ITT: bad habits

>ITT: bad habits

I cat and pipe to grep instead of just using grep

Attached: stupidandsad.gif (487x560, 898K)

I throw random files and garbage on my desktop until it gets ridiculous.
I use windows.
My desktop has wires going everywhere and unorganized both inside and out.
I just force push shit when I get confused in my git repos.

Attached: 1547001414495.jpg (1079x895, 234K)

I curl and pipe to a file instead of just using wget.

Running commands and applications as root that I really shouldn’t be

Attached: EE6E0A3A-EBB7-494A-A49C-0ED37917848A.jpg (759x847, 48K)

I always type ./

i bite my nails
im also a frog poster

Attached: 798769867986.jpg (1171x936, 87K)

Despite being a certified computer technician I will only dust my computer vents until they start shutting off from overheating. Said computers are intel trash that I haven't been arsed to delid yet so their heatsinks desperately need to be dusted at least once a week.

Also 241 since I own intel trash in the first place despite knowing better now.

I stopped updating my pc about 3-4 years ago because an update stopped my pc booting to DE so I just restored from backup and stopped updating

I type pretty fast and never look at the keyboard, but I mostly type with my left hand and use a single finger of my right hand

find | grep
in vi: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Literally the same, it's just more comfy because you have better control on arrows/return/backspace/del etc.

I sudo pip install everything without venvs

Why? I'm curious

I often... Use the arrow keys in vim.
Forgive me

>I throw random files and garbage on my desktop until it gets ridiculous.
this but on linux + also my downloads folder. once it gets unbearable i just delete everything.
browsing Jow Forums and shitposting instead of getting work done.

I only use my middle fingers when typing. Most of the time I can do it without looking at the keyboard so I never had a reason to switch to normal touch typing. I tried some online games and tutorials but got frustrated with them because I was typing a lot slower than with my middle fingers. I don't remember exactly how many characters per minute I was typing so it might be possible that if I stuck with using all 4 fingers my speed would increase over time and get better than my current speed.

spend my free time on Jow Forums instead of something productive

Fuck

Attached: 1545718865367.png (463x537, 405K)

I type with just my index fingers and right thumb

you don't have to spend all your time being productive however as far as unproductive activities go Jow Forums is fairly bad

i haven't wiped my ass in 22 years

where is the ground?

I refuse to learn any new languages and stick with C to program everything. I have dozens of personal utility files with 1000+ lines of code doing random shit over the years.

this is brazil

Last time I wiped my ass was in 1998

they use type-N sockets which have ground though

whoops
from wikipedia
>Few private houses in Brazil have an earthed supply, so even if a three-pin socket is present it is not safe to assume that all three terminals are actually connected.

the ground in these things is a piece of wire, usually coated in silicon, that should ground the waterjet in case of fault. By far not enough to instatrip a breaker
literally called suicide shower

I hate having to do stuff in CLI even though I know it saves a huge amount of time and is more intuitive

What's your wpm? Do a typing test on 10fastfigers.

I bite the corner of my thinkpad

I rsync my entire repo everytime I push to a dev branch because I cant be fucked setting up phpstorm to do it automatically

More like 2fastfingers

in ur mum haha

I write an entire class or function and then debug instead of writing a few lines at a time and compiling often.

This except I don't debug

I fap when I feel depressed.

What's the correct way to do this:

[spoiler]cat some_file | prog_that_reads_from_stdin[/spoiler]

[spoiler]ctrl+s[/spoiler]

Oh God I'm retarded

I randomly started using my index fingers for the space bar, took months to break the habit

I don't keep backups and just throw any important docs or pictures on to Dropbox because I'm too poor to setup a proper fileserver to do it the way I want it to.

kek

I do shit like this a lot
find . | sed 's/^/cat /g' | sh
I've done find-sed-sh patterns that run more seds.

cd ..
cd ..
cd ..
instead of cd ../../..
also changing directories to do a ls

Attached: 1548882926411.jpg (400x400, 21K)

prog_that_reads_from_stdin < some_file

alias ...="../.."
alias ....="../../.."
alias .....="../../../.."
You're welcome

I plug in the device before installing the driver

I git reset HEAD~# and git add . and git commit -m instead of using the interactive rebase tool.

rmdir -p the entire directory instead of rm -rf the root folder of the directory
>kek no i dont im a ubuntu noob

sudo su