Ask someone who recycles technology for a living anything

Ask someone who recycles technology for a living anything

Attached: DyUzuxkWoAEw8Di.jpg (554x340, 50K)

How’d you get in it?

does it pay well?

isn't it boring and repetitive, how do you not fucking get bored after few hours of doing same shit every day

you work for an employer or for yourself?

How many perfectly good modern machines make it to the scrapheap?

How much being a garbage man pay?

I just started doing it

I made €54k after taxes last year

It's fun. I keep the unique or rare hardware for myself.

Depends what you consider modern.

Where do computers go when they die.

>Depends what you consider modern.
Less than 3 years old or so

do you work in EU?

I hate your kind of people, rather than selling working shit u rather scrap it for a mere 5 penny's worth of gold, oh it grinds my gears when you have old shit thats rare or realy wanted, but oh no u scrap it cus ur dump for that "gold".

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-04-14-40-03~2.png (1440x764, 1.1M)

do you own machinery or do you do it by hand?
if you have machinery, how much did it cost? did you have to go through any legal bs to own and operate it?

How much do you earn?

lots do sell
if nobody is buying at a price worth more than it can be recycled for, then it gets scrapped

Sounds reasonable but i still hate that old stuff like that intel cpu gets destroyed for gold, because once it destroyed theres no way to say oh im a go get another one easy.

Are you independent or doing some kind of apprenticeship?

Where do you get your scrap hardware from and who buys it?

Can you show us or tell us some rare hardware you’ve gotten over the years?
Pics included of the stuff would be appreciated.

What do you actually do?

What are ways to get the electronics?
Who buys what you scrap from it?

What is an average day in your work like?

Give us a quick rundown of how your job works
Where do you get your shit from?

that would be the sane way to think, but sadly there are long nosed ppl that prefer rubbing there hand on shinny piece of metal for no reason and they somehow rule the world....

110th pogrom soon brother.

You'll have a heart attack if you learned how much perfectly good hardware is destroyed for sanitation purposes. They are literally grinded up and taken away by a truck with security seals on it.

What is the most interesting thing you’ve ever worked on?

A pile of Nokia prototypes

I get it for free. Companies call me now but I used to call around and pick things up for free from the local recycle center

As a fan of Cyrix CPUs i fully agree with you. I grab em whenever i find em for a good price.

How do you deal with the fumes?

Do companies really just give out electronics for free?
Surely you must be paying something for them.

No, I get all for free. They would normally have to pay to get rid of it.

>that picture
kek. "Gold" in hardware is basically worth nothing, the actual amount of it in the alloys used is tiny.

What do I do with old crap anyway?
I've just been letting it pile up.

OP pls answer

How would one go about doing this? Is it feasible to do it on the side? How do you deal with repetitive strain injuries?

when do you expect to get cancer? and how can the taxpayer not pay for it?

How many grams per kilo do you get, on average?

>Do companies really just give out electronics for free?
Stockpiling is expensive for companies, they would do anything for free space. And as governments will hang them in public if they happen to throw their trash into the ocean, they prefer to give it to third parties.

>recycles technology for a living anything

AMD users are so pathetic.
Get a real job so you can afford good hardware and not have to dig for scraps to afford AMD shit.

Attached: ss (2014-07-14 at 04.56.02).png (547x615, 735K)

Question.
Do you earn more by recycling precious metals in old technology or by repurposing old chips?

This mught be a dumb quesiton but why can't they just throw it in the trash?

Remember to save any exotic processors you may find. Anything non-x86 basically. There's a huge market for retro machines and their parts. If you find any old proprietary components like RAM sticks for an SGI workstation, they'll be worth more than the gold you get from them. And it's nice to keep these parts in circulation so that people can keep restoring and enjoying these machines.

I dislike your kind heavly.
t. retro hobbist

Why? I worked in a recycling plant and I would put retro and rare things aside to sell on eBay.

>t. coping intel user

>it's the fault of the person doing the job not the one who threw it away or didn't give a fuck
Amazing

Throwing electronics in the trash isn't allowed in a lot of places.

Mostly because these places don't use landfills everywhere - the main "trash: is then for substances that can be burned in an incinerator, with exclusions for things that can be recycled.

PS: Maybe you aren't allowed to put electronics in landfills either, at least in places that try to keep ground/ground water pollution low.