Tesla Thread

Any of you fags own one of these? I want to hear what you guys think about them because I'm in love with it and I'm very biased, I can't see any down side to owning an EV as long as I get a charger installed in my home.

Attached: 2018-02-04+10.44.17.jpg (1000x750, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H8ro6kpKlw0
youtube.com/watch?v=AgMTx_xFezM
youtube.com/watch?v=pxSQuGeoug8
youtube.com/watch?v=ezqwfha-BZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Haven't got one but I do like them, even though everyone will probably go mad cause botnet and shite. Depending on where you're going, superchargers could be scarce, thats the only downside I can think of.

Gas prices are insane in my country. I would fucking love to have an EV. But it costs too much still.

I live in a big city area where the supercharger network is pretty great so I don't have to worry about anything. At this point my only concern is the money. The config I'm looking at is going to run me $57,500 and with Tesla not currently offering a lease option on the model 3, that means I'm going to be paying off an expensive loan for 5 years with interest.

Really hoping they offer the lease as my current lease goes back this July.

Gas where I live has been going down but it feels so archaic to throw away $35+ every week to fill up. I'm just getting tired if the extra cost. From that. It seems that while EVs are more expensive at first, they save a ton in the long term.

>the manufacturer can SSH into his product whenever they want to
cringe

dont americans buy their cars anymore? also why would you take a loan for a 50k dollar car?

>*blocks your path*

Attached: 787887645.png (960x720, 622K)

Why all EVs are botnet?
Also, why none of them have voltmeter and ampermeter? They're essential for economical driving.

This is America where we don't need money to buy anything. We just let other people pay for it and then pay them back. We get fucked over in taxes if we outright buy a car because then the government thinks we're rich.

Very few Americans actually have 50 grand to spend on a whim....

... very few.

Imagine, your car is running OOBOONTOO.

They are expensive, but the build quality and interior is that of way, way cheaper cars (goes for the sedans as well as the MPV).
With a charger at home, you won't have the downside of the shit range and recharge times, taking away the biggest issues of actual driving these things.
If you're fine with paying way too much for a car, without having an actual reason to get one (judging by your post anyway), then go for it. It's your money, after all.

Driving out long distances sounds like a pain in the ass.

t. fag with friends who regularly drive across state lines

Actually, never mind after reading If you're dumb enough to consider leasing or taking a loan for a car, then you might as well just go for it.

I was and still sort of an a huge EV shill, but I'll be completely honest with you OP, electric is still a bit of a meme mode of transportation unless you pay up for the Model S or another luxury brand (in most cases).

The Model 3 and other comparable electric cars are great for urban living in areas without harsh winter's. Unfortunately very cold conditions are well documented to noticably cut performance and range. I have had the chance to drive pretty much every electric vehicle currently on the market in North America thanks to being at a bunch of marketing events, and they are nice and generally drive nice, but the practical nature for long distance driving and cold weather make many of them a tough recommendation.
I'll be realistic with you and say a plug in hybrid is probably a more reasonable choice at this point in time, and it's what I drive. My next car will probably be full electric a few years down the road but I have no complaints about PHEVs so far beyond typical subjective car opinions. (I drive an Outlander PHEV). But if you really want a Tesla OP go ahead, it's a cool vehicle, It's not a horrible choice.

Daily reminder that Taycan will burry this piece of shit company

If I could lease one I’d get it in an instant, but so far the Model 3s are for owning only, so they’re like $700/month which would be like 30% of my monthly income. I’d be willing to pay $500/month lease with like $3000 down.

literally who

Man, I would hate that. Didn't know that was a thing.

What happens if u have no internet?

Actually, very few Americans have $500 in savings available in case of emergency

I will consider something like that the moment it never needs to connect to the internet and can run on, if not free software, at least open source software and an open bootloader etc.

Aren't these botnets on wheels?
I like elon for his dank memes and all but not to the point where I'd pay a luxury price for a car I don't really own

If you manage your battery properly, aka always keep battery charged between 50-80%, then you'd do fine. EV car is mainly about maintaining the battery. Gas cars require gas/oil related maintenance.

American economy depends on financing. So everyone finances and builds credit. Works out fine.

>new models get made
>they get new software
>your Tesla doesn't

>trying to buy a certified pre-owned Tesla
youtube.com/watch?v=H8ro6kpKlw0
youtube.com/watch?v=AgMTx_xFezM
youtube.com/watch?v=pxSQuGeoug8
youtube.com/watch?v=ezqwfha-BZ8

Just get a honda accord and buy it in cash