Can someone give me a legitimate reason why this is bad?

Can someone give me a legitimate reason why this is bad?

Attached: brave-browser-logo.png (583x548, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
youtu.be/ypNWwrtEZEk
royal.pingdom.com/the-best-mobile-browser-benchmarking-performance-and-data-usage/
androidauthority.com/best-fastest-android-browsers-337802/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cookie-autodelete/fhcgjolkccmbidfldomjliifgaodjagh?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It wakes up from being killed on android to update it's adblock list (I assume). Caught it on Wireshark transmitting mostly encrypted traffic.
It's fine on desktop, but don't delude yourself that you'll get more privacy out of this than you would out of Firefox/IceCat/Librefox/TorBrowser. So if you're ok with using a Blink browser then there's nothing wrong with this shit outside of having an absolute dogshit adblocker instead of uBlockOrigin.

>Can install ublock origin on Brave

Attached: SmugNazi.jpg (533x679, 57K)

You can, what's your point? Defaults matter because they're unnecessary bloat. Just like how Firefox is full of telemetry by default.
>can block telemetry on Firefox
>smug autismfrog face

Firefox and Icecat both have shitty defaults, worse than Brave, Librefox needs to be install on top of Firefox and Tor isn't for general use

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

It's pretty much spyware and adware.

>You can, what's your point?
How?
>Just like how Firefox is full of telemetry by default.
This is why Fennec F-droid and IceCat Mobile exist.

The article itself tells you how you can disable all of the features they've singled out as "spyware". It's pretty much a lack of reading comprehension.

Attached: 0156_1.png (1080x1947, 416K)

>how
Their desktop client is basically chrome now. You can install Chrome addons.
As for their mobile client, you can't install shit on it. Their mobile browser is utter garbage, but it's the second best android browser after Lightning which really says something about the state of android browsers.
>Fennec F-droid and IceCat Mobile
They're 4 times slower than webview. The only thing they're useful for is uBO/uMatrix and Tor.

Yeah just like you can "turn off" Windows 10 spying. Same shit, different asshole.

>proprietary Windows 10 with placebo anti telemetry tools is the same as an open source browser

>They're 4 times slower than webview
youtu.be/ypNWwrtEZEk
Doesn't seem like it.

> Lightning > Brave
Actually kill yourself

Open source browsers aren't good by default, otherwise everyone on Jow Forums would be using stock Chromium instead of Ungoogled Chromium. The only sure way to disable spyware features is to fork the thing and yank them out of the source code yourself.

no it wasnt bad. it's just self entitled intellectuals and paranoid use it because hurr durr NSA.

Pic related is a 3yo benchmark of a ton of browsers, but it's a good estimate of how things are today. (internet = Samsung Internet). Firefox is definitely much slower.
Your Indian guy is using completely different devices with different browsers making his benchmark irrelevant.

Lightning doesn't secretly phone home and has better tab UI.

Attached: Mobile Browser Benchmarks.png (2828x1708, 258K)

best browser for desktop: vivaldi
best browser for mobile: bromite

/thread

>Open source browsers aren't good by default, otherwise everyone on Jow Forums would be using stock Chromium instead of Ungoogled Chromium.
What's the point of these random assumptions? It's not like you can ever find out who on this board uses which browser for sure.
>The only sure way to disable spyware features is to fork the thing and yank them out of the source code yourself
Brave also has Ungoogled-chromium patches, just as Ungoogled-chromium itself along with Iridium and Inox browser. It's just that neither of those 3 get updated fast enough or even compile on Linux.

>Lightning doesn't secretly phone home and has better tab UI.
And has nowhere near as good of an ad blocker as Brave, forget Firefox, and hasn't been updated in a year.

Here are two most recent tests:
royal.pingdom.com/the-best-mobile-browser-benchmarking-performance-and-data-usage/
androidauthority.com/best-fastest-android-browsers-337802/
>Another reason Puffin was so much faster is because it connected to fewer hosts. Puffin made requests to only 14 hosts, whereas Safari made requests to about 50 hosts. Most of those extra hosts are third-party advertisement and tracking services. Puffin was able to identify them and either remove them from the page or route calls through its own, faster servers at cloudmosa.net.
Seems to me like Firefox based browsers can only benefit from ad blocking (UBlock Origin) speed wise. They'll surely be connecting to less hosts then.

>hasn't been updated in a year
>literally got an update last month

>puffin browser
It's malware/spyware. Puffin is literally connecting you to a remote computer which does browsing for you. It's a cloud browser, it barely counts as a browser and doesn't deserve being benchmarked. You can achieve the same shit by streaming your computer's screen onto your phone and remotely controlling it.

>Firefox is full of telemetry
>Meanwhile braves telemetry can't be disabled

>Firefox shitty defaults
>Brave has telemetry that cannot be disabled
>Tor isn't for general use

found the brainlet.

>Meanwhile braves telemetry can't be disabled
It literally tells you how. Not sure if you were being serious.

Try disabling braves telemetry than sniff the traffic. You will be surprised some telemetry cannot be disabled (I wonder why).

Also that website is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. Telemetry is essential in software development you see what it sends to whom and you can check the source.

Also disabling telemetry makes you more suspicious than anything thanks to network profiling.

>nowhere near as good of an ad blocker as Brave
You are aware Braves adblocker is literally the worst on the market? Try Firefox built in content blocking compare it with Brave. You will kys

>Try disabling braves telemetry than sniff the traffic. You will be surprised some telemetry cannot be disabled (I wonder why).
Seems like you've already done it. Care to post the results?

Again try disabling it sniff the traffic then come back. Just because some (terrible brainlet) website says something does not mean it's correct. Contrary brave devs said you need to recompile to disable all telemetry.

I wonder why a company whose main Angel investors are analytics and whose founder is running out of money may be a honeypot. Fucking children here using anything WebKit based thinking they gain anything while actually they help Google even more.

chrome skin

so you admit to not being able to do this yourself? Then why even bother using anything but Chrome literally wouldn't make a difference for you. You'd have non ironically more privacy by using Chromium due to fingerprinting.

Fyi it still phones home. How surprising Brave is a for profit company right? This thread is full of imbeciles

>complains about telemetry
>uses the internet
hmm

congratulations anyone using this is literally giving his entire browsing history away for free to the likes of Google Cloudflare and thousands of other tracker companies.

Yes I am dead serious it is called fingerprinting. Brave is easier to fingerprint than stock Chrome try it yourself.

>hurr but it says it has fingerprinting protection
Then try it out yourself you mongol or stop talking. The only way to defeat fingerprinting, whether you like it or not, is by using Tor or Firefox with resistFP which basically is just Tor.

I only asked a simple question and you're proclaiming results with utmost certainty without showing anything tangible. I'll do it for myself.

>Just like how every browser is full of telemetry and bullshit by default.
Ftfy.

What brave telemetry can't be disabled?

Built off Chromium, which is a fork of Chrome, which is ran by Google, and owned by Alphabet.

If you dislike the botnet, stay away.

>Advertises itself as being 8 times faster than chrome
This alone tells you that they are just trying to cash on dumb people who fall for ever jewish trick

>an open source browser is based on a proprietary one
Jesus Christ... The absolute state of this board.

>advertise as fast and private
>anything based on Chromium with ublock is 1000000 billion times faster and more private
before you argue go look at braves source. Then think about why Brave is a for profit company that says it's browser is private. If you aren't a brianlet you instantly will see the problems

>anything based on Chromium with ublock is 1000000 billion times faster and more private
Uhh, source? Also, what makes you think that you can't use uBlock Origin with Brave? Other Chromium based browsers take months to be updated and don't compile half of the time on Linux. I'm not seeing any alternatives.
>before you argue go look at braves source
I'm not a programmer, but I know that Brave includes Ungoogled-chromium patches.
>Then think about why Brave is a for profit company that says it's browser is private. If you aren't a brianlet you instantly will see the problems
I'm sensing this has something to do with BAT, doesn't it? Which is, for the thousandth time, opt-in and has always been.

Can someone give me a legitimate reason it is good?

Yes, it doesn't compile on Gentoo.

Attached: 1sy1BtP.jpg (1100x618, 83K)

You are beyond retarded. Just go use Brave if it makes you happy. Just remember that it is a placebo. Worse it makes it easier to track around the web due to fingerprinting than Chrome itself.

>hurr durr a for profit company says that it has fingerprinting protection
yea dude sure. For profit company is bound to the BAT shit right? If you don't opt In suddenly Brave is a non profit company. Fucjing idiots.

>based on blink which is based on webkit which is based on kdes WebKit
Any browser that uses an engine that at some point in its lifetime consisted of the Apple/KDE code is unable to provide privacy no matter how you try to turn it around. You just prove it yourself. The only people actually using Brave are Windows 10 users and/or people who have no clue how either web privacy and/or programming works

its not necessarily "bad", but its literally just chromium with more memes attached out of the box

It is good if you want to provide Brendan Eich, Google and Cloudflarw with your entire browsing history. This is not a joke. It is called fingerprinting. With Chrome itself only Google and Cloudflare get it. As thus non ironically Google Chrome has better privacy than Brave.

Yes it is bad. They say it provides privacy and fingerprinting protection. At the same time they connect to trackers and analytics and have telemetry that cannot be disabled and their fingerprinting is actually worse than placebo as it makes you easier to fingerprint.

Look at Vivaldi. Those guys don't say anything about "privacy" or any shit yet they could without a problem claim the same thing.

Anyone using Brave is either a shill, belongs to Brendans team or is a literal retard.

>It is good if you want to provide Brendan Eich, Google and Cloudflarw with your entire browsing history
I'm sure you have sources for every single one of these ridiculous assumptions.
It also does the same as Chrome/Chromium in fingerprinting tests. Try it for yourself.
>As thus non ironically Google Chrome has better privacy than Brave.
You're back again and I'm done.

I literally explained why but obviously you only quoted the part you could reply to obvious shill is obvious.

Brave manipulates some fingerprinting vectors but leaves 99% untouched (look at the source or try it out with proper fp scripts not shit like panopti that only shows 0.00001%).

This means a website is easily able to tell you are using Brave just by you visiting the website. Now imagine how many Brave users there are worldwide compared to Chrome users?

Even Google.com will be able to identify you uniquely easily if you use Brave while ironically it is harder for Google.com to uniquely identify you if you'd just use stock Chrome. And since Cloudflare and Google are loaded with nearly every second website it is beyond easy to establish your browsing history.

Instead of defending your shit because you can't accept your own mistakes go either check everything for yourself or if you can't (like you yourself admit by not being a programmer and thinking Brave and Chrome have the same fingerprint) don't use something that purports privacy. You can't check it anyway how come then you trust it this is beyond illogical.

If I make a company inside NSA headquarter and have the slogan "most private secure X" you apparently gonna believe it without even using your own brain.

>being this bad at shilling
Brendan should cut your funding. 1 rupee per month is too much for you.

>imagine being this retarded
I sure hope you are bait. This is painfully embarrassing even for a shill

>uuh u shill bro
>while unironically recommending Chrome every chance you get
This is no better than talking to a wall.

The desktop version crashes all the time (Linux)
The android version works ok.

I am recommending Chrome over Brave. I never said Chrome is private but it certainly has better privacy than Brave.
Overall obviously both are the worst of the worst in terms of privacy but because of fingerprinting and evercookies Brave is even worse than Chrome.

>The desktop version crashes all the time (Linux)
Steps to reproduce?

>I never said Chrome is private but it certainly has better privacy than Brave.
>a proprietary browser is better for privacy than a Chromium fork with Ungoogled-chromium patches
Imagine being this deliberately delusional. Oh wait, you don't have to - you legitimately are.
>but because of fingerprinting
Which can be configured to give the same output as Chrome on Windows/Linux. Don't believe me? Try for yourself.
>and evercookies Brave is even worse than Chrome
What are even evercookies? Also:
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cookie-autodelete/fhcgjolkccmbidfldomjliifgaodjagh?hl=en
Wow, so difficult. Also, you haven't stopped talking out of your ass the entire time while I'm spoonfeding you answers and sources for everything.