>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X or i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: 1357679423689.gif (256x204, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/7904/corsair-graphite-760t-case-review
techspot.com/products/cases/corsair-graphite-760t.101156/
tweaktown.com/reviews/6194/corsair-graphite-760t-full-tower-chassis-review/index.html
guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-graphite-series-760t-review,1.html
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16820226776
buildcomputers.net/hdd-temperature.html
gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/battlefield-v-test-gpu-cpu-2018
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for allahu ackbar

inshallah

ok faggots find me a case for my new pc

hurry up i dont have all day

just pick one cunt what the fuck is wrong with you

intel 9700k
noctua d15s
6x noctua redux pwm fans
gigabyte rtx 2080
asus z390-i
corsair lpx 32gb 2400mgz
corsair sf750
4 ssds + 1 nvme
fractal design define nano s

r8?

Attached: bild.jpg (3024x3024, 1.9M)

no fuck you asshole you pick one for me i want a good one too make sure you post it quick alright

>>
Depends on what you like, if you're into non RGB get a Corsair 200R, I somehow found a 300R at microcenter but it was the last one because everything else was RGB tempered bullshit.

Attached: 300R.jpg (1197x1331, 687K)

can get a 2-3TB hdd for the same price as a 500GB SSD

is it really worth 16% of the capacity?

Attached: hdd_vs_ssd_bz[1].png (1448x931, 656K)

I picked this one for my latest build

anandtech.com/show/7904/corsair-graphite-760t-case-review
techspot.com/products/cases/corsair-graphite-760t.101156/
tweaktown.com/reviews/6194/corsair-graphite-760t-full-tower-chassis-review/index.html
guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-graphite-series-760t-review,1.html

wtf you need such a big case for?

looks good but im looking for one of those glass cases with an open side. if i wasn't gonna get one of those id probably get that though. very good taste. im expecting other anons to have even shittier taste than myself.

the rgb lightshows are a joke but sometimes they might look nice. i've seen some decent red theme'd cases work out nicely.

for me the big draw is the speed. it's worth it for me. but if your budget doesn't allow go for the quantity if you know you'll use it. in my opinion you're an asshole if you buy a 3 TB HDD and only use 100 gb on average. just buy a fucking 500 gb SSD and be happy with blazing speeds you prick.

If you don't already have your operating system running of ssd, yes, especially with the dropping prices

There are some nice tempered cases that weren't RGB I saw that werent RGB, I'm just into solid panel cases with 5.25 bays.

the 3 x 5.25 bays, 6x 3.5 bays and 4 x 2.5 slots will all be populated and I ill be installing 3 pcie cards besides the graphics card as well

ease of maintenance access to both sides is huge plus

>that weren't RGB I saw that werent RGB
Damn I need to sleep.

How big of a difference is there between PCIe and SATA for SSDs?

I'm looking at the 1TB Crucial MX500 but thinking maybe PCIe is a better choice.

99% form factor requirement
put it wherever most convenient

PCIe will not make you boot much faster, just gives you more bandwidth if you're into video editing off the SSD or want the most bandwidth, an SSD running off sata is still fast as fuck, I get 428MB/s on the 850 pro and it's super snappy.

I'm considering a new drive because between my external 1TB, internal 1TB and legacy 320GB drive I'm still running out of space. 500GB will clear up some space but I don't know for how long. I want the speed but prices for 1TB SSD's seem a bit high. 2 or 3TB more would definitely keep me in the green for a long time at a lower price.

I'd get the Asrock board but with fewer drives. Like what do you need all those SSDs for?

why (and more importantly, how) have you mounted cooler and GPU in the case without a motherboard user? what dark magic is this

Rtx 2060 for $580 Australian or Vega 56 for $500?

Do all 2060’s get you a Battlefield V code regardless of where you buy?

CPU - AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor
GPU - AMD Radeon R9 290 4gb
Ram - 8gb DDR3
SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250gb
HD - 1TB
Monitor - 60hz LG EW224 21.5" Widescreen

I primarily play Battlefield titles as well as the flavor of the month FPS. Currently I average 50 to 70 frames while playing Battlefield 1 or V.

I guess I am wondering if I need to get a better monitor (144hz) first, upgrade my CPU, or put money into a GPU?

My end goal is max frames i dont care about looks

Should I sell my 1080 Ti and buy a 2080?
How much would my 1080 Ti sell for?
It's an EVGA SC2 1080 Ti.

not much of an upgrade. keep waiting

it fits, why not? i probably should have gone with the asrock but this one works
itx bro

Should I jump on a Radeon Vega VII GPU (this naming convention confuses the fucking hell out of me) or wait for Navi?
I want to ditch my 1080 Ti and jump on the AMD train, more so because I want to get the fuck away from Nvidia than support AMD.

is any of the new AMD stuff out yet? afaik nobody knows how fast it is yet

There's no info outside of amd sources on how good or bad is Radeon 7. You should wait for Navi, or at least for reviews to come out about Radeon 7.

Based FX can still be used for gaming, but you'll want to upgrade to a ryzen 2400G or better to get better single core performance and framerate.

Is there even a chance that Navi will be more powerful than GTX 1080 Ti AND Radeon 7?

Is the 1060 the 3 gb or 6 gb?

Just 60hz 1080p dual monitor setup. There's non professional video editing going on if that matters

WHEN THE FUCK DO WE GET SPECS, PRICES, AND A RELEASE DATE FOR ZEN 2? ;_;

6, the 3 need not exist.
Soon™

What happened to pc cases?

Attached: 11-112-084-02.jpg (640x480, 21K)

Normies happened, give me a black box with lots of bays and good airflow for about $80 and I'm fine. the 300R was pretty much a baby 750D airflow for those on a budget.

Attached: Drawing2.jpg (1600x1985, 1.41M)

looking for a USB drive. Is this a good one? I'm looking for a quick one. It's an older model
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16820226776

how bad would swapping to sata or nvme ssd be for regular pc tasks like tabbing out of games to browsers and what not
anyone got any comparisions

what do you guys think? thoughts, advice, shitposting, bullshit AMD vs Intel bants, something about geforce versus whatever else, heck piss on the case even
I'm a bit over budget but won't buy in less than a month anyway

Attached: file.png (650x761, 84K)

if you want quick tabbing out of games play in full-screen windowed mode

More storage on the SSD or grab a cheap TB HD

cool but im asking how bad swapping would be to an ssd

pretty dumb honestly but I like how many ITX guys are in here today. Almost everything in this list has an obvious better alternative. Even a phone could do what you want to do, why even spend so much?

So i have this computer i built a few years ago and now i kind of want to upgrade

I think upgrading ram and GPU would be enough but im not sure what to get though

Any ideas? I dont wanna go too hard

Attached: Capture.png (640x444, 22K)

You have a 1080Ti and want to downgrade to a pooga/poovi? What a retard.

Geen ram nodig kerel?

what memory and how much?

I'd almost recommend upping the ssd from 250gb to 500gb right off the bat .. but that could be just my personal preferences

Get a high end pascal card at most if you want to keep riding on Z97, which was a great platform.

it's a starter, extra storage will come later, I have plenty of externals and a left-over HDD for the time being

ah fuck I knew I forgot something kek
updated :3
now I really need to cut the budget off of something fugg
it'll probably be off the initial M.2 and the mobo
RIP fancy dumb LED's

the AMD alternative is also like 50e less or so but I can't bring myself to buy AMD, I just never did since I was a kid

Attached: file.png (645x846, 99K)

Trying again
It’s basically right next to the gpu where it gets hot. I have 2 intakes on my rad, one intake of air from the bottom and 3 exhaust; two top and one back. The case is an S2 though so it’s not got the greatest airflow.

Pic related. I have the 3 exhaust sharing a single fan header via y splitter into y splitter, should I rearrange them to have their own headers? Would that be a cause for the low RPM on exhaust? Also would having the psu fan going down mean the other intake fan is drawing in hot air from underneath?

Attached: BD80FA1F-A52C-4FA9-8C3D-F3366BD4B623.jpg (2000x2000, 670K)

If this is your honest build for browsing the web you're retarded honestly. You could spend half that and still enjoy your time.

I'm not terribly well versed in these things so if you could explain in a way a beginner would understand that'd be great

you're venting hot air from the CPU back INTO the case and onto the GPU. You should reverse the fans on the radiator or put the radiator at the top of the case.

The highest end card I'd get for your PC would be the Nvidia Geforce 1070ti/1080ti.

not only that, but your CPU fans are spinning MUCH quicker than your exhaust fans. Add that into the fact that your GPU is probably using a really slow fan curve. Stock fan curves are usually rather lazy.

the important thing is getting hot air out of the case at a certain rate. you only have to be careful of pockets dead air where circulation is bad.

Any leaked benchmarks so far?

Your GPU is hot because you’re blasting it with intake coming off your radiator. Your radiator should always be exhausting hot air. Swap your radiator for the two fans on the top. Everything else looks correct, but I’m pretty sure most if not all PSU’s intake air from the bottom and vent out the back. Shouldn’t be a concern either way, however, since it’s a closed system and it’s not contributing to the airflow in your case in any way.

Bumping first question.
Turns out BFV isn’t free with RTX in all cases

I'm want to switch over from console to PC. I'm trying to put together something that can at least match the xbonex.

Requirements

4k gameplay at 30+fps on at least medium settings

4k Blu Ray drive

Must include controller in price

Must include legit copy of Windows

since the xbonex is $400 and I know a PC is going to cost a little more my budget is $600

Of course there's a chance, but it's a very very small one since it's still a GCN(read: "trash") design
Navi is most likely going to be a 7nm version of polaris which will in true AMD fashion be a stop gap until they get their high end cards out at an indeterminate time in 2020, likely after nvidia releases their 7nm shit.

30 FPS 4k is possible with midrange hardware, but you will feel like committing suicide. I don't know why you would want a Blu-Ray or care that your Windoze is legit. $600 might be enough for a 1080p 60 FPS low/medium settings machine with all AMD components, but it will quickly drop below 60 FPS with games releasing in the next year, definitely within two years.

Not him, but do you advise against buying a gcn card now? I just want 1080p60 but don’t want to be turning downsettings too far to achieve it

I'd give up on bluray on PC if i were you.
The DRM is a mess, look into it to see if it's worth hassle to you over just getting an old ps3 or something

how would 30fps be that bad, I play at that every day on console?

I have a massive collection of blu-ray movies, some of them 4k.

windows must be legit because I'm not a pirate

just get a certified player software, usually comes bundled with the drive. and there's always the slysoft stuff.

4k is going to be much more expensive on a pc than a console because consoles use adaptive resolution scaling and checkerboarding, where on PC you are 100% native most of the time. so you need a much more powerful gpu.

Scratch that, the Vega 56 is now out of stock, but B&H have the evga 2060 Xc for around au$560 including battlefield (or anthem). To me that seems like a good deal, no?

Nah the 570/580 are cheap enough be worth it, it's just the architecture is garbage technologically.
It doesn't scale up for shit which supposed to be the thing GPUs are best at and it seems to need HBM at higher performance levels which ensures they can never make it cost effective.
I just don't think AMD can fix all this shit with minor changes to architecture, but i'm not exactly sure they can't. Just really skeptical

Your connected devices also need to be up to spec.
Though that may have changed. I tried it a while ago and it refused to play anything until i disconnected my DVI connected monitor presumably because it thought i was going to be a dirty pirate through it somehow.

Are ‘medium’ graphics still better than PS4 Pro?

Depends on the game but medium is generally the same as ps4 pro.

This, people often forget that a modern mid range card or high end card of old are light years ahead of consoles, GTA V maxxed on my 7970 isn't 60fps, but it's not even 60 on the consoles and max settings looks better.

Is Zotac considered a good brand for NVIDIA GPUs?

Attached: 1536973608558.jpg (838x642, 60K)

>two drives mounted in the floor of the case
God I fucking hate that shit, I was looking at the $130 Air 540 and it only can fit two 3.5 inch hard drives in there, and 4 SSDs in the back, when my 300R has 4 bays that can fit a 2.5 or 3.5 drive and still has three 5.25 bays where you can adapt it for more drives, also the 200R they still produce for $64 fits 4 SSDs and 4 hard drives so these faggy cases are even more btfo.

I don't understand this waste of space, it's not even like cooling is an issue, hard drives run really cool even when you have 4 sitting on top of each other.

The cooler they can get a hard drive the longer its life will be.

Only for sff builds because they are literally the only ones making mini gpus.

buildcomputers.net/hdd-temperature.html

Pretty much all the brands are fine

Consoles are their own beasts. Pretty hard to tell the difference from PC Medium or High and PS4 Pro

>it's just the architecture is garbage technologically
Irrelevant even if you believe that because consoles have Radeon graphics, in other words there's plenty developer and engine support for GCN.

>where on PC you are 100% native most of the time
Soon engines will be updated with checker boarding. Some already have dynamic res scaling.

GCN is great because consoles are GCN.

>now I really need to cut the budget
Check the prices on the equivalent AMD offerings. R5 2600 and 8GB RX 570 / 580. You can save some money buy getting a cheaper SSD like the SX6000

Bogus user, I had a seagate barracuda 1TB from 10 years ago recently got so slow with it's bad sectors I stopped using it, but it never died and I never lost any data, that drive would hit 38C, and never had a problem.

Is it true that the faster 6gb in the rtx 2060 is ultimately better than 8gb gddr5 in a 1070?

This pic made me mad, post useful cases.

Attached: CC-9011023-WW-200R_002.png (800x708, 275K)

RAM is fine, need new monitor (144Hz VA if you play anything action) and graphics card to get rid of your money.

Wait for Navi

No

New CPU / platform first, along with a new 144Hz VA monitor
gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/battlefield-v-test-gpu-cpu-2018

Really depends on the resolution you're running. Below 1440p you're still not going need over 4 GB VRAM, but the higher speed will of course benefit you. Doesn't really justify the price though when you can get a 1080 or 1070 Ti used for significantly less.

I was wondering how anyone could get a hdd below 25 degrees and i just remembered people live in colder places than i do.
I guess it's a matter of perspective for both of us. Where I live winder temperatures only go below 10C a handful of times a year and summer is almost perpetually 30C or higher.
I just forgot I have a kind of extreme situation here.

I’m too risk averse to buy used, and really the used prices seem too high anyway. How about this; what’s better at 1440p - a 2060 or a 1070 Ti?

6GB, the 3GB is just a scam

>GCN is great because consoles are GCN.
What a retardedly simplistic view of things.
I suppose that's why we've been seeing all these titles that a better optimized for AMD than nvidia
Consoles being x86 also fixed all the bad console ports too. What a time to be alive

howd i do?

Attached: ssd.png (1037x465, 87K)

>Pretty much all the brands are fine except KF2, powercolor, pny, palit, inno3d

JUST

How are the small factor cpu liquid coolers like the h60? if I don't want to shell out 150 for the h100, should I go for it?

Thoughts on mATX cases?
I dont need multiple gpu’s or HDDs so why not save some space?

What's the best top down cooler?
I'd love something similar to a stock cooler, but the best I could find in the same style was the CM MasterAir G100M, but they're still about $65 AUD excluding shipping.
Is there any better, or would I be stuck with a tower cooler if air?

Why did NieR turn out shit on PC?

explain

It didn't, that's all in your imagination because consoles use PC hardware.

Omg lmao I love this gif haha
I can't stop watching it lol haha
Mind if I keep it?