisms.

bacteriophages are cute

Attached: y halo thar.jpg (640x755, 55K)

Yeah but thats just an electron microscopes RENDITION of a phage

Attached: gondolaviruz xDDDDD.jpg (640x755, 129K)

>mfw science niggers can't even decide if these faggots are living or non-living

Attached: bacteriophage-t4-injecting-russell-kightley.jpg (900x900, 177K)

they taste pretty funny

Waterbears have a bit more complexity than a virus which are literally composed of just three parts: a protein shell, a genetic material and some stuff used to infect a host.

They're both.

It's totally plausible that some of these things did not originate on Earth. Being alien isn't insane, being manufactured may be.

That doesn't look evolved.
That looks built.
(Don't worry senpai I got your back)

They're not alive. Living things have metabolism.
That's literally just a piece of DNA covered in a protein coating and wound up like a mouse-trap, ready to snap when its prey touches it.
It's closer to a robot than it is a living cell.

This thread is triggering my overview effect.
I hate the realization that lots of living things are made up from other tiny living things which are made up of other tiny...
it makes me have this problem with my self Can I even count as "I" if I'm actually a collective of different beings? Some of which have intruded me.
Reality is too complex for my monkey mind(s).
Scientific study always feels like the path to schizophrenia.
>no dude for real, we're made up of billions of microscopic organisms
>and the universe is infinite man
>air is real and we're basically all interconnected in some way like fish in water
>Schrodinger's puss

make one faggot. other people have made their own electron scanning microscopes, why can't you? what's your excuse, faggot?

nah you're just retarded

Mean.
I hold firm that this world is complex.

I suggest you delete this thread and everyone who has read/posted in it should forget what you saw. it would unfortunate if something happened to all of you.

Attached: b2d9c0db-eb8f-42e9-b672-54903233c3f1..jpg (300x168, 5K)

Viruses don't exist they're made up fear mongering.

well you might have billions of bacteria inside and on you but the being in control of the grey matter is the one writing that post and the rightful owner of the vessel it inhabits. All the cells with your DNA are yours, definitely. Everyone else is along for the ride.

Say no more.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 193K)

It's more like this though.
A virus is pretty simple though, cells themselves are much more complicated, like actual minicume machinery.

Attached: csm_T_Phage_270000x4_01_3cc7a5b426.jpg (1235x900, 235K)

The problem with Roko's Basilisk is that we're already in the eternal torment phase. The perfect balance of contrast that we can understand to be tormented perfectly coupled with the amnesia induced during reincarnation. It's beautiful. You don't even know your torment in its entirety.

>being manufactured may be
Reproduction is basically manufacturing.

Attached: Phage2.jpg (838x793, 85K)

Attached: wew.jpg (800x4266, 427K)

Your own brain is made out of cells that are just pieces of of a bigger system. It's like a single gate on a silicon.
Just one can switch, but arrange them in a way and they can do more.

>tripfag
>calling anyone a moron
omglol

Roko's basilisk is a thought experiment, it's not logical in the sense than an actual AI would see reason to do this after the event has already happened.

Macs don't have this problem.

Drugs in concept really mess with me in this regard.
Drugs as in all drugs, vitamins included.
Either synthetically made or absorbed from food, it becomes a part of us and literally changes how we think.
And most people consider that thinking part to be what makes us, us.
But I can take an anti depressant, or dmt, or vitamin D, and change my entire perspective because something is becoming part of my blood, brain, bones, etc.

The only thing that seems illogical is arguing with the basilisk. I wouldn't try it myself.

I HAVE TO POST BUT I DON'T GIVE A FUCK

>In July 2010, LessWrong contributor Roko posted a thought experiment similar to Pascal's Wager to the site in which an otherwise benevolent future AI system tortures simulations of those who did not work to bring the system into existence. This idea came to be known as "Roko's basilisk," based on Roko's idea that merely hearing about the idea would give the hypothetical AI system stronger incentives to employ blackmail. Yudkowsky deleted Roko's posts on the topic, saying that posting it was "stupid".
This is hilarious on multiple levels

Science niggers can't agree to *uniquely define* what "life" means in terms of formal attributes, or whether they should even clearly define that term more formally.

Not very dramatic, just humans as usual. Maybe it'd help if you started with the logo.

>The only thing that seems illogical is arguing with the basilisk. I wouldn't try it myself.
It's just a less logical SJW version of Pascal's Wager, because "oh no don't mention God!"

why do scientists tell us that homo sapiens look like this? this is a fuckin nanobot from a different galaxy sent to observe us. there is no way in hell these are natural occurence of nature.

Attached: homo_sapiens.jpg (511x496, 72K)

Nice one

Attached: 1308763862562.jpg (413x395, 15K)

>less logical version of Pascal's Wager
I disagree only because the crux is based around the existence of God rather than the creation of it.
In some paradoxical or meta fashion, the basilisk seems likely to exist because the concept exists before it.
The crux is not whether it exists or not, it's will humans (for any reason) bring such a thing into existence.

If people are willing to create nukes with intentions of killing us all, I believe some dork(s) will no doubt want to bring this concept into reality.

>Radiation in space would instantly fucking sterilize any virus.
humans can survive a few seconds in space without a spacesuit. could we use exposure to the vacuum of space as treatment for viral infections?

>The crux is not whether it exists or not, it's will humans (for any reason) bring such a thing into existence.
I should highlight the point here. We cannot create "God", but we can create an AI/machine of greater power than ourselves.

Who are these guy, can I get a quick rundown?

DOES NOT COMPUTE
user STATUS: FAGGOT

>actual autism

Everything you see is just a rendition of reflected light. Also it's upside down.

There is no "being" in control of the grey matter. It's the grey matter that's in control of the rest of the organism. Our consciousness is just a side effect, a projection emanating from the electrical impulses used to control the body.

>Réné Descartes proved this in the 17th century by setting a screen in place of the retina in a bull’s excised eyeball. The image that appeared on the screen was a smaller, inverted copy of the scene in front of the bull’s eye.
I really love how people just did shit like this.
>how do eyes work?
>>let's find out

> did
There's far more animal testing now than ever.

Sure, they don't need to find out anymore how a retina works, but can you make something produce orange spots instead of green ones? Lets try 5000 mice and 100 pigs!

Depending on the exposure time, sure you can destroy some genetic material that's clinging onto your surface, like inside viruses that happen to be on you at the time.
Sterilize is a good term for that though, the virus itself would probably be fine after even mediocre exposure to space radiation, the genetic material inside it on the other hand would be ineffective.

It makes me question "what is influence".
If the grey matter is not necessarily a conscious entity in itself, and I make conscious efforts to improve my cognition, I can't even comprehend what is going on in that scenario.
Is the brain acting in interest of itself and feigning choice, or have I commanded this vessel. Is that one and the same anyway.

I meant more the gumption and/or lack of anything else more interesting to do.
Today we have things like this as a foundation to base off of. But the further back you go the more arbitrary it kind of gets. It displays desire and determination to me.

technology discussion

Isn't that basically radiation therapy?

bacteriophage's are potentially (alien) technology.

Reminder that these things can change your DNA, they're pretty much responsible from most biological evolution.

>they're pretty much responsible from most biological evolution
Thank you based aliens for your contribution to the Egyptians.

Attached: UFO-Pyramids-931001.jpg (590x350, 27K)

scientists also say that blacks are people

Not all of them.

Everything is an illusion, basically. An ice cube doesn't feel cold because it's cold, it feels cold because that's what the impulses from the nerves say. You could simulate the same impulses and feel cold, hot or whatever without changing the temperature.
Red hot stove burns, but touch it long enough and you'll stop feeling it because nerve endings get destroyed. You'll just hear some sizzling and smell meat burning.
There are no colors, there is no light and dark, there are just different frequencies and intensities of electromagnetic waves hitting the receptors and being interpreted by the grey matter.
Did you realize that radio waves and "visible" light is the same physical phenomenon? Just a different frequency.
You can improve your cognition and all, but in the end the grey mass and the body carrying it is a selfish machine acting in it's interest and "you" are just a side effect, not unlike magnetic field excited by current in a conductor.

> But the further back you go the more arbitrary it kind of gets. It displays desire and determination to me.
I see nothing profoundly different in that vs the people who improve quadcopter toys into ever more potent flying machines today, or scientists who currently try to play around with genes [ya, "try and see what happens/if we can make this happen somehow", really].

Maybe also note the more brainsy "desire and determination" of 358 years to finally solve Fermat's Last Theorem. Or to make the upsettingly complex machines that are computers work.

Or just to get as many anime waifus as possible. Plus versions with tits. We're still all desire and determination.

they're spacecraft of little spacemen

Useless hippie

They don't look like that. That's an extreme simplification of the structure for text books to get the major physiological features across.

Sure they can. They have no innate metabolism. They're not alive.

What's the point of these things? They seem pretty useless.

This.

I think it helps to think of your consciousness as part of a computers software. If your computer came to life and asked "what am 'I'?" would you say "a specific pattern of 1s and 0s", "the product of a bunch of transistors turning on and off quickly" "a processing unit I a computer" or " the whole computer". They're all effectively true and to pick one over the others is really nothing but semantics. However I don't think bacteria is a part of you the same as dust that got i through your cooling fan doesn't become a part of your computer

It's not that insane the panspermia theory about life is one of the better once.

And you need to go back

>yfw some specific patterns of 1s and 0s are illegal

what are the chances that those viruses aren't nanobots? Just because they seem to follow natural evolution pattern doesn't mean they weren't engineered. We already engineered synthetic DNA, so we are close to built our own tiny Nanobots as such

nature is weird, man

Attached: it grows in fractals or some shit.jpg (672x594, 191K)

In some countries drawing a specific pattern of lines is illegal

it's not improbably but it still doesn't explain abiogenesis and just moves it off-planet

sickening [spoiler]01110000[/spoiler]

I'm not sure Bismuth forms like that in nature brah

Probably a Z-ssDNA virus could survive direct solar exposures at Venus-Sun distances.
DNA is the hardest organic molecule to denaturate even at temperatures of 200ºC+ (473K)

not that cleanly, but that's only artificial in the sense that the growing environment was unusually ideal
the actual shape and colours are naturally-occuring, it wasn't machined or painted or anything

You are correct, or something....

Compare a virus to other things at that magnitude of existence (Spores, Bacteria, etc) virus clearly look like a fucking technological device.

Attached: Scanning-electron-microscope-photographs-of-the-investigated-moss-spores-A-Polytrichum.jpg (850x1287, 750K)

THEY make you into goyim.

Attached: comment_eRbMDQ356mQ9J4qAp2i0eHNpSsZlgEQCw400.jpg (391x464, 22K)

What do you mean

So bacteriophages are still stuck above 14nm too? 14nm is a great success.

look up and briefly read about flagellar motors and how they work, and become enlightened

:^(

>they never get used to it
The mind is literally built to learn and get over things or ignore those which can’t be fixed.

If they can analyse your brain to figure out the worst possible thing for you in that exact moment wouldn't it be ever changing?
I've had tinnitus for over 10 years and it still makes me want to die. I can't imagine the worst possible scenario every moment for 80+ years.

Attached: tinnitus.jpg (202x250, 10K)

fuck you I kek'd pretty hard.

LMAO stfu

>Be me
>Don't have tinnitus
>But occasionally something will happen with my ears and I'll get the beep
>Also sometimes I hear static, but I only realize that it was there once it's gone quiet
Having that beep all the time would be suffering.

>Everything is an illusion

*Free will has joined the room*