There are people on this board right now who think receiving stock in their company is a pay raise

There are people on this board right now who think receiving stock in their company is a pay raise

Attached: 1548007102812.jpg (849x393, 402K)

I asked for a raise. The president told me I should eat the dollar menu at mcdonalds and pocket my $30 per diem on the handful of times per year that I travel.

Attached: efd.jpg (403x392, 40K)

Gonna assume you have at least some smidgen of self-respect and you don't work there anymore.

But they give you cheaper stock options for being an employee right?
>implying i know literally anything

"Retention package" is the usual wording, who wouldn't want 5% of their annual pay held as ransom?

Yeah, I quit and have been NEET for the last 8 years.

I make enough money that I'm just happy to have the stock options.

I also work from home, have great healthcare and vacation and don't have to live in california so thats motivating enough as it is.

Attached: 1539202461255.gif (383x274, 611K)

look at how many quarters i have

Attached: dimes.jpg (3069x1698, 1008K)

depending on where you live, tax agencies often take that view also

How the hell do you even get into that cubicle?

Attached: whatisthis.png (849x393, 812K)

cgi

You mean how do you get out?

you have to cook all the eggs

Attached: da18-Djn.jpg (240x240, 11K)

deep

Time was that Microsoft would grant stock futures to staff after a probationary period of employment. Then there was a vesting period, after which most of them quit, taking their millions with them. During the vesting period the stock would have skyrocketed.
Now that the stock isn't gaining value any more, the stock grant isn't a big plus.

I actually did that on my own without anyone suggesting it. It was a shit job with a shit pay so every little helped.
Somehow this information made its way to the hr management, they confronted me about it and told me they're cutting my per diem from $30 to $5 as I have demonstrated it was a sufficient sum.
I went back to my desk to type up and print my resignation letter which l handed them less than 30 minutes later.

depends where u work

i work for sears

I'm not nearly surly enough

Stock is worthless.

untrue but also based