Linux, but for chads

Linux, but for chads

Attached: serveimage.png (1280x959, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Installation_guide&action=history
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>work
>blocks your path
what do?

Attached: 1549310098417s.jpg (250x187, 5K)

work.

mom cancel my meetings pacman fucked up my xorg conf

"MOOOMMM, X shit the bed again. Cancel my appointments"

>fat basement dweller whose sole "hobby" is fixing the breakage of his operating system
>chad

Attached: 1546788300297 copy.jpg (500x866, 82K)

Somebody post the picture, you know the one I'm talking about.

Attached: small pinus arch logo.png (383x321, 25K)

>moooom my ricing and anime is more important than the job interview
I wish I had the pic.

Attached: Arch is a meme.png (1880x198, 39K)

Attached: arch linux user.png (804x906, 46K)

Attached: Arch does not amek you smarterer about Lunix.png (1880x177, 65K)

Attached: arch broken xorg.png (1349x695, 13K)

Pathetic

Attached: Arch retardation.png (1682x2684, 292K)

>t. buttblasted Arch user

REDDIT loves ARCH LINUX.

Attached: Arch redditors.png (851x942, 184K)

horrible screenshots 0/10

Attached: MOM CANCEL MY MEETINGS.png (647x487, 17K)

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-26 'The Arch Way' 'Unix Philosophy' 'Suckless Ideology&# (1566x350, 36K)

Attached: arch users.png (1062x664, 114K)

Kek

Attached: arch too easy to install.png (3300x6993, 1.54M)

Attached: archvirgin mintchad.png (2518x1024, 375K)

Attached: arch is not minimalist.png (1169x3679, 513K)

Attached: we dont want new users.png (1680x143, 25K)

i use arch and program in c++ just to feed off these delicious brainlet tears mmmmm

Attached: 38637235723.jpg (400x709, 105K)

Attached: arch linus.png (944x424, 10K)

Attached: Arch is garbage.png (1272x1377, 274K)

Who the fuck cares. Install Parabola.
>no systembreaksaftereachmajorupdate
>no AURtism
>fully free
>doesn't break Xorg and other maymays

Attached: arch linux bus.jpg (641x4513, 535K)

>Arch linux is great for beginners. Btw I actually dont know shit about GNU/Linux

Attached: Arch_Linux_-_Best_distro_ever_AkitaOnRails.com_-_2018-03-12_00.14.47.png (719x1043, 180K)

Attached: Arch_Linux_-_Best_distro_ever_AkitaOnRails.com_-_2018-03-12_00.11.39.png (714x313, 56K)

Attached: Arch linux dunning kruger.png (650x4377, 871K)

>brother calls up, macbook is fucked
>he drops it off
>the only mac os trojan in existence is installed
>reformat
>install Arch Linux
>compile everything from source
>get superior rolling release minimal system
>force all daemons and processes, x windows, etc required to be manually started (like they SHOULD BE)
>return macbook
>he calls up
>WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT WHAT DID U DO TO MY MAKBOK FUK U
I told him that Arch is even more hipster than OSX, after that he shut up.

>KISS for devs
nice they won't patch programs. I want the developer version, not the os distribution version
>packages are large
of course they contain everything, I don't have to dl a stupid -dev package to use something. ANd by the way if the initial dev didn't split his own package, you should complain to initial dev.
>partial upgrade not supported
You don't want to upgrade everything, go back to debian
>no policies
There is one, arch dev won't patch packages, don't maintain packages, they're just builder. I'm ok with that, they don't fiddle everything like those debian maintainers who introduced a security issue in ssh
>small repo
It's OK for me, it contains all I need
>pacman unsafe
because others ain't. You make my day kiddo.
>not encoding dependencies
of course you must be up to date. But there is Debian if you want to live in the past.
>can't be updated after 3 years
Try to do a full dist-upgrade with a non updated Debian, I want to laugh.
>selinux
selinux is the incorrect solution to a real problem
>no policies about licenses
I'm Ok with that. I like my distribution like my women. Wild.
>build on a cronjob
Ho shit you're for manual work, no automation. Bakka.

seething

The chad gentoo user:
>wants application so he lets portage automatically compile and install it, maybe from another repo
The normalfag *buntu user:
>wants application so he adds another repo and just installs it
The autistic Arch user:
>wants application but it's not in the tiny main repo
>some random dude has uploaded a build script for the application onto AUR some years ago, but of course it's not maintained any more because that program is not useful for ricing, which is what arch users care the most about
>Arch user wastes time reading and understanding the build script for the package and it's dependencies (because there could be anything in it since anyone can upload them lol)
>Arch user has to manually fix scripts for the newest versions of the program
>Arch user has to compile the program just like on gentoo
>Arch user has to manually update said programs and dependencies.

Arch has never been a minimalist distribution. Splitting packages is rare compared to other distributions, and dependencies aren't made optional whenever possible. Arch has *never* been minimalist... a Linux kernel with every module available and every feature enabled at least when there's no non-bloat related cost, feature-packed/complex GNU tools, nearly all optional features enabled across all the packages, etc.

>pacman is fast but not safe, it tends to break shit and config protection is implemented in a terrible way
>there is no official process to verify that a package is stable within the distro, in other distros a lot of packages are in a testing repo despite that specific package's developer claiming it to be stable on its own, because it might not be stable within the environment of a specific distro
>a lot of AUR packages pull from upstream, which means they could be very unstable
>(arch vs gentoo related) arch users complain about muh compile time when it comes to gentoo, while in fact they compile a lot of AUR packages themselves, namely the *-git packages that pull the source from a git repo
>but it gets even better: they only compile a handful of packages, and those not being libraries mostly, the self-compiled packages get linked against precompiled libraries from a different setup (e.g. different optimization levels), which can then cause even more instability because it's a clusterfuck of unequal shit
>arch uses (((systemd))) and switching to something else is hard
>apparently the vim package on arch pulls in X, so if you want to have a fancy terminal text editor on a headless server, you to install a shit ton of GUI stuff you'll never need nor use
>maintainer told the guy who complained to just symlink vi to vim (vi is inferior)

Also recommending Mint as an alternative to Arch is retarded as well.

Attached: IMG_20181220_082947.jpg (1080x6626, 1.55M)

>maintainer told the guy who complained to just symlink vi to vim
based

Why the HELL is there so much archlinux hate? is it because it's good?

>Why the HELL is there so much archlinux hate? is it because it's good?
Because Debian is no more the leader.

ITT people who cant cope with not being able to install arch

imagine being this much of a butthurt retard to pour the arch wiki and make this. And they're saying that arch users don't have a job or a life? I guarantee that whoever pulled that out of their ass has at least three chins.

Attached: arch broken cd.webm (800x600, 718K)

>has at least three chins.
an arch user wouldn't write that

Is there a link to the old guide actually
I’d bet I missed stuff in the new installation guide

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Installation_guide&action=history

here's an encryption install

Attached: 1536545464609.jpg (646x3036, 740K)

kek

He's right you know
Inb4 satania

Attached: 3BD9844F-68E5-48C8-B366-CF7D976A1A78.png (720x400, 7K)

Attached: 15488762586080.png (1523x896, 575K)

I’ve been running arch for years now thinking about switching to a distro where I can get photoshop installed easier. Tired of switching to windows.

>you don't learn anything when you do it
udumbtu cope

Attached: 1492105087699.png (920x900, 443K)

Attached: Arch X broken again.png (800x600, 17K)

Gentoofag here. You really don't learn anything by running 2 helper scripts, especially when the install is geared towards copypasting and doesn't really explain what the commands do.

>Manjaro cinnamon
>It's linux mint but with new packages
>things look good and don't break
>AUR is helpful sometimes
>arch wiki commands just paste in
>it was easy to install
>lots of gui controls so you never need to lookup xsetwacom stylus 1280 1024 on the wiki

Attached: manjaro.png (716x390, 51K)

Does the "pacman fucked up my xorg" meme ever actually happen? I've been using Arch for like 3 years now and that's not happened to me once.

I use Arch.

Attached: file.png (800x600, 86K)

It's a joke from way back when x wouldn't start without a proper configuration.

>they have an subreddit for arch
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S OVER ARCHBROS, I THOUGHT WE WERE THE ELITE, HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?

>linux, but for cuckolds who want to spend more time making sure their OS actually works than doing productive work on their computer

>"muh productivity"
>spends all day on Jow Forums

its funny because of how wrong it is, Arch is a binary distribution not source based lol

>what is the AUR
Most archfags compile.

but hes actually completely right? Arch isn't actually hard to install, the guide on the wiki makes it really simple if you can read

4channel*
And only to post progress reports on projects I'm working on and look at others for inspiration as well as ask questions.
Jow Forums is probably around the ~3rd best place on the internet for asking general questions about tech.
/diy/ and /lit/ and /ck/ are also surprisingly helpful

Yes, the absolute minimal base install is easy because you essentially just let pacstrap do it. Setting up an actually usable config is where people fail.

or you could literally use the based distro

i need my computer to work but i also like aur so i have the best of both worlds

Attached: 2019-02-05-140433_775x386_scrot.png (775x386, 55K)

>sudo pacman -S (whatever de you want)
>sudo pacman -S lightdm
its not really that hard, the hard part is actually choosing what you want and planning ahead

unironically arch is more stable than memejaro, if you want a distro that just works but also want AUR install Antergos

Attached: antergosinstall.png (1366x768, 470K)

That screenshot is outdated, shit quality but way more options in this one.

Attached: file.png (824x500, 145K)

How would an absolute linux beginner know about DEs or login managers? The arch wiki isn't helping them much since it doesn't actually explain most things in non-technical terms.

>Jow Forums is probably around the ~3rd best place on the internet for asking general questions about tech.

Attached: 1528036283194.png (1024x749, 196K)

Arch was the first linux distro I tried using.
It teaches you shit the fastest due to it being well documented compared to most other distros and having you work with the terminal from the get go.
Ubuntu might be the only distro with more beginner friendly info.

Arch's wiki is extremely useful even for other distros, practically everything I ever wanted to install already had a guide in there.
Arch also has forums where lots of things have been asked before me.

Most arch reddit posts are "cant boot". Fucking kek

That's why you don't start with arch, but desu i can't really see why arch still doesn't offer a gui or tui installer. They still can keep it "minimal"
debian can do it, void can do it. It's almost like arch wants to keep some kind of status

Debian Sid works fine for me

>Its annoying to install
>But keep telling yourself "only gotta do this once"
>Finally get everything set up and running smoothly
>A week goes by
>Update
>Breaks Arch
>Don't want to go through the installation process again
>Just go to Fedora instead

theme pls

Or just use AUI or Artix

Gotta love this distro as well. Cinnamon is a darned good DE with sane configs that work. Arch breaks the second you turn it on

Attached: 9effd66d.jpg (432x341, 22K)

>things look good and don't break
>Manjaro
Manjaro broke more often for me than Arch did
>arch wiki commands just paste in
and this is what caused this.
just like you can have a FrankenDebian you can have a FrankenArch.
If you want AUR, if you want the latest software and if you want to be able to fix and downgrade easily incase something breaks, just get Arch
I'm still thankful for Manjaro existing though, because it pointed me in the right direction

Attached: 1548952704310.jpg (1024x683, 114K)

>muh ganoo/laxative
Thank god Windows exists

while you are too fucking dumb even to grasp why he does it

What's wrong with its config protection? Also, doesn't Arch have a testing repo?

>Seething

>imagine not installing hardened or zen

>why does he fix his config files every time he updates
>why does he spend litarally days of his life changing the color and font of his desktop
Clearly it's because he wants to learn linux. Clearly.

Attached: the_virgin_ubuntu_user_vs__the_chad_arch_user_by_phracker-dc45x89.png (3210x1024, 547K)

Manjaro has broke for me only twice and I had to fix the kernel both times by booting to a live cd and chrooting.
Fun each time that happens.
And no, it wasn't my fault.

it's just the default for the Terminus terminal emulator running on Windows.

Attached: two losers.png (3210x1024, 651K)

>uses Wine to run IDA Pro
Fucking dumbass. Hex-Rays literally ships a Linux version.

Attached: 1451102550370.png (1200x1200, 78K)

Attached: 463f2e5499aa16ee69349c80c36dfabc118d44fb025d38c966ae550e716c419f.png (383x400, 23K)

Attached: 1448473389072.png (1360x1392, 129K)

Attached: 1520129018606.jpg (2133x1200, 216K)

Attached: 1545496945653.png (1920x1080, 336K)