AV1 will replace H.265

>AV1 will replace H.265

Attached: npclet.png (882x1025, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y-fOzbVRgX8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AV1+Opus is the future MPEG-LA kike.

Fuck off with your meme formats, retard.

>Fuck off with your meme formats
I bet you don't even watch anime, failed normalnigger.

You definitely don’t. Otherwise you would know that AVC encoded VODs and network broadcasts are not going anywhere. There are also Blu-rays, lol.

Of course people won't stop making AVC content, and of course its still used on a dated physical format. Nobody said it wouldn't.

It’ll be obsolete by the time they finalize the spec.

we'll see if we get nvenc av1, dead in the water otherwise

Mpeg will never die

maybe, in due time, but that requires a stable spec and fast hardware encoders
right now, h.265 doesnt even replace h.264 (and no your anime rips were not done on a camera encoder)

protip, we will replace you, incel

Attached: the-real-victims-of-oppression-flatula-found-out-theyre-letting-24942741.png (500x522, 158K)

Who uses H.265 anyway?

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

4K streaming
Ultra HD Blu-ray

H265 is shit

Feels fucking great knowing that you'll suicide in 5 years, mentally ill discord tranny.

Attached: 1545381898255.jpg (1000x850, 108K)

>that image quality
Why do niggers do this?

Everyone will keep using h264 for the next few centuries.

>h265
>av1
I'm not gonna buy gaymer hardware just so I could watch something
h264 is enough and still widely used

>h.264 will replace MPEG2

Attached: 1541235722756.png (633x729, 76K)

Jow Forumstards don't care about most things since they are conservatives and low in openness.
This means that the Jow Forumstard will try to change ongoing discussions into something he cares about, which is Jow Forums related garbage.
Some examples for derailment of threads:

>I hate [black people|women|LGBT|jews|anyone else who isn't normal], they are the bad ones!
>The (((jews))) are behind this!
>[discussed issue] is proof that the world is degenerating! Everything was better back then(because I forgot all the bad shit)!
>Most people are barely aware of what's actualy going on, the exception are me and my buddies on Jow Forums!

Examples itt:
As always, you should report racism when you see it to get rid of this cancer.

For a tech board this place sure is populated by change hating neckbeards.

>all change good
>install windows 10
t. shit for brains

Nice strawman, brainlet-kun.

Possibly the most brainlet post I've seen in a long time, new codecs will let us create more efficient releases but won't magically increase the quality of the source material.

Cope

>efficient releases
Fuck poorfags. Get a non-shit internet or leave.

AVq is already available in the YouTube beta program. Intel started working on an open source high-performance AV1 encoder.

Efficiency =/= low quality
If AV1 allows transparency at a 20-30% lower bitrate then of course it will be used.

AV1 compression efficiency is twice better than x264.

>4K streaming
>Ultra HD Blu-ray
So, no one and nothing then?

Not everyones is as poor as you.

AV1, AVI

Think about it.

There is not much to replace really.

In general or only for low bitrate encodes? The same claims were made about HEVC and we know how that turned out.

youtube.com/watch?v=y-fOzbVRgX8