Plasma vs Oled

is 4k a meme? I hear people say 1080p plasma at 600hz is still surperior to even high end 4k HDR Oleds. Should I buy a used high quality plasma?

Attached: 1510263446390.jpg (740x946, 437K)

anything besides CRT or LCD is unacceptable.

What does her milk taste like

Attached: 1461957127089.jpg (1024x609, 95K)

21:9 1440 IPS for games and movies.
16:9 4k for everyhing else.

He does not look fat apart of the beergut.

I'm hot for a plasma vs oled discussion.
I'm still using my 2008 Panasonic plasma and the contrast (blackness) + general image quality is a lot better than my 2016 led monitor.
Sure, good LCDs also have high contrast but by increasing the brightness and not by providing good blackness.

I'm thinking to by a 4K hdr oled but not sure if worth it. I have 0 4K videos.
I use my TV as cloned screen only and I see the current SmartTV™ functionallity with great disgust. (A locked down pc with poor performance and an uncertain update future paired with massive botnet datatransfers and in-menu ads)

Attached: hodl.jpg (1440x900, 46K)

remark: My flatmate has a SmartTV™ and my pc boots a lot faster than this piece of shit.

I have seen posts from people who upgraded nice plasma, to newer OLeds and a good portion of them seem to be disappointed. The remark on the unnatural colors, and poorer motion.

1440 looks the same as 1080 either upgrade to 4k or buy a 1080 1440p is a poor fag meme

Not really beergut. That gut is a sign of stomach ulcer building up. He will get stomach cancer if proper diet isn't in place. My dad have this issue and majority of blood type O is prone to this issue. I'm a blood type O and my died is almost fucked up as my dad and i'm changing it even if I don't have any bloated guts like my dad or GNU dad.

false

4k you have to sit really close for it to make a difference, HDR and overall better panel tech, local dimming, brightness, etc. is the improvement that most people attribute to the better looks of the displays, not the resolution. It will make a difference if you are using a projector (say 123" screen within 12ft or so).

OLEDs have the best black levels and are best for watching films in light controlled rooms. They also have better off axis viewing. There is a concern about burn in, similar to plasma had, but if you don't watch the news all day or play videogames on full brightness with a static HUD display or something you will be okay.

LEDs still have better brightness than OLEDs, so if you have a room where you watch TV where the sun is beating on the display, consider a QLED or something.

I still use a 1080p LED, it's okay. The blacks suck and off axis it doesn't look great, but for the most part it is good. My dream would be a 85" OLED.

I don't get the point of buying 4k now : there's little to no content and we already see 8k monitor coming.
I think a good investment to watch movies would be ultra short focal projectors

Steve Jobs posting from the grave.

OLED have problems with black crush

Attached: 829DC456-6575-46AA-8470-F2E30387F0B1.jpg (1024x575, 60K)

I like my Pioneer Kuro plasma but I’m slowly getting tired of it and constantly thinking to get LG C8 or new upcoming C9

milky

4K panels were first released in 2012, and its just now becoming the norm & useful in 2019.
8K panels are still a while off, and assuming each successive iteration takes longer than the last, it could easily be 10-15 years until 8K is affordable and useful. Even then, a lot of medium-quality 35mm film has had most of its detail captured in 4K already, so only high quality 35mm and larger (less common) film, and newer digital cameras not widely used yet, will benefit much from 8K.

LG presented 8k on CES and it’s for 77” and up

that makes sense but still don't you think 4k brings almost no benefits ? I mean HD brought flat screens and a huge visual difference compared to CTR

8k tvs are announced as of CES, the Olympics are going to be broadcasted in it, Red and other companies already make 8k cameras.

it's still dumb though

>unnatural colors
Plasma probably just has a smaller color gamut than OLED, in other words OLED (and modern LCDs too) can display a larger portion of the total colors your eye can see than old plasma TVs can. This can be a problem though if the TV isn't properly set up and you're watching content not meant for the wider color gamut.

Please stop posting Khazar Milkers. I must stay pure.

Attached: 2dd.jpg (600x600, 40K)

It's a meme at any size below 32 inch screens. Beyond that you better be using 4k as a minimum

Yeah he does. Dude looks incredibly fat. Just check his face.

He also looks like the only thing he has ever lifted was a keyboard.

Plasmas have better motion handling by default, OLEDs have better blacks.

If your OLED TV supports BFI there's essentially no reason to use an old Plasma. Just keep in mind that OLEDs aren't exactly super bright, and BFI on top of it might make it too dark.

unnatural motion is due to oleds super low pixel response time which causes judder with low framerate content. use frame interpolation to offset such issue. colors can be tweaked fairly well so its only an issue for retards who arw too braindead to open the settings menu and selecting another preset

t. american

>600hz on plasma
Jesus wtf
Can anyone blue pill me on that?

no it’s because oled display frames with sample and hold patterns (it hold frame until next frame)
while plasma insert black between two frames and this looks smoother because human brain naturally makes transition between two frames

some plasmas are 600hz bra.