Go to fast food place

>go to fast food place
>they have this shit on the screens in the kitchen
What distro of Linux is this?
Burger Linux?

Attached: ls.jpg (250x250, 10K)

Someone God paid thousands of dollars for programming this shit

Attached: kvd-screen-images.jpg (600x429, 89K)

did you post the fucking thumbnail of the image you took? for. FUCK. sake

in many cases it's the same internal/proprietary system that was in place before tube displays went out of style

what in fuck is the cable spaghetti at the back of that allah bout?
>also: 250x250 - kys

Burger Linux is the best distro you fucking pleb

Grease monkey uses Ubuntu with terminal & a point of sale system written in bash

>technology that works and doesnt need to be changed triggers Jow Forums

hahahaahaha

>Who are you quoting

Wut

probably a fucking windows pos(point of sale not piece of shit)

Windows based shit.

>for. FUCK. sake

This.
>ugh *oof* they don’t even have order system running on gahnoo leenoox powered by the latest AyyMD APOO and don’t rice their desktop i literally can’t even

its just an extension of the ticket system restaurant kitchens have always used. And if you knew anything about chefs and kitchen workers, the simpler it is and less new ideas and concepts you have to introduce them to, the better. it just werks

Attached: kds_WP04_02[1].jpg (800x600, 40K)

My old high-school used this shit for its grading and class assignment system and shit.
Wonder who makes that shit
I'd see a windows xp desktop and then the class grades would be recorded in a little terminal window thing. Guess it's some old database infrastructure

yeah it needs more raytracing

I worked at a place that had PoS's running XP with VNC installed so the techs could fix whatever bullshit broke remotely.

I worked at a number of fast food joints
the ones with those crappy ui are windows trash
the ones with fancy ui is linux trash

XPs a fairly common base POS OS, still.

>form over function fag
HAHAHAHA

Grease monkey uses Ubuntu with terminal & a point of sale system written in bash

Damn im getting flashbacks to the buggy whataburger ordering screen.

>if you press medium whatasize with the first line selected it would crash, taking up to 10 minutes to reboot while the customer starts getting pissy
>if they scanned with the app and wanted to pay with cash you had to press gift card->no->clear amount-> then enter the cash amount
>no way to change table number after you entered it
>if you substituted both drink and fries to large individually, then pressed whatasize, it would add another 80 cents with no indiciation on the receipt
>if you added then deleted certain sandwhich modifications on a breakfast item, the breakfast item would be selected but show the main food menu, causing every order after to be added as a "mod" to the breakfast item (burger and fries inside the biscuit or whatever) then crashing 20 seconds later

I cant even remember all of them but shit sucked

It's either XO or 95.

>kys

What

Pizza Hut Australia still uses SCO OpenServer with a custom ordering system and physical TTYs

templeOS

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 230K)

It's Windows 7.

this

usually windows with some shitty 90's ordering system cos "it just werks"

no networking

only if you're not thinking hard enough

make your own

>have order system running on gahnoo leenoox
some places do

Attached: 1378685532035.jpg (768x1024, 563K)

>about chefs and kitchen workers
simplicity and no innovation works for every employee in every industry

it's probably windows

Win7 embedded is becoming more common

I know right?
for fuck's ache my ass

They're using a TUI-based computer system at the Burger King where I live too. Just saw it a few days ago and thought it was neat. The ferry station I used to go to when I lived on an island used TUIs for all their computers too. As does the natural food store down the street from where I live.

Someone made a networking stack and the "uriel web browser" for it

Based polska.

what

Also lots of banks, airlines, etc, still use COBOL and mainframes

Me and a friend did a video rental management system back in highschool and sold it to a local store, and got hired because we already knew how our shitty system worked

>burger Linux

It some embedded OS, might be linux, could be windows. It boots up then loads a program that runs in full screen.

Worked in a factory (about 5 years ago) that still use an AS/400 for their inventory system.

Windows POS ready

nani

I heard airlines use some massive thousandXthousand matrix reduction algorithm to handle scheduling or routing or whatever and back in the day they used some shitty 16 bit computer to do it all that looked like the OP pic