Do you shame people for using an easy distro like Ubuntu?

Do you shame people for using an easy distro like Ubuntu?

Attached: 5587993621_52eb837019_n.jpg (320x290, 18K)

I only shame them for using it with gnome 3.

You can do pretty much everything on ubuntu that you can do on """hard""" distros. In fact custom configs are harder than on meme ricer distros.

No, there's absolutely nothing inherently wrong with ease of use, and anyone who disagrees is most likely a gate keeping narcissist.
I do think that systemD is garbage though. I'll shame anyone who ignores its issues.
Currently, non-ubuntu distros have awful support for my laptop's GTX 1050. So, I'm stuck. But that's NVIDIOT's fault.
SystemD-less Ubuntu distro when.
This too

Attached: .org.chromium.Chromium.jpg (2560x1440, 289K)

Yes.

And people wonder why so few people use Linux...
>be you
>get acquintance to ditch Windows for Linux
>see he installed Ubuntu or similar
>lolnoob
>babbys first linux you stupid noob

Yes

yes, I tell them to grow up and install a real OS like Windows

There's nothing wrong with gnome 3 if you primarily use the CLI

This

>hurrdurr this person wants to use linux to get actual work done instead of piss away time fucking around with config files and installing device drivers, must be a noob
I suggest you change your mentality, it's making you a useless person.

Attached: jeff_dean_ubuntu.png (485x324, 208K)

kek ubunzu giving me problem since 6 hours.
Literally cancer OS with virtualbox.

It's easy to assume that no kernel developer use ubuntu as a daily driver.

As opposed to using a ``hard" distro? Such as?

nope. Only shame retards who buy applel garbage

>using virtualbox instead of qemu & kvm
retard

What's wrong with using a UNIX operating system? I'll grant that the hardware is garbage though.

No, I shame people for using tryhard neckbeard distros like Arch and Void.
The overwhelming majority of work in Linux is done on mainstream distros, not on riced with dwm whatever-the-fuck distros.

Attached: 1546631456759.jpg (700x921, 108K)

Seems like you're just jealous of people having the actual programming skills necessary to properly rice their distro. No wonder actual programmers mainly use Arch or Void and you kids who can't even code up a simple Python script (much less an Operating System Kernel in Rust) always keep complaing about your ubuntu having broken packages.

>intentionally making your life harder to sound badass
retard
>but but but
vbox uses the same kvm backend with infinitely better backend

>No wonder actual programmers mainly use Arch or Void
Lol

Fedora is vastly superior, I do shame Ubuntufags because they run a Debian based distro.
>uses the same backend
>with infinitely better backend
Neither does your statement make any sense, nor does VBox use KVM. QEMU is not difficult to use.

>actual programmers mainly use Arch or Void
Knuth uses Ubuntu.

I mean actual programmers, not century old dumbfucks who couldn't even properly install Arch and give it a chance.

No I'm glad people use GNU/Linux instead of the shit that is Windows or macOS

Fpbp! I wouldn't shame people for wanting things to just werk, but fuck Gnome 3.

>wanting things to just werk
They'd be using mac or windows, not something made by hobbyists.

T. Retard
Most non- retarded enterprises have at least a secondary machine running Ubuntu (95% of the time) or straight up use it as the only os while at work.

>I do think that systemD is garbage though. I'll shame anyone who ignores its issues.
On a purely technical standpoint, it's a downgrade from the earlier inits which allow for easier diagnosis and have lesser chance of failure since they are not as integrated into the system.
For consumer use though? I wouldn't even bring that up, at the end of the day systemd really a geek OCD issue and not something that affects the end user in an easily apparent manner.

based.
and virt-manager is piss easy to use

Actual autism.

Attached: 1543862202601.png (605x453, 486K)

Unity master race reporting in.

Kvm qemu libvirt is easier & faster to setup than vbox is

I ran Ubuntu as my desktop in college 10 years ago and completed all coursework with no crashes or problems on a Pentium 4 machine. The only thing that made me reinstall Windows on it was a Visual Basic class and I missed how perf ormant the PC was with Ubuntu installed.

TFW you have to install another 4GB of RAM just to get Windows 7 RC to run smoothly on your single core machine.

Attached: gamescrn_morrowind_02-B.jpg (1024x768, 91K)

No it doesn't, idiot. Lololol

I don't shame anyone for it, but I do shame people for using Mac.

I use Arch, I'm ashamed of it, but I like it a lot more because you can start with nothing and just install what you need. Also, installing pretty much anything is dead simple, unlike with Debian where you have to add repositories and edit configs just to download a package. (Example: openjdk-jre)

>be in 12th grade
>2010, just before I graduated hs
>have a Ubuntu 9.04 CD that I got in the mail from the mail in my backpack
>Classmate of mine sees it in history class
>He said: "Ubuntu sucks" and never speaks to me again

I never got a chance to to say that he wasn't wrong

>muh pretty computer
No serious programmer or intellectual uses Arch or Void or whatever the distro of the day is.
Just fat faggots with no life who waste their time obsessing over how nice their OS looks.

If you don't put newcomers through the hazing process, they'll never become advanced Linux users. So yes, I will shame the shit out of you if you post a Ubuntu screenfetch.

i shame people for using any distro because linux is for paedophiles and weeaboos (some would argue they're the same thing...)

>actual programmers mainly use Arch or Void
Some one who programs as a hobby isn't an actual programmer.
An actual programmer programs for a living, and let me tell you when you do use your computer to get actual work done ricing is a huge waste of time, and so is having to worry about mantaining your system. A good stable distro like debian/ubuntu (or even fedora) with a DE that just works is what "actual programmers" use.

>people having the actual programming skills necessary to properly rice their distro
lmao that's great

based

Sounds like something only archincels do

I don't really care all that much about any particular distro or DE or whatever, it's all fine by me as long as it works appropriately, from the ones I tried Ubuntu is the one which required the least hassle to set up all my stuff, so.