The Cyberpunk Manifesto project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

"What is cyberpunk?" pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

Cyberpunk directory (Communities, Media, Readings) pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH
Cyberpunk resources (Miscellaneous) pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

/cyb/ ftp: ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

/sec/urity:
The Hacker Manifesto: phrack.org/issues/7/3.html
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

"Why privacy matters" youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk
"Shit just got real" pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

Cybersecurity basics and armory pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX
Endware endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html
BBS archives textfiles.com/index.html
Various guides to get started github.com/mayfrost/guides/

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0) mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw

Thread Archive: archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

IRC:
Guide github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md
Join irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
SSL Required:
#Jow Forumspunk
#Jow Forumssec
#nfo

Schway SSH Textboard: [email protected] (port 22)

Attached: notcyberpunkbutidontcare.png (500x500, 443K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2019/02/01/familytreedna_fbi_link/
youtu.be/WCbGwxYiWug
archive.org/details/cyberpunkeducator
youtu.be/hRwU9zJcT60?t=3130
bbc.com/news/technology-47088224
thatoneprivacysite.net/email-comparison-chart/
youtube.com/watch?v=6IxqSgHZFvg
bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-04/huawei-sting-offers-rare-glimpse-of-u-s-targeting-chinese-giant?srnd=premium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good start and OP image.

Old template?

Whoops. Let's just all pretend we can't see that. Proofreading, it helps sometimes.

Could be worse. At one time we had[Embed][Embed] growing by one every round.

Anyways, a link to last thread is also handy:

=== /sec/ /cyb/ News:
>I'm a crime-fighter, says FamilyTreeDNA boss after being caught giving folks' DNA data to FBI
theregister.co.uk/2019/02/01/familytreedna_fbi_link/
>And so, by crowd sourcing, what Greenspan means is that he has reached an agreement with the FBI to allow the agency to create new profiles on his system using DNA collected from, say, corpses, crime scenes, and suspects. These can then be compared with genetic profiles in the company's database to locate and track down relatives of suspects and victims, if not the suspects and victims themselves.

Given that DNA is your blueprint the implications are enormous. Just don't expect everyone to understand. For instance now they expect to be able to derive the physical appearance of a person just by the DNA alone.

Anyone have any resources on cyberpunk-themed web design, colours etc? Apart from #00FF00 and #FF00FF

How /cyb/ is using bitwage to convert my paycheck into btc and then using bitpay card to pay for everything

>Anyone have any resources on cyberpunk-themed web design, colours etc?
I searched for that for use with the FAQ but had no luck other than massive cliches.

>Apart from #00FF00 and #FF00FF
Yes, those are the cliches. How about plain black and white with Courier font?

Tsuki project. Or just text files, really. I don't think the old cybers used anything more than txts to spread documents and manifestos.
Styling a blank page with monospace and ascii art is the patrician way.
Also take any cyb themed pic, use a color picker and steal the color combo you like the most.

Has any one watched / been watching Person Of Interest? I just started it because I thought it was a police procedural and I was bored flicking through Amazon Prime. It's a great show with a lot of references and nudges to known government surveillance even prior to the Snowden leaks with a heavy lean towards the intellectual and philosophical questions of AI.

my friend said that was good

>Styling a blank page with monospace and ascii art is the patrician way.
I agree with this. Information density trumps garish colours any day. At Tsukiu Project the style is detrimental to the contents. Also Neon Dystopia is too heavy on the neon #FF00FF.

As for ASCII art, is plenty good.

it's a shame I never got to finish this.
oh well, maybe one day. It's just parked, not abandoned.

Attached: cyboard.png (1043x714, 44K)

I am curious, what was it meant to be?

Yes. Great show about G-d Deus Pater and Yeshua Christos debating the pros and cons of panopticon surveillance while bashing thugs and evading PD.

Should be added to the /cyb/ movie .jpg

A simple light textboard that is accessible via browser (lynx friendly, no javascript) or ssh. Original plan included bitmessage and Zeronet integration. ZN was dropped because too much javascript, I wanted to keep it clean. Didn't work much on BM part yet, besides playing with its APIs, but I still plan to integrate with it. Probably not full support, but at least make it possible to post messages with that.
Retro look and simplicity merging old technology and new technology, that's what it was meant to be.

Have you considered the knowledge management tool we discussed last thread?

>knowledge management tool
Actually I did and I have some idea on how to write it.
But it would be reliant on javascript (which I despise) and xss, something that people would surely frown upon. But it's actually the only way I could technically do it, or think of (as of now).
Operating on archived version of page would be somehow safer, but will bring in the limits of an archived page.
And again you would have to trust some user's code behind it. Let's say I even make it open source, it will be still running on MY server, and I could change the code anytime.
I have a vision for it, but for everyone else would be a matter of trust. Which is, in this day and age, not viable in my opinion.
Despite that, this kind of tool would be very useful.

Attached: cybbs.jpg (637x764, 298K)

Who else here studied computer security and then actually calmed down a bit and started trusting the botnets more?

I feel like understanding some of how the sausage is made coupled with having a realistic threat model has made me a bit calmer than I was before.

>started trusting the botnets
When you realize that YOU are not a target, EVERYONE is, that's when I calm down my paranoia a bit. But that doesn't make me want to be part of the botnet.
Instead I go the long road to free my data from corporate ownage, and if this means giving up popular social network services, that's not a loss at all. Even when the service is meant to be "private" (like whatsapp or cloud storage) I can achieve the same running my own service on my own box. Besides, I already pay for internet service, I might as well use it at the full of its possibilities.

bumping

Attached: 1547612873371.png (2500x1486, 1.72M)

Looking to get into Cyber. B.S in Math and interest in cryptography (but doubt that means much). Is Net+ and Sec+ a good starting point? I want to get some sort of entry level job..

>Actually I did and I have some idea on how to write it.
This will be interesting. I have made some architectural sketches but see a lot of problems.
>But it would be reliant on javascript (which I despise)
These days JS is hard to avoid, thankfully the security issues are getting closed, other than in the libraries of course.
>and xss, something that people would surely frown upon.
My thought too.
>But it's actually the only way I could technically do it, or think of (as of now).
Also what I thought. And this is a huge security issue. The alternative, copying the contents file in, is likely to be defeated with DMCA requests.

>Operating on archived version of page would be somehow safer, but will bring in the limits of an archived page.
It is easy to see such a tool used to circumvent heavy handed moderation in the media and also blow up Wikipedia, so we are already heading for controversy. Copying the entire source page is also attractive to counter retroactive editing which does not help the controversy level.

>And again you would have to trust some user's code behind it. Let's say I even make it open source, it will be still running on MY server, and I could change the code anytime.
Some tools use a local script, like Greasemonkey.

>I have a vision for it, but for everyone else would be a matter of trust. Which is, in this day and age, not viable in my opinion.
The cliche is of course to protect this vie IPFS and blockchain for trust.

>Despite that, this kind of tool would be very useful.
Agreed.

Attached: Tron.jpg (3948x1841, 635K)

>cryptography
That is a very different kettle of fish from security. In the US one of the largest employers of mathematicians is NSA. They are huge so they are always recruiting just to compensate for everyone retiring. Assuming 30000 employees and people staying there for 30 years it means they need 1000 recruits every year.

CRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNGE !!!!!
oh seriously I am sitting here just cringing for you
my body is actually convulsing, my fingers are rigid as I stare at your post, hoping this is some kind of troll post or a post by some 14 year old who needs to do some growing up. I have this horrible cringed out feeling though that its someone who loves to tell everyone how much of a 1337 h4x0r they are and how they are part of anonymous and how they have Jow Forums eating out of their hand
OHHH CRIIIIINNNNNGE !!!!

Attached: 1549035820400.jpg (1068x1076, 216K)

Tried. Got rejected. So security is the next best fit in my mind. Unless writing crypto software is a thing?

cringe

cyberpunk = hacker Larping

>rejected
How? Caught smoking pot?

You might try military electronic warfare.

Attached: Papillon_Kotetsu.jpg (1470x870, 393K)

Are you new here on Jow Forums??

Attached: cybersuits_english_70.jpg (1120x1714, 271K)

Attached: 1547020535121.jpg (706x1080, 77K)

=== /sec/ News:
"Where is my jet pack !?" is a well known phrase. Flying cars and holiday homes on Mars was also more or less promised. With EHang we can at least get flying cars, of sorts:
youtu.be/WCbGwxYiWug
And that is rather revealing, The EHang is presented as an autonomous drone. In reality is is controlled from what they admit is a Command and Control Center", remotely.

Well, what could possibly go wrong??

I received a mysterious .dta file from a sketchy coworker at my previous job last year. It's obviously from his "side gig". He was offering me a ludicrous amount of money if I could extract the data from it, but he wouldn't tell me where exactly his contact got it from.

I opened the file in a text editor and noticed it had strings containing peoples' personal info and names of magazines. This is confirmed when I used the "strings" command which seemed to show call center type logs for magazine subscriptions at the end. I'm guessing it's subscription info. I've since left the company due to some serious issues and rediscovered the file today in my USB drive.

I tried analyzing the file with TrID and it says it is 100% a VXD (Virtual Driver) file, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense since the file itself is known to be a database and is dated to 2017. I also used binwalk to analyze it and it came up with descriptions of:
>LANCOM EOM file
>LZMA compressed data
>Uncompressed Adobe Flash SWF file, Version 67

I extracted the LZMA and SWF sections, also with binwalk, but neither of the file types were valid, as in they did not extract or play in programs designed for their types.

Are there any other file type analysis programs I can use? Better yet, does anyone know of a database system that uses .dta files? I've already tried all the obvious ones (MySQL, SQLite, mongoDB, SATA, and others) and they were unable to open it.

Attached: 1549187730857.png (1065x182, 34K)

based show, story will start getting interesting after first half of s1. S3 has a spectacular ending.
shame that s5 was kinda rushed

>thankfully the security issues are getting closed, other than in the libraries of course.
ofc security is my first concern, but I'm also thinking about the bloatness of it. Modern web is already littered with js everywhere, making it harder and harder to keep a few tabs open even with 4gb ram (I've got 8 and still struggling anyway..)

>The alternative, copying the contents file in, is likely to be defeated with DMCA requests.
This was also a concern, but copying only raw content would break the 'experience' of the real page, so I did not even consider it viable. My integration scheme is seamless and won't break original page structure, only expand it.

>we are already heading for controversy.
I know, I originally thought this system for another purpose. And in fact, triggering censorship and moderators only makes my penis harder.

>Some tools use a local script
thought about this, but at some point you'll be forced to load external resources and data anyway, and I don't want this to be a normal extension/plugin, as I don't want it to be always running. You're loading this just on site you want.

>The cliche is of course to protect this vie IPFS and blockchain for trust.
that's a good idea. It would force users to manually update for better security, but it's a price I would pay, as I'd be guaranteed no tampering occurred.
I'll have to think about it, because there is no direct integration of browserblockchain unless you run your own local server and a node. Using external services would expose to the same risks as not using it. But probably something could be done with script signatures/hash check before running code in your browser.
That would be viable solution anyway.

Attached: 1547021729271.gif (400x188, 490K)

bumping with stuff from new pasta

/cyb/ Movies:
>The Machine (2013)
>Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
>The Matrix (1999)
>Chappie (2015)
>Elysium (2013)
>Virtuosity (1995)
>The Lawnmower Man (1992)
>Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace (1996)
>The Terminator (1984)
>Blade Runner (1982)
>TRON (1982)
>TRON: Legacy (2010)
>Escape from New York (1981)
>Escape from L.A. (1996)
>Rollerball (2002)
>RoboCop (1987)
>Nirvana (1997)
>Transcendence (2014)

/sec/ Movies:
>Sneakers (1992)
>The Net (1995)
>Takedown (2000)
>The Fifth Estate (2013)
>Blackhat (2015)
>Enemy of the State (1998)
>Hackers (1995)
>WarGames (1983)
>WarGames: The Dead Code (2008)
>Swordfish (2001)

Jow Forums Movies:
>Disconnect (2012)
>Antitrust (2001)
>Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999)
>Office Space (1999)
>Her (2013)

/cyb/ Documentaries:
>The Cyberpunk Educator archive.org/details/cyberpunkeducator
>The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz (2014)
>RiP: A Remix Manifesto (2009)
>TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay Away from Keyboard (2013)
>The Net - The Unabomber, LSD and the Internet (2003)

/sec/ Documentaries:
>Hackers: Wizards of the Electronic Age (1984)
>Hackers Wanted aka Can You Hack It ( (2009)
>New York City Hackers (2000)
>We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks (2013)
>Citizenfour (2014)
>Terms and Conditions May Apply (2013)
>All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace (2011)
>Snowden (2016)
>Zero Days (2016)

Jow Forums Documentaries:
>The Code (2001)
>Revolution OS (2001)
>BBS: The Documentary (2005)
>Get Lamp (2010)
>From Bedrooms to Billions (2014)

Series:
>Dark Angel (2000)
>Person of Interest (2011)
>The Expanse (2015)
>Mr. Robot (2015)

Songs:
>Robyn - Fembot
>Styx - Mr. Roboto
>The Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star
>Daft Punk - Technologic

please be a meme

This is really interesting stuff, I'd love to hear more about it. I have to leave but I'll return in 10 hours or so.
>I know, I originally thought this system for another purpose. And in fact, triggering censorship and moderators only makes my penis harder.
We are heading then for the new Diamond age...

It is only fitting then to post a Japanese latex Cybergoth image.

Attached: 1544150125894.jpg (1364x2048, 276K)

Hey guys retard question but I have a script that extracts passwords from a target machine what's the best way to get the passwords back to me without giving away my credentials. I thought about FTP and email but both of those would require me to hard-code credentials in some.

Have your script open a port and listen for connections, then connect to it yourself via ssh.

>I'd love to hear more about it.
I'm here pretty often, so we'll surely share more ideas again. I got plenty of them, just little time to code.

Future might look dark sometimes, but the more they push us down with their bullshit, the harder people will rise up to fight.

>the best way to get the passwords back
Just use http protocol. Like:
>get free hosting with php support
>set up a script that log requests
>gib uncanny name, like "ad.php", don't call it "hack,php"
>either use GET and append base64(encrypt(data)) to the request or use POST. GET is fine, it will look like it's some gibberish adverstising data, use POST if data is too long
>the encrypt function can be anything from xor to custom function, depending on how your original script works

simple, works every time, bypasses almost every firewall and almost never trigger AVs.
This information is just for educational purpose, dont be evil.

Attached: 1547022449172.gif (478x650, 25K)

do any of you actually work in security or are you all just larpers obsessing over le epic aesthetic purple images

Thanks bros I'm gonna try both of these out.

/cri/ + /nge/ - Cringe thread

>cyberpunk
Am i the only one that cringes at this?

>I have no butt, and I must fart
All these decades, and I finally get to say it. Feels gud.

It was cringy once.

Not these days.

Furfags made everything ok in comparison.

samefagging is pretty cringy

>ACK
try some packet analyzer, looks like a corrupted packet

Attached: 1520580703870.jpg (226x223, 13K)

>52:10
>That spoopy feel when 90's cyberpunk documentary predicted VRChat

youtu.be/hRwU9zJcT60?t=3130

Attached: 1472250478075.png (599x689, 776K)

Probably hackerman being unhappy.

it's been obvious since VR was ever an idea that that was what's going to be done with it,

As an example of what happens when media loses control of reputation:
=== /cub/ News:
>Mail Online web browser warning reversed
bbc.com/news/technology-47088224
>A web browser warning that said the Daily Mail's website failed to maintain "basic standards of accuracy or accountability" has been changed.
They wouldn't like that, would they?
>The newspaper had complained that the NewsGuard plug-in gave its Mail Online website a negative review.
Yet no admissions of own faults.
>NewsGuard now gives Mail Online a positive green shield after discussions with a Daily Mail executive.
Pressure, anyone? Yet:
>But the company said Mail Online still failed to gather and present information responsibly.

Make such a tool completely outside the control of media, and things will get ugly. Just like in the early days of the Internet, when media pained it with a broad brush as the home of rampaging paedophiles.

he can be as buttmad as he wants, i'm still thankful for him bumping the thread

Half his replies are bumps, probably his own via VPNs. No wonder he is mad.

>Pressure, anyone?
disgusting. But for some reason I'm totally not surprised.

>Just like in the early days of the Internet, when media pained it with a broad brush as the home of rampaging paedophiles.
>feels.jpeg

Attached: pepperidge oldfag farm.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Attached: 1547028517343.png (700x943, 26K)

whaddup madaras

So i wanna become safer using the web, what it the best email sevice, do you guys pay? Id prefer if it would be free. Just really wanna know what Jow Forums uses

Selfhosted.

But if you really want to depend on someone else, then Posteo.
thatoneprivacysite.net/email-comparison-chart/
Select "all" on the entries droplist.
Don't fail for protonmail shills.

fall*

Thats funny you mention protonmail, i found a list of top rated secure emails and they were #1 on the list so i was thinking about using it. Ill look into the link you gave me, thank you dont normally like to be spoon fed, appreciate it

Their PR team is bigger than the technical one for sure.
Personally I use tutanota because I only talk with friends about weebshit and non-threatening stuff, and maybe with a recruiter. Other than that I use russian email providers for normie websites like spotify, or edx.
If were to get involved in more shady shit (not necessarily illegal) I'd consider a paid service, and another whole different lifestyle.
Don't worry about being spoonfed, I just hope I gave you something legit/useful.

Anytime.

I am not him. Can't you tell I don't have the same breathless style? He has not been seen in these parts for months. Instead he is active on Twitter and Patreon.

My apologies. I caught a glimpse of his twitter, kinda sad.

I'm having difficulties finding solid information about hardware vulnerabilities in HDDs. Is there a reasonable compilation of relevant information regarding hardware issues that aren't just "lol spectre" or "AMDrones btfo"?
Not just processors, but hardware in general.
Additionally, I'm having difficulties finding real information about anything computer related. Just opinion reviews and blog posts.

Attached: 1547755221209.png (613x530, 799K)

Hey lads, I'm pretty new to IT stuff in general but I was interested in learning about cybersc as a career field since I'm tired of pissing away my time at a part time job. Should I go to school for it or am I better off just studying on my own and getting the certs? I apologise for my ignorance I'm just trying to get on the path to a better life

Checked Bunnie Labs?

It's a ~44MB file (uncompressed) delivered to me in a ZIP folder.

It's a ~200MB file (uncompressed) delivered to me in a ~44MB ZIP folder.

Go for oscp

That sounds like a subcategory of cybersec from a quick Google search, what's the major difference? Does it generally pay well?

Attached: d2fc39a3-7a6c-473e-ac11-7504726d7509..jpg (1280x771, 280K)

>My apologies.
No problems, was just a bit surprised you could say. I think we are 2 or 3 that posts /cyb/ or /sec/ news.
>I caught a glimpse of his twitter, kinda sad.
Looks a bit like an exceptional case of hyperactivity. I had hoped his Outerheaven plan would come together but unfortunately that is now entirely off the net.

Attached: BR_red.jpg (1920x3233, 987K)

Any updates from All Encompassing Library-user?

Attached: 1500x.jpg (1500x844, 176K)

Night is here. Stay alive, stay comfy.

Attached: Comfy.png (891x605, 355K)

Applying for a job right now and the application wants a "knock knock" joke (I guess to gauge my "likability") and I'm too autistic to come up with one that's infosec related, anyone have any ideas? Many thanks in advance

Anyone into ASCII art

Update: I ended up going with some corny reddit-tier SQL injection joke

>Knock knock
Who's there?
>John'); DROP TABLE Furniture;--
John wh- wait, where'd all my stuff go?

Remember the film 7th Day? Remember they cloned mascots at first? Korea's business of puppy cloning is booming youtube.com/watch?v=6IxqSgHZFvg

Only one of these posts is mine, retard

whatever you say, hackerman

Attached: 0135794038.jpg (210x240, 8K)

mascots?

Let me get this straight. So, to stop giving away my data and contribute to the elimination of mass surveillance and the fear and submission instilled by it, i would have to:
eliminate all accounts of social media, including google which is basically the centre of all of it, stop using mobile phones with internet connection altogether (since you can't avoid the google login), gather up my files from my laptop and save them somewhere else (if they don't have some kind of.. Surveillance traces..?), and install some raw type os like linux and a safe web browser to be able to use the internet anonomously, is that right? Trying to delete data from past accounts before getting rid of them would be useless since they'd still keep it anyway, huh?

That is one way, yeah. Doesn't go deeper because you still have things like DNS and cross tracking. I am sure the other anons have other opinions.

Attached: 1521122413387.png (352x390, 359K)

I thought I would post this image as your thread is pants, your dads pants

Attached: yfronts.jpg (400x319, 27K)

what the name of this nose thing ive seen it before but forgot its name

Fuck alright i guess we've got to start using paper and pencil again and library computers at irregular intervals to print memes and record porn on dvds
Still, thank you. Someday i'll be back to arrange all that laptop stuff

It's Jewlius Cesar

keep the accounts and add false data so AI can't extrapolate your life path

=== /cyb/ News:
>Huawei Sting Offers Rare Glimpse of the U.S. Targeting a Chinese Giant
bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-04/huawei-sting-offers-rare-glimpse-of-u-s-targeting-chinese-giant?srnd=premium
>Like all inventors, Khan was paranoid about knockoffs. Even so, he was caught by surprise when Huawei, a potential customer, began to behave suspiciously after receiving the meticulously packed sample. Khan was more surprised when the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation drafted him and Akhan’s chief operations officer, Carl Shurboff, as participants in its investigation of Huawei. The FBI asked them to travel to Las Vegas and conduct a meeting with Huawei representatives at last month’s Consumer Electronics Show. Shurboff was outfitted with surveillance devices and recorded the conversation while a Bloomberg Businessweek reporter watched from safe distance.
Reverse engineering is also part of Cyberpunk.

That might be hmg. In /cyb/ we have a more refined taste, see and

Why are you even wasting your time with this? I don't think it is that important. Unless it's a new resource for infinite energy, or the numbers to a winning lotto ticket. I think your wasting your time.

To put in perspective. It's like saying I will give you 2 million dollars if you can figure out my full name from this post.

-->

Why don't you ask for more details? See if you can contact his contact? What do either of them know about the file, its contents, type, origin, etc. because if anyone I would describe as "sketchy" hands me something "mysterious", it's not going near anything I own. I don't want to end up in possession of a mafia hit list or a raping little Suzy video.

I want to get into cyber security but I'm not interested in programming, what are my options?

Redpill me on kali linux.
What can I do on it, that I can't on ubuntu?

Already tried that back when I was still working with him. He either doesn't know or won't tell.
The contact is supposedly his brother or some relation like that.

A lot of weird shit happened when I was over there that more or less turned my life upside down and I want answers.