Lintards BTFO

L00nix morons confirmed for pseudo-intellectual tards who don't actually know how to fix their own shitty computers. You will never, ever get any Blizzard games because you suck and you can't even fix your own OS's problems. macOS will get WCIII Remilked before Loonix tards ever get anything!

Attached: LOONIX BTFO.png (740x637, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thegamer.com/developer-says-will-skip-linux/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ota0nq
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Kern
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can someone please call his mom? He bypassed the router firewall again and he still needs to do his homeworks for tomorrow.

If Blizzard knew how to make games without bugs, they wouldn't need to provide that support. It's a chicken and egg conundrum.

POO

Attached: 1534812776254.jpg (643x960, 255K)

WCIII will literally run better in WINE than natively in fagOS. That's how much of a clusterfuck abortion Applel's APIs are.

I think this says more about Blizzard's tech support and /v/toddlers than it does about Linux users.

name one driver you wrote on windows/mac

How does on game on a kernel?

Attached: 1547960827205.gif (500x430, 1.51M)

imagine giving people to a company who expects you to make their game playable. they can keep their shitty games

The kernel is the OS.

There was an article about this by some game dev. Even though Linux fags are some of the loudest voices when the game is being developed, they end up making up a tiny, tiny fraction in sales, yet are far overrepresented in support requests because it's a fucking nightmare to get a game working properly across all distros.

>WCIII Remilked
So I just learned a WC3 remake is being developed. Thanks /v/. It'll run great on my Gentoo + wine + dxvk.

Attached: pepe wink mike.png (1000x1000, 237K)

Rent free.

Attached: 1540655590694.jpg (267x297, 13K)

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1530843541603.gif (540x540, 279K)

>Blizzard
you mean Activision?

Their game launcher is absolute botnet. Any good game comp can have the linux port with easy support by just outsourcing that to steam runtime.

Please be ironic

Attached: Screenshot_20190203-185004.png (1080x1920, 1.18M)

Add as subject filter:
/BTFO/i;boards:g;op:only

Stalinman is a retard.

That doesn't magically validate the fact you literally said "the kernel is the OS", quite possibly the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

>who are you quoting

You have the burden of proof to give me one difference between OS and kernel, you stupid GNU-male.

What does he mean by
>don't know the OS well enough to fix issues themselves
How many times did you have to fix something on windows yourself? I don't recall having a bug in over a decade which required messing around with the OS and was not just patched.
I agree that a user has some responsibility to maintain their own machine but I doubt windows users are any more proficient at it than linux users.
Even if they released it only with official support for one distribution it would have been better than nothing. Seems like a cop out

A kernel is what tells the actual OS what to do/how to function. On its own it's basically useless, like a nervous system without a body. An OS is a collection of assorted pieces of software the create the actual environment and what the kernel has to interpret.

kernel is just hardware abstraction layer
OS is kernel, userspace libraries, large collection of userspace programs and user interface

That is a really dumb reason. All they would need to do is utilize the Vulkan API and bundle the compiled binaries. Repackaging for platforms can be done by the likes of Steam and GOG.

They just don't want to actually playtest their games for a different platform.

Attached: 1549243285034.gif (480x270, 429K)

This is b8 right?

Every blizzard game works flawlessly on Wine, no issues to fix

Idk who the fuck that poser is in your stupid chat but the cost of supporting Linux would cost the exact same if not cheaper than other platforms - we build shit for your games. We don't fucking need native support.

Now fuck off

>linux will never ever get any blizzard games
OH SHIT where do I sign up?

>will
Loonixcuck cope, lol.

Well... the kernel and the gnu coreutils are nearly 100% compatible for all "linux" distros.

Blizzard are afraid of hiring a neckbeard that know his shit about compiling, testing, and bundling.

Attached: 1549242724759.png (247x215, 76K)

Linux is a kernel.
You're probably thinking of POSIX/Linux, as both GNU and busybox on Linux syscalls are a common platform.

Attached: BETTER THAN YOU COM MENOS BLUSH.png (150x150, 60K)

this is Jow Forums, why are you posting about video games? nobody here cares

you cant run steam on anything else than glibc afaik

based

Yes but they're saying the issue is regarding people not knowing how to fix kernel issues despite that having almost nothing to do with the game itself, unless you count Nvidia modules.

>people not knowing how to fix kernel issues
wat

If you guys care so much about games just use windows for gaming and linux for work/servers instead of wasting time fixing problems you created yourself.

Attached: orange_cat_pathetic.png (434x417, 364K)

if they think cost of support is an issue with linux based OS because of clueless users, they're going to hit a thick wall when they have to deal with mobile users on their upcoming flop.

WoW's engine is pretty shitty, for example, but you'll get the same FPS in DX11->DXVK on Linux with Nvidia as Win7 with Nvidia. (1080 ti in my case.)

It literally works out of the box after a Wine install. Bundling it like Steam is doing would be enough.

Though if they weren't hard queers (not the dick sucking kind, but the politician shekel-counting accountant kind) they'd do actual straight ports, or at least abandon the launcher and just put their titles on Steam and let Steam do all the heavy lifting.

no
cuz muh botnet

To add, a big part of the problem, at least until recent years (2015+) was Nvidia/Amd on Linux being cancer.

I'm guessing, given for example, WoW has some Nv API ties, and a Dx12 port, they get "discounts" or "assistance" from Microsoft/Nvidia for their api inclusions and somewhat passive restriction on OS usage.

gnu is not an operating system.

Freetard libraries work flawlessly across all platforms, e.g. libsdl, and is mostly written by one guy that is supported by donations.
Why can't a multibillion company produce s/w that works?
Well, we've seen cases like devil may cry where windows gaymers bought a game that had the worst experience on windows because it was just a 1-1 port from consoles. No proper graphics options, not even proper full-screen functionality, you just used alt+enter to go on fullscreen on the first start of the game.
So, why did a multimillion sales title get such shitty port?
Companies being jews... And blizzard is one of the biggest jews in the industry.
Another freetard game, battle of wesnoth, runs perfectly on anything. 0ad, freetard too, runs perfectly on anything.
What do they do right, that billizzard can't.
Companies like blizzard do not want to hire programmers to fix crossplatform issues on their games.
They want to stay on the 95% platform on the pc.
Linux users are the ones that spend the most money compared to their market share.

Blizzard support is a complete joke. The street shitter I was talking to took nearly an hour just to delete my account, so I can't imagine how long it would take for them to actually help you with a real problem.

>Linux users are the ones that spend the most money compared to their market share.
source?

>Amd on Linux being cancer.
Amd works out of the box, supports every linux standards and their code is there to be checked how it works.
Those are just cheap excuses. Intel's driver for example had more bugs and indefined behavior than the oss amd driver, both of which come integrated to your xserver packages
>assistance" from Microsoft/Nvidia
This is the ridiculous truth.
Those multi-million studios rely on free assisyance from companies to solve their problems in exchange for gimping the performance with sone "exclusive" features.

Article from phorotard a year ago.

>no blizztard game
Wow nothing of value was lost

This. Wtf is he saying?
>our game will surely break and those incompetent users won't be able to fix it

Haha wut?

I'm just going by this:
thegamer.com/developer-says-will-skip-linux/

He says Linux gamers were very vocal during the kickstarter, and yet accounted for

Ironically everyone on Linux can install Blizzard shit in 2 clicks (yes less than any other system)

Based

Worse than unpaid internship.
You will have to pay for it and on top of that you will have to fix it.

any chance you have the microsoft version of that pic?

>listening to e-beggers
Whatever works for you.

retard go back to your esl class

but it already runs on linux and does so fairly well using DXVK

It's just a polite way of saying "investment in linux version would not worth money and not profitable enough to cover expenses". I am very sure that if there was money on the table they would do it.

>to fix issues themselves
I bet we would fix issues if they opensourced their games.

kek
bunch of loud sjw commies

I wonder how steam's statistics would compare with GOG's, but GOG's client is optional so it's harder to get overall stats and all their linux versions are clientless.
Also, the
>Steam integration of Wine, a PC emulator for Linux
part makes my head hurt.

>launch live cd of popular distro
>everything runs fine, install and reboot computer
>greeted by a black screen with command line
this is why linux will always be irrelevant. they are the amd graphics cards of the OS world. so many fuck ups, big and small, that has users jumping through hoops for double digit hours just to do something they could do on windows with no hassle involved. year of the linux desktop never.

And what "popular distro" was that, hmm?

Makes zero sense. Three is a wall on linux that exists between the kernel and userland.

The problems would be with bad translation, bad compatibility, or buggy software.

Vulkan helps solve the first two problems by having the same graphics stack for different platforms.

I've said it once and i'll say it again.

MUH GAMES

What are you responding to obvious bait?

He even mentions in the Twitter thread that this is due to retarded hacks that NVIDIA's Windows drivers is just chewing up gladly. Vulkan was supposed to fix this, put the onus on devs to not be incompetent.

The brainlet thinks caring about gaming is important. Amazing he/she is smart enough to remember to breathe...

Fun fact: Blizzard actually had a working World of Warcraft client for linux at one point.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ota0nq
>One of the big problems with Linux, and this is from other game developers too, is the problem of targeting a specific version of the platform. Since everyone is free to create their own distros, they can become somewhat unstandardized. That makes "targeting linux" difficult.
>Add on that there are far fewer linux users than windows/mac users, and that you can play wow on linux using Wine... and there isn't a lot of reason to target even a specific distro.

I honestly blame the distributions for fucking things up for proprietary software vendors. The user space is a mess and every distribution is a different moving target.
I wish we had the Flatpak that we have today around 10-15 years ago, then we would have a lot more native games.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (859x613, 42K)

>blah excuses blah blah
Just target Ubuntu and the community will take care of the rest. Valve does this, but it doesn't prevent Archfags from running Steam or native Linux games published there. Everyone seems happy.

They just don't see money there.

That's because there isn't any.

>JASS is back
No thanks. No.

Run it in a VM or otherwise learn how to secure a computer. It's embarrassing if you're afraid of running a Windows machine because of privacy/security. It just means you don't have any aptitude for privacy and security in the first place, making your OS choice not very important for that anyway

Oh now this is bullshit. Linux users more than anyone else are willing to troubleshoot, contribute to QA testing, and generally make things work and/or find out why they're not.

The whole "too hard to support" is not really viable since there are so many options. For instance, you can label the Linux client as "beta" quality and therefor not guarantee it will work. You can pick certain popular distros and test against it (as most game devs do) so you need not support every arcane distro out there. As I said above, users will put more effort into helping squash bugs and configure things for optimal use, as well as other forms of QA.

>you will never get any Blizzard games

Attached: [email protected] (3456x1945, 3.63M)

I don't care, forever. GPU passthrough

>cashgrab devs opinions matter
You're retarded.

Attached: BUY WARCRAFT.png (200x244, 23K)

linux users are willing and able to get games to work even when they're not made for any kind of linux
give us a circle and we'll get it through the square hole, one way or another

Is this a late april fools joke?

>implying I'd buy some shitty games, when I can develop Jow ForumsDE

>just run winders
fuck off

Uh, sure, and how would you convince management about that?
>the linuxfags will *hopefully* take care of it themselves *if* they like our product enough
>if we're lucky we also wont get support requests/bug reports from people using unsupported distributions. if you ever worked directly with customers you just know that those people will still give you a call or submit a bug report and only find out that they use an unsupported distribution in the last minute because they didn't mention it or lied. in the meanwhile you were trying to reproduce the bug on the supported distribution (hah you fool).
Nope, that isn't going to fly at any company.

Try out the steam Flatpak available on Flathub, it "just werks" across all distributions that support Flatpak. I've personally used it on Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSUSE without issues.
With Flatpak you could say to management: we just need too support Flatpak and it will work across all distributions. There is no hoping and no uncertainty involved and you get the benefit of supporting your customers on their preferred distribution.

>wants to play proprietary gaymes
>bbut windows is muh botnet

I use a very small amount of GNU software. By measure of lines of code, systemd is probably more used on my system than gnu's shittools. So I guess we should call it systemd/linux. And by measure of actual usage. It should be systemd/chromium/Linux.

>>Steam integration of Wine, a PC emulator for Linux
how does one get so much wrong in a single sentence

That is some cool story there, but it is not profitable to use hours of blizzard programmers for 0.01% of their audience. No matter how "helpful" their community would be. Which is probably also bullshit, there would be probably more windows users willing to help.

>systemd/chromium/
all of that works on Glibc

Why wouldn't I run my applications in the most successful environment?

Mark Kern has nothing to do with Blizzard, all that he's don is make a buggy indie strategy game.

not sure about systemd, but chromium also works with Musl

>The technical definition of an operating system is "a platform that consists of specific set of libraries and infrastructure for applications to be built upon and interact with each other". A kernel is an operating system in that sense.

Found that online. Prove it wrong

Yes, but that's not the point. Your computer isn't running musl hence you are using GNU/Linux. Linux is a kernel, it doesn't make up a whole OS. You probably could replace every GNU component with something else (like musl+heirloom+syslinux) and get a fully functioning Linux-based OS.

>a platform that consists of specific set of libraries and infrastructure for applications to be built upon and interact with each other
that the definition of a fucking android studio-tier project

Greed

That's not an argument

This meme needs to die

Android and Arch are not the same OS; they are 2 OSs tenuously related by a shared kernel

How is that not an argument?
>>here is a definition of A
>B falls under the definition, but it is not A
>>s-sory I am retarded

>Idk who the fuck that poser is in your stupid chat
Then you should keep your mouth shut
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Kern

DOS is an OS and it gives you far less functionality than a bare Linux kernel. And the kernel absolutely does not "tell the OS what to do". It just provides some hardware abstraction and solves universal problems like memory allocation and disk access for you. Modern kernels usually provide process scheduling and a network stack too.
You can boot into Linux and load a binary. It's an OS by itself, even if everyone uses GNU tools with it because they make life more comfy. GNU tools are very nice, but they're "just" a pack of software that runs on the kernel to provide more features. You can swap them out with something else, or not use them at all.

>gnu hurd
gnu can be an os