That's right. Piracy is is perhaps the biggest crime against humanity. There's really no excuse

That's right. Piracy is is perhaps the biggest crime against humanity. There's really no excuse

>But what if I can't afford it?
There are many things we can't afford. Being poor doesn't justify taking something
>They aren't really losing money by me taking it
You are stealing. You take without paying for it. You wouldn't do this at a store
>But everyone does it
That doesnt make it right. If everyone jumped off a bridge would you?

Attached: mac-users.jpg (700x661, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This post was bought to you by the Recording Industry Association of America.

Stealing implies something was taken - piracy creates a copy.

You are insinuating the companies' loss of revenue is my problem.

You fucking retard.

I pirate BECAUSE it means that the manufacturer is losing money from it.
The thought that my act of rebellion might just be the push that one day forces some jewish megacorp on its knees gives me such a massive erection.
Sometimes I pirate software I don't even need just to seed it to other pirates, masturbating furiously while looking at all the people leeching.

Attached: ahem2.png (808x853, 749K)

>megacorporations are losing money
Forgive me if I hold back the tears.

based

...soooo about this Icloud lock ?

To steal you have to actually take something away from someone else. This isn't theft its making a copy. Which carries no amount of moral grey.

Yeah, if you are too poor to afford the thing anyway, you weren't going to buy it. So in that case, pirating does no harm.

gentoo

Attached: 1526931823542.jpg (1920x1080, 296K)

I agree with everything you said, piracy is evil.
Don't want to start another thread so can anyone help me reset the BIOS password on my thinkpad t480? I was drunk when i set it up and i forgot it

Lose power..

All of us have rights. The people who created whatever it is you stole have a right to prohibit copies. Individual copies are extremely unethical. If widespread enough losses can become significant. Again you seem to not understand you don't take something of value without paying for it from a jewelry store.

That sounds pretty fucked. Can you boot out if BIOS?

Mods, some /v/irgin guy here is leaking out of his containment place!

You mean by removing the small battery inside?
I did this on my old pc some time ago
I can't boot

I go out of my way to pirate expensive stuff for fun a lot. It feels pretty good. So much money saved. I don't care about morals or politics. I just like taking.

The people who created have a right to prohibit making copies. That means you're not forced to redistribute it - you can keep the binary+source code to yourself.
The moment you give a copy to someone else, it's THEIR copy, and trying to limit what they do with it in any way is immoral.

Attached: Bowsette CTF.jpg (900x802, 174K)

I might be too retard... can u tell me more? I'm already lurking planet.gentoo.org...

I wish that were true, but we live in highly immoral place. Any software copy you own, you don't actually own you own the license to use it.

>Piracy is is perhaps the biggest crime against humanity.
Not rape/murder/etc.?

fag OP

*proceeds to torrent 3 games, 5 films, and 1 entire TV show season all at once*

Attached: 824.png (390x301, 160K)

absolutely basado and redpilado

what are ya gonna do about it ya filthy LAN lubber?

Murder is a service to humanity.

Attached: 1527378720977.png (1051x548, 719K)

And thats why no one cares. That makes no sense what so ever.

World A: No one pirates. Companies make games and software with the incentive that people will buy it since no one pirates.

World B: Everyone pirates. Companies have no incentive to create games and software since they'll just get it pirated away from them. With no companies making things, there becomes nothing to pirate thus piracy is impossible.

World B is a paradoxical world where everyone pirates yet no one pirates. If piracy was a logically good thing to do then we could have everyone do said thing without creating a paradox. Therefore we must strive for World A if our ethics are to logically make any sense.

Attached: 1549086958412.jpg (590x443, 50K)

we live in a society

youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 11.54.35-fullpage.png (872x1813, 599K)

Speaking of piracy, are they any good sharing forums (preferably english speaking) for releasing original films or other rare content? I don't want to be seeding torrents on this connection nor bother with VPNs or seedboxes. I'd rather upload it one time and let others spread it.

This. Pirates pirate because they ABSOLUTELY refuse to pay for something. If they can't get it from free, they'll just go do something else, they will never pay for it even if it were $1.

>ethics

Attached: kek franku.png (300x300, 112K)

>taking logically paradoxical actions
nigger

>giving a shit about muh society instead of just BTFOing the jews and stealing their shit like a pirate on the high seas
C U C K
U
C
K

But on the other hand, after pirating, they will "shill" your content for free by talking about it.

>HOW DARE YOU HARM THESE MULTI MILLION DOLLARS COMPANIES, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED
calm down grandpa, I ain't stealing some kid's candy.

You do own it, it's just that corporations force unjust EULAs and contracts upon you. They also own congresses and lawmakers from most countries, so they make laws that maximize their profits. Very rarely we manage to fight back.

>t. will never own a company
lol wageslave

you don't own one either NEET

Not yet. A dumb anti-company nigger like you never will though, you'll just steal and complain like niggers always do.

>World A: you don't think anything
>World B: You get the ocean pumped into you
>see, world B is illogical, you can't pump an ocean into a single person
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

You fucking moron. If something's logically good to do then everyone should be able to do it. We take a look at both cases and see which action or inaction is logically sound.

Intellectual property doesn't exist, therefore piracy is bullshit.

Fuck, I meant you don't drink anything

Attached: 1501172330759.gif (307x248, 1000K)

>hurr durr you can't pirate shit and own a company durr

Attached: brainlet wojak (no head).png (645x729, 58K)

>You wouldn't do this at a store
Yeah I fucking would, do you really think I would continue giving my money to supercorporations like a good goy if I had a food pirater?
Not that it matters in practice since it's never gonna be physically possible

>Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

>Not putting this on every piece of code you write
Only way we can win

Attached: DOnKVr2.jpg (1080x1331, 135K)

I don't worry about the morality of torrenting. I will get it for free if I can, I will not pay for it as long as I can get away with it. I will steal every chance I get, and I do not feel bad about it.

Just last week I bought a CD, ripped it and uploaded it on OPS, then returned it to the store and got my money back. It was a small band and they needed the money, but I don't care.

>It's only bad if it happens to me
Perfect nigger logic, well done.

>you wouldn't do this at a store
hell yeah I would, do you think I want to pay to exist.

>nigger
is that all you got cuck? go back to sucking mr. Shekelberg's dick while I enjoy my free software

>If something's logically good to do then everyone should be able to do it.
That's nonsense. Olive oil is good for you, but if everyone used olive oil in products instead of palm oil there would be massive environmental consequences. Arguing that olive oil should be illegal is obviously retarded, though.

Attached: jew computer.jpg (1111x597, 433K)

>while I enjoy my free software
It's a proprietary botnet, but dumb nigs don't know the difference.

If everyone used olive oil then companies would grow more olives. Consuming olive oil would only be logically bad if consuming olive oil made it impossible to consume olive oil, thus a logical paradox. It doesn't create a paradox so is logically sound

how does that jew dick taste user?

>If something's logically good to do then everyone should be able to do it.
What the fuck does that even mean.
>We take a look at both cases and see which action or inaction is logically sound.
Not both cases, two cases. You have to prove that the problem is entirely encompassed by those cases. But what's more important is that you have to prove that the outcome is either non-increasing or non-decreasing for the possibilities you've encompassed, because if it's not there can be a better (or worse) outcome between those two points you provided. As is the case for the problem at hand.

>It's a proprietary botnet
paid for software is a botnet. pirated software isn't. you have no real argument to make and are just spouting Jow Forums memes in a failed attempt to sound smart at this point. typical nigger.

I don't think you understand. These are two HYPOTHETICAL worlds to explain in a concrete way how if everyone did some action if it would create a paradox.

Here, another example: loans. People only give out loans because they expect them to be paid back. But what if you didn't pay it back, is that logically good? Well if it's good then everyone should be able to do it without creating a paradox. However, it's literally impossible for everyone to stop paying off loans without creating a paradox (no one pays back loan -> no one offers loan -> no loan to not pay back in the first place -> paradox)

>if I don't pay money then the botnet parts of the software don't activate
How fucking stupid can you be?

>if people do thing a lot it's bad
>if people don't do thing at all it's bad
yeah no shit

No, it's not "bad" you fucking retard. It's literally impossible, it's a paradox. How many fucking times must I say it?

>If everyone used olive oil then companies would grow more olives. Consuming olive oil would only be logically bad if consuming olive oil made it impossible to consume olive oil, thus a logical paradox. It doesn't create a paradox so is logically sound
Olive oil production is terrible for the environment and is unsustainable, so yes it would result in it being impossible to consume olive oil, at least for a vast majority of people. You were too stupid to understand the analogy.

honestly just keep saying it since everyone is baiting your jew ass anyways.

That's pretty debatable. We could hypothetically terraform Mars into a olive growing paradise to supply everyone. My point is no logical contract is broken by buying olive oil unlike unpaid loans and software piracy that creates a LOGICAL (not logistical) paradox

it's cracked software user. if anything it should be less likely to be a botnet then shlomo approved paid for software, but by all means be a freetard and exclusively use opensource shit that barely even works in the first place. don't forget to wrap tinfoil around your head while you're at it.

>OY VEY GIVE ME SHEKELS OR YOU'RE CREATING A PARADOX GOY

Attached: jew_basic (1).jpg (600x600, 42K)

Yes, and people will hypothetically (not really, they 100% would) create art whether or not they're being paid for it.

It's you who doesn't understand. I wasn't criticizing the theoreticality of the exampes. I was criticizing offering a back/white possibility situation without proof that these 2 cases are maximums and minimums for the outcome.

You extrapolated "100% piracy is bad/illogical" into "piracy is bad/illogical".

Here's an example: throwing a ball at an infinitely small angle from the floor will throw it farther than a throw at 90 degrees (aka straight up). However, the outcome is not monotonic, so there could be a better outcome in-between those points (and there is). Same with piracy, read the EU report

I'll pirate things I want to try out but have no intention of buying. I've downloaded hundreds of games I've played for 30 minutes, then uninstalled after I got bored..

dont thinkpads store the password on a eeprom or something? i heard you had to short two legs of some chip to reset the password but it might apply to older models not the new ones

Wow it's almost like hobbyist art and drawing 100 3D variations of a bush for a AAA game are different things. Huh.

There's only two cases to consider. Why? I'm only asking if something is logically good to do. What's that mean? It means everyone can do it without creating a logical paradox.

>you don't wanna gimme your shekels? You're logically wrong
>also you're a paradox
the absolute state of Jow Forums

cant wait until dystopian future where i cannot modify or sell my used car because i have a license and not a car

I wish pirating actually hurt companies, it would be really easy to kill companies I dislike that way.

catch me if you can faggot :^)

>Wow it's almost like hobbyist art and drawing 100 3D variations of a bush for a AAA game are different things. Huh.
They are different, but I don't value having 100 3d variations of bushes. The former serves the same purpose without wasting resources on superficial bullshit. One of my favorite games of all time is a free game made in ASCII by an autist on his spare time.

FUCK YOU, I'LL PIRATE YOUR MOM.

Stupid faggot, these companies are job creators. We need to actually support them.

Fuck having a job, I can just live off welfare

just imagine how much pajeets and chinks you could leave jobless

That's not true. I pirate almost everything, but I've purchased albums for $1 several times.

I'll support them when they make libre software and support said software they've made.

Take your Judeo-Christian morals and shove them up your ass faggot. I'm not paying for your shit software, go suck a dick. The only thing bad about piracy is that it stops people from just making a better, open source platform.

look at you and your narrow little worldview. The problem is that world B assumes that money has value and represent anything more than stolen labor. Go be a Jew somewhere else.

>There's only two cases to consider. Why? I'm only asking if something is logically good to do. What's that mean? It means everyone can do it without creating a logical paradox.
Ok, so I presume you're just lost? Because here we discuss the morality, the technical possibility and impact of piracy; not your "logical good".

I need to shit, I'll go do it in my toilet. However if everybody on earth did the same, that would be impossible, they won't fit, neither will their shit. It would be possible if everyone shat on the streets. Should I start shitting on the street because it's "logically good"? No, because it's a irrelevant & trash metric some stupid user made up while packpedaling on his comments.

Attached: 1507040978489.jpg_thumbnail.png (240x267, 116K)

Nonsense, world C: Rich people pay and those who cant afford it pirate, everyone is happy.

How old were you when you found out you had autism? Did you throw screaming fits as a child? I bet you threw screaming fits as a child. You're basing all of your arguments off of circular logic and hypothetical questions. I wonder who the male figure in your life is..

>open source
Open source is pro communism. You are dirty commie if you support freetard software.

But are loans even a good thing? Maybe you should look into your arguments with a little more nuance. You sound like the kind of kid who was good at math but failed literally every other subject.

Gotta go but this was fun.

I'm Kant btw

Remember that "killing myself if my name is $YOUR_NAME" would not be paradoxical if everyone on earth did it, as such it is logically good and you should do it

friendly reminder that Kant is trash and Hegel is based and any philosophyfag worth their salt knows this

I didn't even know it was possible for one man to be this based, but here we are.

Attached: 1521817962772.png (1200x603, 872K)

Wasted trips riddled with false dichotomy

Based and redpilled.

>law applied to you the little guy citizen
It's the spirit of the law now go to prison
>law applied to plutocrats and their pet limited liability corporations
Well technically speaking 100 years of copyright is still "limited" goy so pay up.

Intelectual 'property' XD

I don't pay for shit made by weirdos and trannies, which is most of silicon valley. I don't pay for Microsoft Pajeetware 10 because the OS itself is shit, and I'm just using it as a launcher for applications. What I do give money to is open source operating system projects I enjoy, such as Q4OS, OpenBSD, and Haiku. I've also given small donations to GIMP and Libre Office because I find those to be useful. I have money but I'm still not paying for your closed source SJW shit, faggot.

>That's right. Intellectual property is is perhaps the biggest crime against humanity. There's really no excuse
FTFY

Poor slav countries like Ukraine, Hungary, Poland or Romania even don't realize that they are steal something when download some music or movie, show. Who cares about copyrighters, they aren't even human being, moreover most music/TV series/movies services even don't officially work in those countries/doesn't work with local national currencies/doesn't translate in their native language so piracy is only way to get something.