AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AMD DRONES BTFO

Attached: LOL.png (812x541, 581K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wkNdU626Kgg
youtube.com/watch?v=TqYrvexML-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>taking comedy out of context to shitpost on a mongolian basket weaving forum
There's still time to turn your life around, user.

>if

Attached: 1541679039409.jpg (250x240, 4K)

Even within context the Radeon 7 is still a joke.

They will still sell all 50,000

damn, what a great looking reference card

How would they know? The drivers aren't released yet.

Reminds me of this badass card. AMD thermal design guys make great looking cards with functionality to match.

Attached: amd-radeon-hd-7990.jpg (680x407, 81K)

>who are you quoting

The thermal graphite pad is very interesting and I am curious to see how good it is. If only they didn't hotglue the damn thing in between the pad and the die.

Also I haven't seen a single unmolded die on the Radeon VII disassembly videos in contrast to the Vega 56/64 dies. Seems like they are all molded now which is probably for the best from a mounting standpoint but really not sure if all the resin mold is a good heat conductor. Is there a better material to use here?

stop kvetching and just buy it

I was wanting a water block for it but I'm growing on how nice the card looks

>290X

Attached: amdfanboy1235.png (653x726, 91K)

>not 7 fans
>not 7 fan blades per fan
>not 7Gb VRAM
>not $700
AMD fucked up

Yeah, like the 2080 Ti costing 2080USD.

tech press get drivers ahead of launch. Nvidia does the same

I'm almost thinking about buying the Radeon VII. Not because I need an upgrade, but because it looks so fucking good. The upgraded performance will just be a bonus kek

Attached: 1536135679049.jpg (4147x3110, 913K)

>buying a graphics card for its looks
cases with a window were a mistake

Attached: dumber.png (241x209, 7K)

>thinks package with bling shit for reviewers will be available for retail
lmao, nu-mental retard are getting worse everyday

It reminds me of the XFX 7990.

Attached: 2436-front[1].jpg (512x224, 36K)

I really wish they sent out retail boxes

>cases with a window were a mistake
You still can't see them since most graphics cards are horizontally mounted. And anyone that vertically mounts them destroys their thermals.

>tech press get drivers ahead of launch. Nvidia does the same
They do. But they aren't release yet, TO THE PRESS.
They only got the GPUs yesterday, the drivers come latter.

Attached: 1549336065357.png (554x439, 148K)

>And anyone that vertically mounts them destroys their thermals.
How? Most of my hot exhaust is on top of the card, when it's mounted with the PCIe connector towards the ground, it actually improves thermals. Specially with the side with the fans being exposed to the case side fan and the case top having a fan.

Attached: efc5d998-861d-405c-98ad-7e23820bc81a.jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

Doing better than AUSU desu

Attached: liz graphics.png (592x411, 341K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wkNdU626Kgg
youtube.com/watch?v=TqYrvexML-U
tl;dw 5% reduction in turbo clockspeed, higher temps, faster fan speeds
Like I get it, it looks cool but it just isn't good for airflow. Probably better to get a card that looks cool mounted horizontally like an EVGA, Sapphire, or a reference AMD card.

But those GPUs has less ventilation on its side and no external fans are used in these tests.
The sole point was that when you have externals fans with case fan mounts lining up, it's more efficient. Did you even read my post? Your whole point was "anyone", which is not true.

I know for a fact that it runs cooler without even looking at temperatures, since the cards own fans rarely even ramp up under load since I did that. The externals ones being Noctua, it's actually even quieter under load too.

The reason this happens isn't because it's vertical, it's because the fans are suffocated by the side of the case. It needs more distance.
mITX cases with holes in the side panel over the vertical GPU are unironically better.

Even if OP wasn't a faggot, he'd still be sucking dicks.

Here is a super artistic (read: autistic) representation to make you see how dumb you are.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1195x748, 77K)

Its hilarious how AMDrones ignore that AMD is basically bribing their way with reviewers with all kinds of useless garbage.

If Intel or Nvidia pulled the same stunt these same drones would be calling these reviewers shills.

To you

>bribing their way with reviewers with all kinds of useless garbage
Are you now saying these outlets will give them stellar reviews because of a block of acrylic?
Are you also saying Intel and nvidia haven't been sending drop pods and monoliths and God knows what in the past.
Oh that noone seemed to complain about at the time. Your post sounds like some projection my man.

>If Intel or Nvidia pulled the same stunt
Intel and Nvidia actually do that though and sometimes worse, like Intel and their review samples include instructions to what to compare to, to make the competition look worse. AMD just sent review samples. See

If I were a reviewer, it'd honestly *slightly* influence me. That shit is sick and such a unique gift to get for someone who loves technology.

You never watched LinusTechTips, have you? This little stand is nothing.

6 years later and AMD is still using the same design.
C'mon bruh, I mean the 2080 Ti isn't perfect but at least they actually put some thought into it.

I think you'd start feeling differently after having been a reviewer for a bit.
GN does those videos on "Look at the crap we got at a convention" videos.

One is an old XFX design, the other is what AMD has been going with for Vega and I for one think it's much better looking than any other card on the market right now.

Attached: lf7QQE1ugi3hmBIM[1].jpg (1846x1200, 282K)

They're all the same basically with slight color changes, look at this old Firepro from 2012.

Attached: Radeon-HD-7990.jpg (550x379, 57K)

wtf are you talking about. Intel bribed reviewers with coffee cups during the Coffee Lake processor launch retard

pic related: intel skimped on secure packaging which resultet in a leaky coffee cup, just like their processors with 28+ hardware security vulnerabilities

Attached: 1507328278734.png (1193x1060, 1019K)

Consumer reference cards from both AMD and Nvidia used to be blower design. There's a reason they are switching over, the design is better, 3rd party manufacturers have used it for years.

Blower design is better if you build multi-gpu pc.

>t. form over function fag

Execpt the Vega 7 is a 300w part, so it needs a better cooling solution. It's so competent that OEM are using the same design. Also, Nvidia "trying" is making such a terrible design - consumer wise that is - that you literally cannot open it without a heat gun that goes several hundreds degrees because all of the glue.

If you build multi GPU computers, you'll be using proper motherboards that have more than one slot size between their x16 PCIe slots, or at least cases that allow for mounting them in better airflow conditions.
Saying that blower is better just because you don't want to work around old layouts that heat stroke cards and choke them from air is retarded.

Yeah, good luck changing the thermal paste on that. Never had that problem with any of my Sapphire cards using this style.

They are released to the press, which is why Gamers Nexus, Hardware Unboxed, etc., can post teardowns. They only perform teardowns after testing performance for obvious reasons. It just so happens that due to embargo dates, the teardown video goes up first.

You can exchange graphite for thermal paste you mouth-breather. I haven't seen if graphite is more conductive, I just know it's easier to mount/apply.

Pretty classy. Not certain about the edgelord color scheme ATI was using, but the underdesigned boxy shroud is tasteful af to me.

>put some thought into it
>uses almost 100 screws
which one is it?

damn my girl katharine be savage

Of course you can, after you rip open the glue with a 300C heatgun on your NoVidia GPU.

Uh, several videos I watched stated that they themselves are curious about benchmarks results but can't do them yet because drivers.

God damnit you retarded. I'm talking about the Vega 7. Vega 7 has a graphite pad. Nvidia doesn't use graphite. What the fuck are you talking about? Also, the hard to mount card is the Nvidia one, not Vega 7. Are you lost? Can't you read?

Attached: 1548816668360.jpg (300x315, 58K)

they're going to have a pretty hard time making a better looking card than this

Attached: d9edd16e-ff4d-49a6-8cc0-0673649d53fb.jpg (1920x1179, 808K)

>3 8-pin power plugs

Attached: 2dd.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Where the benchmarks at?

Uhm sweety, I replied to that said:
>Also, Nvidia "trying" is making such a terrible design - consumer wise that is - that you literally cannot open it without a heat gun that goes several hundreds degrees because all of the glue.
With: >Yeah, good luck changing the thermal paste on that (that = Nvidia). Never had that problem with any of my Sapphire cards using this style. (As in, AMD cards who used the design for years before Nvidia made their glue monstrosity)
Are you tripping hard, user?

I think both of you can be right at the same time. "The tests are in, now we wait to test" or something like that.
Because I agree with the teardown after testing philosophy. But I could also easily see a lot of driver tweaking needed for what is essentially a pro card released to the gayman market.

3rd one is actually used for RGB funnily enough. The non-"Limited Edition" only has two and it's power delivery is the same.

covfefe

Look at the size of that thing. Didn't even notice until I looked at the 8pins.

Won't matter since prim shaders and discard are still Mia
B-but at least it can theoretically do Dlss and maybe dxr? Wowe

This upsets me much more than it really should

Does it make you angry that I REALLY REALLY want one?

No I want one as well but I know navi is going to beat it in the value department and probably won't be much faster than my 1080 anyway
I'll just wait until Arcturus or whatever comes next as this literally is a defective mi60 workstation instinct card

MSRP wise it's good, as long as it's a performance improvement over Vega I'm glad.
Means I'll be able to get one next year for less than half of what it's now and it will still be faster than the equivalent pricing Nvidia offer (and it will heat my room, living near the artic that's a good thing).

A Vega 56 is already faster than a 1080 in most scenarios while costing as much as a new 1060. No reason to upgrade for you but for people who have been generations behind, it might be a sweet deal in the future.

I don't know whose right but the reviews I've yet read all imply they haven't tested them yet but will soon.
Maybe they didn't have the drivers yet yesterday but probably to already today, since release date for them will be in like two days.

I had a 56 that's legit bullshit
Meh gpu pricing can go fuck itself until there's a card that's twice the power of my gtx 1080 and can comfortably run 4k+ 60fps+ I don't care.
Even the rtx titan/2080ti struggles and they are thousands of dollars cunt
Gpus are fucked right now

Honey, it wasn't clear that "that" was about Nvidia. Maybe I just misinterpreted. I don't even know why it seems we're disagreeing when we're basically saying the same thing. I'm actually just waiting until I move to buy some cryonaut to put on my Vega 56 to see if I can keep it below 65º with 70~75% of the fan with OC+UV curve. It already do with the case open.

That's not true.
The power delivery is slightly smoother on the 3x one.

I heard that those are supported in Radeon VII. It's new, not just a die shrink. If it were a die shrink, it would have the same proportions.

Vega 2 is an absolute dumpster fire. Nobody is going to buy it. People with a brain will buy the already cheaper and available 2080. AMD fans are too poor for a $700 gpu.

Wishful fanboy is wishful

>I had a 56 that's legit bullshit
When did you have it? There was a reason I said "already" and not "was". This wasn't the case a year ago or at launch. It's now thanks to the drivers being much better (and possibly Nvidia gimping their 1000 series drivers).
Also you need a undervolt or it's going to be pretty much equal even now.

>That's not true.
>The power delivery is slightly smoother on the 3x one.
source? all pictures I can find of both PCBs show same amount and spec of vrms

Man i miss my 7990. That thing was an absolute fucking CHAD of a card

Just give me the benches already. I don't want cheeky jokes hinting about how much it sucks, I want to see for myself.

Smoother input affects the conversion.

>You’ll also notice that despite the Radeon 7 having three fans to its name, the number of individual fan blades on them is actually lower than what you’ll find on the dual fans of the RTX 2080. Whereas the RTX 2080 has 28 fan blades, the Radeon 7 only has 27. It’s too early to say whether one fewer fan will have any noticeable impact on performance, of course, but it just goes to show that more fans doesn’t always necessarily mean better fans.

Attached: tech_fangirl.png (409x403, 87K)

Yeah it was obvious nitpicking.

>No USB-C? Well that's embarrassing, the most expensive Nvidia option has it... How will I plug in all those USB-C monitors, you know how hard it is to find DisplayPort on any of them!

Attached: 1533273483222.jpg (900x900, 365K)

>fangirl
Just a reporter who'se been paid off.
I mean... Holy shit how dumb can you be, I'd be embarrassed to say I'm even a fananything of any company if I'm this dumb when it comes to something as fans.

i'm sorry what? more fins = better fan? since when?

Attached: these guys are dumb, only four fucking fins, haha!.jpg (1000x750, 47K)

amd btfo

Attached: 1312234940097.jpg (500x500, 43K)

>Manly tears unboxing his new computer parts

You don't know much about the business world, do you?

fucking genius

Attached: 1408035707672.gif (300x199, 298K)

Technically depends on what you're looking for. More blades are going to move more air at lower RPM but they'll also make more noise. It's likely they chose fans with less blades so it wouldn't be so darn noisy at full blast.

>this literally is a defective mi60 workstation instinct card
nu

Attached: MI60-vs-VII.gif (1482x600, 1.15M)

but it is $700

t-that's a joke right?

Exact same gpu + hbm chips
Pcb layout is different dickhead that's not what I mean when I say it's a binned mi60 I mean the gpu die itself
It's clearly the exact same core with 4cus disabled due to lax binning
I wonder I'd some nutters will try and re enable them or are they fused off?

>nvidia launches something no one will ever use for another 2-3 years.
it's welcomed with much hype and tturned into record sales.
>amd launches the first 7nm gpu
No one cares, it's more of an en passant side note on every article/review, only fanboys will purchase it anyways.

It also depends on angles and blade size, if it's made to move air fast or made to push pressure, etc.

wonder if buildzoid is gonna do a PCB video on VII

Of course, but not anytime soon I think. He isn't made out of money.

>Exact same gpu + hbm chips
Yeah, but that's normal. Vega 56 and 64 have the same ones too.
Most Nvidia GeForce and Quadro cards use exactly the same dies also, with the GeForce ones not even being disabled like Vega 56 ones are compared to 64, but just have differences in PCB components, like resistors (that report the Device ID on a hardware level) or just BIOS.
Even dies between different GPU versions do, same with CPUs. This has been a thing for decades because how silicon yields and manufacturing works.

most likely, not only he usually does for every one of each new series, be amd or nvidia, but since the layout and tracing is quite out of the norm, he's probably already wetting himself with anticipation.