Help Jow Forums, will this fit in a M.2 slot?

Help Jow Forums, will this fit in a M.2 slot?

Attached: IMG_20190204_170053_noexif.jpg (2976x3968, 2.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6kb6mA25bpQ
thinkwiki.org/wiki/Custom_BIOS
osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/2120-inventory-of-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-1-snow-leopard-el-capitan/
osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11138-inventory-of-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-2-sierra-mojave/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no thats a pcie1x card

no you need an AGP slot

This is that card next to a PCIe slot. The card is supposed to be for a laptop, not a desktop. It was sold to me as a M2 NGFF card, but when I look at what they're supposed to look like there is usually two notches in the pins?

Attached: IMG_20190204_170819_noexif.jpg (2976x3968, 2.51M)

Nope, it's fine.

so it should fit in a normal M.2 slot like this one?

Attached: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS27mLvrr8k_-QQKeiNGpWXaK_mfivyHrHHyNAFWE3Flr5-JZ2E.jpg (253x199, 8K)

depends on the laptop. some use nonstandard special models so normal parts wont fit. like the thinkpads that have thinner hdds than normal laptops.

the goal is to put this in a T440s for a hackintosh project... I'm skeptical it'll fit just based on what images I've seen of normal M.2 A E cards

The key spacing is the same, it just doesn't have the rightmost key which doesn't have pins anyway. Just try it out.

it will always fit in the connector but it might be too long or something. just google it or check it when you open the thing.

>macshit
Found your problem.

I mean it's for someone who apparently has to have macOS for college. I'd rather they not waste $800 on a used macbook if I can help it

>has to have macOS for college.
The fuck? Can this actually be a requirement?

it's not an official requirement but the textbooks literally have ONLY mac instructions. it's dumb

I remember hackintoshing my T440p with a Dell wlan card and shit just werks even with the modded T450 touchpad.
Reinstalled W7 after a while to play hentai games though.

I've already hackintoshed a x220 for myself and it's ultra comfy. I even got mojave working with a triple boot and 2 SSDs. my friend saw it and wanted something similar, just more modern and larger which is why we went with the t440s

>ONLY mac instructions

you can learn to use photoshop on windows if your IQ is higher than 50 and you have the ability to pay $10,000/semester to be taught to use photoshop without the textbook telling you which icon to click on next

Damn that's pretty stupid, you could probably just learn what to do in windows/gnu+linux though but hackintosh can be a fun thing to do, good luck.

it's not that they don't know how to use photoshop, it's just a required program for the class and the provided learning material only use mac instructions. the teacher is ultra obsessed with mac and apparently buys a fucking new one every revision so I am not surprised it's a pseudo-requirement

Macos is cancerous proprietary trash and ONLY accepts certain wlan cards without massive hackjobs.
Order a DW1510 and just replace the one in the laptop with it. Don't bother with the empty M2 slot.
youtube.com/watch?v=6kb6mA25bpQ

Attached: 1525591096661.jpg (640x640, 39K)

Also, despite everything else Lelnovo does right, one of the few bullshit things they pull is a WLAN card whitelist that you need to reflash a custom BIOS to remove. It'll be necessary to use the DW1510.
>t. T420 owner with DW1510 on macos for the occasional mac user I run into that needs data recovery

how to reflash it with gnu/linux

by not using a meme OS

i dont want to spend a hour installing windows just to run one program

I've already got the BIOS flasher ordered for the project so I can whitelist the approved card list. Only problem is the size... I've already got a few DW1510 cards, but the T440s only has two on board M.2 slots, no PCIe. That's why I ordered the DW1560 pictured in my OP

Install Windows and use winflash.
thinkwiki.org/wiki/Custom_BIOS

can i install windows 2000 or something else that does not have a slow installer?

DW1560 doesn't work at all on memeOS nigger.
osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/2120-inventory-of-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-1-snow-leopard-el-capitan/

You're better off selling the T440 and getting a T420/T430 with a normal 1/3 height PCIe WLAN card slot. There's like maybe 10% CPU speed difference between them.

Meant to post
osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11138-inventory-of-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-2-sierra-mojave/

u sure

Attached: Snipaste_2019-02-04_18-04-34.png (800x114, 18K)

just ask your discord group

>OOB
>N
Into the trash it goes.

did you guys torrent the OS ?

no you get it directly from the apel app store

/thread
macniggers

Attached: 1519711180836.png (400x1650, 367K)

> fixable with kext patch
no u
you have to have a mac to make the hackintosh install media, it's dumb but there are ways around it. I downloaded a pre-made vmware image and then created a USB installer from that.

just file the notches

have you even bothered to google, you retarded fucking mongoloid op?

Attached: I0MC5qcGc=.jpg (675x400, 53K)

I was thinking that might work? looking at the slot in some teardown images/videos it looks like the rightmost "E" notch is the one my card doesn't have. I could file down the little plastic stopper and see if that lets me put the card in...
that's the reason I made the thread, I didn't know there was even such a thing as a non A E slotted M.2

what is performance like on newer thinkpads for hackintosh ?
my t440p (base i5, and 8gig) is coming in the mai, will mojahe run worse then windows ?

>will mojahe run worse then windows ?
Yes. macOS has always been 2x 3x more bloated than Windows.

Attached: 1546168768925.jpg (1238x912, 223K)

are you a pajeet

why ? first time someone accused me of being indian

by default mojave ran cooler and at a lower clockspeed than w10 ltsc for me. Linux runs the best out of all three, but mojave's performance is still quite impressive even though my x220 isn't even supported by hackintosh standards. 2nd gen i5s shouldn't even be able to run mojave but someone made a patch for legacy devices

Attached: worksonmymachine.png (200x193, 31K)