Why are you still using a monitor that's less than 1440p in 2019?

Why are you still using a monitor that's less than 1440p in 2019?

1440p is no longer expensive

Attached: hh.jpg (236x231, 9K)

Because I'm not a sperg

>biggest market for monitors as of 2019 is 1440p 144hz 27inch
>barely anyone makes them
>its all ultrawide memes and shitty 240hz gaymer monitors
getting tired of it

I'm waiting for 4k because i'm not a pleb

lack of aspect ratio options

>still using a 1080p viewsonic
>probably 10+ years old now

Anyone using a 32 inch 1440p, how is the pixel density and general comfort?

Currently looking for a 1440p 144hz VA flat monitor

Can anyone convince me that curved is good? Is IPS worth the terrible black bleed?

Because im not consumerist faggot who think you need to replaced working system just because it getting cheaper.

using pic related
i want to fucking die

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Because I don't waste my time playing BIDEO GAYMS, you unproductive twat

I'm on the same boat. Looking at Samsung's curved one since I prefer VA, but Jow Forums is autistic about IPS panels.
I find curved better for gaming since it helps with awareness, but it's a matter of preference.

The number one gaming 1440p 144hz monitor is only 599 now. There's no excuse to be a 1080p kid anymore if you browse Jow Forums

All decent monitors are fucking curved which kills blender work or covered in rbg making it look like a childs monitor

1280x1024 master race here. I'm waiting for 2560x2048 for under $1000.

Joke's on you. I'm still on my 1360x768 18.5-incher. Lifes good and simple when you're a 30 y/o boomer after all.

>higher resolution only matters for vidya
pajeet...

Because there aren't any cheap

Attached: yui.jpg (500x660, 41K)

Im building a pc starting from nothing, is something wrong with 16:9?

If that ain't me.
Just got a second panel, 1600x1200 ViewSonic from Goodwill for like $5, also ViewSonic, also terrible colors, but it works for actually getting things done.

Attached: sponge.jpg (720x960, 69K)

Not really, it excels at video because everything is 16:9 and... that's it.
16:10 has a bit of extra vertical space for everything and after trying it you can't go back, unless you really hate those black bars when watching 16:9 video i guess.

Because I dont have a job and i live with my parents

My 1080P monitor Ive had for several years works just fine...and my GTX 1080 will easily render any game at max settings @1080p
When this monitor dies Ill get something better.

What 1440p monitor is the best value

Vast majority still use 1080p or below.

Yeah because 1440p was not a value buy...until now

Because 1080p still works fine, hell my laptop is 720p and that works fine

It's still not value buy, especially with current GPU pricing. Fuck off, merchant.

I haven't changed a monitor in 8 years, it's a pile of shit with shitload of ghosting and backlight bleed but fuck it, they're too expensive if you want a decent one

>Not buying a 4k@120hz monitor in 2011+8
>Not saving money for an 8k@60hz OLED screen
Why are you so bad with money?

We have scaling issues with 4k, 8k would be a nightmare to deal with, 8k would be pointless on anything under 55 inch
Not to mention the power needed to drive it, i think 8k is atleast a decade away from being viable

The monitors are value buy right now. Once Navi brings GPU prices down there will be no excuse

My laptop is a Yoga 3 Pro from 2014 and it says 3200x1800 touchscreen. Too bad the CPU is shit.

>1440p
lol is this the 1800s? my macbook has more pixels than that

>bought a 1440p monitor a couple weeks ago
>can barely tell the difference from my 1080p
Serious question, are you guys sitting with your nose smashing against the panel? I have mine at a bit over 1 meter away, and not only I had to up the scaling on the 1440, I also have to sit half as close to finally tell the pixels apart.

Attached: 1548243762306.png (526x601, 157K)

Yes for 90% of people higher resolution only matters for movies and gaming

How big is your monitor?

27" with a 1080p 24" next to it. Also use a 1080p 27" at work.

You can go back easily, you just need to increase resolution and panel size whilst keeping the DPI the same.
-t. former 16:10 currently using 16:9 just fine

High refresh rate isn't a meme, I swear I thought so too until I got one and compared it to a 60hz one.

Im choosing between 1080p and 1440p, was wondering how much of a difference it actually made on a 27, might save some cash and just go with 1080p

Please don't meme about terrible BLB. If you get a panel with one, get it replaced. None of my IPS panels have BLB.

Because I bought a 1080p ultrawide last year

>admitting you're blind.
Take a photo of your screen showing 100% black with the lights off, I dare double dog dare you.

You can't be serious. Do you play gaymes?

Not him but I have an IPS with glow and a TN panel and there's no difference when I'm using it. The glow is only obvious when I full screen a black image to test my bleed levels. IPS colors and angles absolutely shit on my TN one, it's a disgrace.

I'd say try a few in stores or something before deciding. Take into account 1m+ is already on the far side of how people have monitors set up. You might find the difference noticeable if you sit closer to the screen. See what you can tolerate on font size as well, personally if I can't read a text on the screen just by glancing at it, it's too small for me, you on the other hand might still be okay with that.

I got a pretty bad case of astigmatism, glasses brings it to a workable level, so eye strain might be a thing for me reading txt and shit, might have to just get off my ass and go see if some local stores have some display models i can check out
I have a 32 inch 720p hooked up to an xbox one less then a metre from my face right now, i think i would be blown away by literally anything by this point, shit takes forever to type anything out on

Because my 5:4 1080p monitors are just fine. I'm not going to lower myself to some gay aspect ratio like 16:9.

Font scaling can still help if you need. I have the 1440p right now set at 125%, wth the 1080p at native. Font is a tiny bit larger on the 1440p panel now, and I had the happy accident of Firefox applying a sort of "semi bold" effect on the text.
I very rarely play games, but also on what I do I noticed little difference. I only really have aliasing annoy me at 720p and below (and again, I'm pretty sure it's the longer distance to the screen playing a part).

UI's not scaling sounds like shitty software catering to 768 resolution monitors. 8k is here and now. Downscaling to 4k is doable on an 8k native screen as well just like most people downscale from 4k it just depends on the renderer in the screen. It basically comes down to wanting high refresh rate 4k or 60hz 8k. As the HDMI 2.1 spec supports both, as well as 10k screens but 10k is as much of a meme as 1440.

1440p lol
4k mf

My next monitor will be 1080p, but with a better panel technology.

Tell me what I can do with shows, series, movies, pictures, anime and other things if I buy a screen with a 4k panel?
Every content I like it's either 1080p or below. If i get a screen with a bigger resolution I will be staring at a huge desktop that I dont need, pixelated media and lower fps in the few games that I still play.

Will there ever be something like a vector based video codec? or at least an automatic remasterization tool no matter the hardware resources it may need?

I am. I gotta say I sit about 25-40 cm away and I thing it is fantastic. I can only see the pixels from less than 15 cm away.
It's a Samsung monitor.

>I sit about 25-40 cm away
Rip in peace your eyes

>remasterization tool
what the fuck does this even mean?

I'm waiting for OLED monitors.

because fucking sub $110 1080p IPS panels exist.

>you unproductive twat
- user, 2019, on a Mongolian knee socks knitting image board

High hz only matters for high end e sports that need animation reading like smash and they use crt instead 1440 is a shitty meme go 4k

I have a U2415 (1200p IPS) in portrait, PG279Q (1440p 165 IPS), and a U2715H (1440p IPS)

fuck TN, fuck 1080p.

why would i want a 1440p monitor when i have a 1060 tho.

Attached: monitors.png (392x70, 5K)

240Hz is though

I already have a 4k tv.

bcs 800x600 is more than enough. 4:3 is god's aspect ratio

This. It's a damn fucking shame.

Just get the samshit one. If you don't have two monitors the curve means nothing

I own 1440p 27 inch 144 Hz monitor and it's kind of gay because it's too big. The quality is like the same as my smaller 1080p screen just bigger.
The refresh rate ain't a meme though it's baller

>1440p is no longer expensive
For you maybe, just because you're rich doesn't mean that everyone else is.

That bezel is the worst thing ever

1366x768 is where it's at.

up

i got my first one for $150

this

Oh boy, oh boy. I need to knit myself some knee socks.

But I do

Attached: IMG_20190205_200453.jpg (2976x3968, 2.01M)

But I'm not*

oh yeah so ummmm which vendor do you recommend? Or is it that you are promoting a manufacturer, let us in on yor recommends

Ah so !

1080p 144hz or 1440p 60hz? Poorfag here who can't afford 1440p 144hz.

Attached: pcef4qh.jpg (1920x1080, 97K)

When I can find them at Goodwill I'll buy one.

1920x1200

If you have to have 1080p get a 22inch screen. It makes it a lot more bearable.

No, he's just a "16:9 bad" npc. He probably got a 1080p panel and felt kind of cramped vs 1920x1200. 1440p is pretty spacious though.

It's amazingly smooth in other games, and even feels more natural just moving the mouse around on the desktop. I have 144 Hz and now using 60 Hz feels something like 30 Hz used to feel.

I feel the same way. These monitors are too expensive for what they really deliver.

I'd take the 1440p over 144 Hz. Both are noticeable improvements but more pixels is more valuable. Either way you need a GPU capable of using it if you want to play games, so probably 1070 or 590 I guess? Or 1060 or 580 if you don't mind turning down settings some. Or of course just game at 1080p on it, it honestly doesn't look THAT terrible.

I mostly play WoW, Street Figher and old games like AOE. And I'm planning on buying an RX 580.

i have disposable income right now and was thinking of doing pic related with my ultrawide in the middle, and replacing my two secondary monitors with new 1440p IPS ones. i have monitor in mind for one of the secondary monitors and it's somewhat expensive, but the third one doesn't have to be that special. does anyone recommend a particular monitor that meets the criteria? 1440p IPS, VESA mountable, somewhat thin bezel?

Attached: hJDC4nDISXeC._CR0,137,2898,1510_UX970_TTW__.jpg (970x505, 100K)

Unironically you might consider sticking to 1080p. Especially pixel drawn games like AOE look a bit too zoomed on at 27" 1440p in my opinion, and scaling anything that isn't an even multiple like 720p makes pixel dithers like the fog of war look dogshit.

Then again games like WoW look pretty great at 1440p, or 4K for that matter, and you don't need much GPU to do it.

>t. HZlet

The human eye can't see more than 1366x768@24fps

Attached: HeroJojoshII (1) - Copy.jpg (101x93, 12K)

This. 1440 is a compromise due to gpu's not being able to handle 144hz gayming. Notice no TVs are 1440. 4k is the next standard

i dont even care about high refresh rates and i still cant find one that don't look like shit

>UI's not scaling sounds like shitty software catering to 768 resolution monitors.
If you really can't think of how complex and difficult achieving this with the portability you're expecting, you shouldn't be here.

up

I want a 1000hz monitor.

What game is that on the youtube vide?

it really sounds like youve never used a hires monitor in your life

math student simulator 2018.