Is this safe to do?

Is this safe to do?

Attached: IMG_20190206_025659-min.jpg (3456x4608, 971K)

Probably.

yeah probably, if its an hdd. if its a ssd there is literally no point

Yup.

Yeah, I taped my SSD to the bottom of the case.

Sure, as long as the SATA ports aren't loose.

Wouldn't do it with an HDD though, too much vibration.

I had mine just placed next to the case, on an old notebook, for weeks. Works fine.

> pcb pressing against metal case
you are severely retarded. i hope you short that fucker out, Jow Forumsenius.

Don't do that. You have to put it horizontally. If you put it vertically gravity is going to fuck with the electrons and you will lose data

Yeah user if you could go and bing what an ssd looks like I think you'll find it doesn't have an exposed pcb...Jow Forumsenius

he's trolling ffs

I have my doubts about that

You're supposed to use electrical tape to conduct the electricity better, get out my board

Yes, but you are using the wrong kind of tape, SSD will heat up and the tape will come off eventually.

no, but the graphics card does

RIP GPU.

Can confirm, 8800GTX didn't like sucking the dust from the bottom of the case.

>t. never ran reference blower Nvidia GPUs in SLI

But this is not a blower GPU.

no the heat will cause the tape adhesive to fail and the ssd will fall, that sort of tape degrades over time as well
if your going to mount a drive like that use industrial velcro or zip ties

Attached: 8a7HN7I.jpg (800x450, 103K)

uhh... and?

it's touching bare metal

But the load times are faster because of the gravity pulling the electrons down homie

Is it an inappropriate touching?

as long as the graphics card and metal are of age and they both consent, it's none of our business

Don't fall for the SSD bracket Jew. I have one just lying on the ground of my case. It never moves so what could possibly happen?

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

Attached: 1544683863258.png (615x858, 345K)

Bit of "hack" I use is using dashboard sticky pads.

99 cents gets you 5 of these and can handle quite a bit of weight. Especially a SSD. But are use for Phones for the main function.

I'm glad forehead-chan will be getting another season 2.

no

It looks a little bigger than an ssd, looks like a slim hdd

Calm down ETA Prime. Stop slapping shit together like that.

It's an SSD

It won't fall off but it will be more susceptable to damage from the micro vibrations. It's better to screw it in place.

You don't need to tape an SSD, it can just be loose in your memebox.

no, it will kill you

your gpu is in bigger trouble

It's been like that for the past year it's fine

sure maybe why not?

Yea, I have two SSD's just dangling for over a year and no problem as long as you are careful when you move your PC around.

Attached: pc.jpg (1200x900, 130K)

>Bing
Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Probably yeah, but i wouldnt have used packaging tape, would have zip tied it or hot glued it to that plate.

I've hot glued a shit ton of stuff inside cases before.

My man, not much i have not solved with zip ties, velcro tape and hot glue.

>dangling
they shouldnt be dangling, sata connectors are flimsy as fuck and you'll damage the drives

>duck
is what he meant to say

If its between this and paying 4 dollars for a metal bracket I would just buy the metal bracket

Thats an issue with earth quake country. Get out while you still can. Otherwise Tsunami/Lavas will eat your alive.

Pretty sure he meant
>just startpage it

No you're all wrong I actually meant yandex

My SSD is attached to my GPU with duct tape

Not dead =/= fine
Your thermal buildup, which inspires intel to go bigger, and your complete lack of airflow will eventually destroy the components in your computer. You truly are retarded.