Can my chink drive cloner

Clone an Xbox drive? or do the micrsoft hds have some jew codes embedded to prevent that?

Attached: 47150_2018-10-17_00-48-49_ei9P9CjmGM.jpg (700x525, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lBC9599ww6I
github.com/Rocky5/Chimp261812
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As far as I know those shits do bit-by-bit copying.
So, unless there's some conventionally unaccessible partition which the chink crap cannot access, it should do the deed just fine.

>As far as I know those [crap]s do bit-by-bit copying.
>So, unless there's some conventionally unaccessible partition which the chink crap cannot access, it should do the deed just fine.
that's what i thought user thanks

As far as you just want to upgrade your drive on your own Xbox, it should work.

Couldn't the chinks do some serious injection attacks with this type of shit.

i don't know about xbox's newer than the original, but you can't just clone an original xbox by placing it on a hdd cloning device, as it uses ATA locking, which keeps the disk in an inaccessible frozen state until unlocked (which requires a key stored on a chip in the xbox)

cant you clone it but it will just be locked? raw cloning

no, ATA locks operate on a lower level than raw block access, the disk does not allow any kind of actual I/O until it's unlocked

so how do the feds clone disks then? or can they not at all?

No idea about the hardware in the Xbox (One?) But assuming it uses off the shelf hardware for its hard disks it should read fine. I bet the data will be encrypted though.

Attached: 1548635116753.gif (618x894, 21K)

Wait so xbox uses some proprietary hard drive?

no, they're normal hdd's

So surely they can be cloned bit for bit? No way to stop them from having the bits read from the disk.

> so how do the feds clone disks then?
Off the shelf PCs don't use ATA locks, maybe that's why?
But then again:
> boot it up in the original PC with another OS
> clone
Voila.

>So surely they can be cloned bit for bit?
sure, if you supply the ATA lock key and unlock it first
>No way to stop them from having the bits read from the disk.
unless it's locked

you're having trouble understanding this, the ATA lock isn't encryption or something else which is on the disk, it's a firmware feature which prevents access to the disk whatsoever

-- and to be clear, i mean the firmware on the hdd itself
hdd's aren't as dumb as you might think, they can absolutely gatekeep the data on the disk

you can use ATA locks on pc's, but i've never seen anyone use that. obsolete nowadays though, better off using encryption

ATA lock was used in 90's laptops as a cheap n nasty alternative to disk encryption, it was horrendously outdated by the time the xboxhuegxbox used it. it could be circumvented by plugging in a serial cable to those extra pins you never use

pretty sure x360 and beyond are plain old disks, the 360 transfer cable can be used as a generic sata-usb on pc

Wow that is actually really cool thanks for the info.

The easiest way to clone a OG Xbox and 360 hard drives is with custom firmware. Backup the entire drive through FTP or use one of those Homebrew HDD management programs.

youtube.com/watch?v=lBC9599ww6I

github.com/Rocky5/Chimp261812

Only thing you need is a way to power the other hard disk via molex

They probably modify the firmware of the disk

You can modify the original xbox hdd by hotswapping, remove the case of the xbox and a pc with a compatible hdd slot, boot them both up and at a certain step you can pull the cord out of the xbox, and into the pc, that's how you softmod them. Can the OP do the same initial setup? There are guides online on hotswapping/softmodding your OG xbox. Ofcourse, maybe he wants to do it on a newer model, I have no idea about the workings of the last 2 generations of Xbox.
>tfw modding consoles in the past and you had to get lucky to find a cd with the hacked firmware
>tfw you slowly learn how computers worked that way
What a time that was.

>original xbox

The BIG xbox or the 360?

Yeah, but they could do that with anything. That would fuck them up long term though. Counterfeiting, near slave labor and cheap parts is more profitable and secure. Not to say they won't because at some point they probably will. But cheating is culturally acceptable, fucking with the nest egg isn't...

I thought my toaster was a drive cloner and ended up fucking up 2 drives while simultaneously causing a grease fire in my kitchen

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 1.28.37 PM.png (257x272, 136K)

M$ uses standard laptop harddrives for their XBOXes because they get them cheap.

You can run them in a normal PC just need to reformat them.

Anything can be cloned, you just need to expand your selection of tools toward the firmware level.

TL;DR You wont be able to play your XBOX games directly on PC without an emulation layer but the drive works just fine (it runs on an inferior algorithm tho so format that bitch)

>>the original
>do you mean the 360

Attached: angry brainlet.png (229x220, 6K)