/hpg/ - headphone general

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>IEM / in-ear / earbuds / earphone advice here :
Previous thread:

Attached: 24268382_p0.jpg (1200x853, 653K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/o7zkgbc1b6flevp/Beyerdynamic DT1990 (Analytic Earpads).pdf?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=45dU4WnD_LA
youtube.com/watch?v=0yr_kru6Gsc
youtube.com/watch?v=xWlHA56HcS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for king of midfi

Attached: 1523907275515.jpg (1274x716, 53K)

What's so bad about 1990s

second for king of hifi

Attached: 43D5AD7B-7CD1-48AE-8B94-913D5A201329.jpg (803x600, 86K)

Fourth for summit-fi

Attached: brookstone-ariana-grande-wireless-cat-ear-headphones.jpg (320x400, 74K)

earrape for trannies

Truly the man with fine tastes

Attached: lttcat.JPG.481b1543278dfb24afcc13980797b373.jpg (929x658, 57K)

But the neutrality

l300 + 252 is $1100 nzd, could probably get it cheapier overseas but then i get hit with imports

l700 + 252 is $2600 nzd, sure it sounds good but it didn't wow me in store

why the fuck should i fall for this jewish pricing if i wasn't even impressed with the sound

>Budget
Max 250$
>Location
Irrelevant as long as there is international shipping
>Source
PC, LG V20
>Open or closed
Preferably open
>comfort
Comfortable enough for 5-6hr stretches
>Sound signature
Neutral or slight bias over bass not entirely v shaped or niggerbass. Also should have decent soundstage.
>Past headphone
Been using hd598 for a long time and now that the autistic plastic ring in the earpad broke, I got HM5 pads which changed the signature to full V shaped, slightly improved bass at the cost of recessed mids. So I was thinking of getting hd600 as its successor but open for suggestions. Also a massive plus if it has a detachable wire.

Attached: f95d61bc7a54775e6f225f70e65c9a51.jpg (1280x1918, 186K)

Stax are maximum comfy

Attached: 20190203_051814.jpg (4032x3024, 2.89M)

stop shilling iemg in the op you fucking idiot

Cat phones, they will make you cuter :3

then go buy other shitphones retard

Linus sure has let himself go.

Airpods are the best headphones on the market

that was implied you dumbfuck

cool, no one cares about your gay blog. try facebook instead

inb4 sapphire or nikita wake up

Attached: 8B03B4EA-9BC0-41C1-8798-AC84C1EBC065.png (500x309, 88K)

What do they smell like /hpg/?

Just bought secondhand 668B for 10 euro. Now to get some decent pads..

NOOOOOOO DELETE THIS
SHIKUSOOOO

Kek

Meow birbposter

Something you should keep in mind is that both those bundles contain headphones and amp, and 1100€ for both is not even all that much honestly. If you don't nlike the sound there is no reason to buy them tho

STAX has no bass.

you seem to be confusing stax for HD600

Wait for Jubilees

Let's admit both these headphones have no bass

How hot are the trannydynamic T1? They say it's "semi-open" or "semi-closed".

nonsense, any sealed stax has linear bass just like any sealed planar. HD600 meanwhile has 0 subbass and rolled off midbass.

My current pair of headphones died today, feels like i lost a part of me.. Please help me find a new one I want to order one before the day ends. I need a good audio source like I need food.

Also is there a current flagship headphone you guys all stand by? Like I remember the ATH-m50 being real big here a few years ago when it comes to quality/price and everything else. What happened to that? What's the current ATH-m50?

>Budget
150 Euro's max

>Location
Netherlands

>Source
Either directly into my PC or this old PX22 sound card I still have laying around.

>Type of headphone
Full sized

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
All-day wearable tier

>Sound signature
I don't know much about this but would have a preference for deeper bass.

>Past headphones
Siberia steelseries,
Turtle beach PX22
And my current ones, which are some Sony headphones I forgot the name of. It has a flat red wire.

DT 770 has the bass.

STAX are colored garbage.

>audio shitnica
“no”

i said stax not HD600, calm down sweetie

seriously what happened they were beloved

memes

It's marketed as semi-open but it's really an open headphone. Honestly I think the DT880 sounds better but they're both better than the steaming hot pile of dogshit that is the DT1990.

ATH-M40X are cheaper and better than the overrated ATH-M50X actually, but according to some people need different earpads to bring up their comfort and sound signature. Overall neutral sound though, not much low end.

Another low budget pair of closed headphones that's often recommended for its comfort are the Takstar Pro 82. They also have sliders on the cups to adjust vent holes giving them more or less bass depending on your liking.

Something else that'll barely fit into your budget are the Sony MDR-1A. Very lush, soft, enjoyable sound for music.

Ah I see, so they're still good then I'm assuming.

Suggested DT 770, how does this compare against the ATH-M50x can anyone weigh in on that?

>DT1990
What's wrong with them?

>they're still good
They were never good. People just realized it too late.

dropbox.com/s/o7zkgbc1b6flevp/Beyerdynamic DT1990 (Analytic Earpads).pdf?dl=0

They've got excessive treble.

This is already becoming way too complicated guys I just wanna be told what headphones to get. I'm just planning on the ATH-M50x unless someone can give me one real good reason not to. I just don't want to regret my purchase god damn it

good budget phones >$70?

>unless someone can give me one real good reason not to
You will regret it. :^)

Wait actually the Sony MDR-1A looks way too good for it's price? it's the same as an ATH-m50X basically

Go ahead and buy it then retard. You won’t be the first person to ignore /hpg/ and regret it and you won’t be the last.

>listening to /hpg/
this place gives shit advice

Attached: 15.jpg (1440x2444, 1.98M)

dt770 has significantly higher build quality and sounds better, especially when EQed. only thing m50x has going for it is a detachable cable.

If you listen to HD600 shills them obviously.

TFW no qt audiophile asian gf

I'm not ignoring anyone but half the answers I get aren't even serious responses and they only end up making me less sure about wtf to buy

No they don't, fuck off harmantardon.

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus.
Well built, detachable cable, bass ports for you to customize the amount of bass to your liking.
In the future you can also get DT770 pads for even more comfort.

Alright, since I don't care too much about the cable thing. I'm now leaning more towards the DT770 or the Sony MDR-1A the other user recommended

The original MDR-1A (red accents) offer very good value these days because they've been reduced in price after Sony released a newer revision a year ago, MDR-1AM2 or whatever it's called. Used to cost upwards of 200€.

I think it's gonna be the MDR-1A then, can someone confirm I'm not making a terrible decision. it's around 140 euro's seems very fair.

Alright so I wasn't reading the specs wrong this is a really good value deal then right?

>they're still good then I'm assuming
What happened is that the original M50 was consideres good on the first editions of the /HPG/, it used to rival the MDR V6 in the suggestions. However after quite some time and with everyone buying and praisint them the price started to rise everywhere, people srill bought it and thought it sounded good for the price. Eventually it got so expensive (around the time they released the M50X) they simply became bad choices next the other options on the price range.
/HPG/ is all about exagerating everything, so they went from "good for the price" to "bad for the price" to "hurr it's shit".
Most Anons here didn't even knew about /HPG/ back in the day, so they just pass on the memes without really understanding them.

Not a bad choice. Also check , it's another popular option.

Nobody here can read your sound profile preferences off your lips, but on a purely technical level neither the MDR-1A nor the M40X, M50X or DT770 will be a bad purchase, not nearly as much as your previous gamer garbage headphones anyway. Objectively these all perform well and are well built and comfortable, they just sound slightly differently.

youtube.com/watch?v=45dU4WnD_LA
youtube.com/watch?v=0yr_kru6Gsc
youtube.com/watch?v=xWlHA56HcS4

>can someone confirm I'm not making a terrible decision. it's around 140 euro's seems very fair.
I have the mdr-1r and it's crap. the 1A is supposed to be a bit better. would just go for a haafee hd1

>single sided connector headphones are readily wired for TRRS internally

Attached: 1316656278173.gif (200x200, 133K)

>Preferences
Shit man.
First I've seen someone acknowledge that exists in hpg

Meow but not him

Anyone have experience with the Dekoni Blue Fostex Planars?

Oh I am mistaken

>dt770 has higher build quality

lmao no fucking way, the cable is cheap and as you said it yourself, not detachable. also heard lots of stories of drivers buzzing after less than a year.

What is this I hear about stacks?

Attached: IMG_20190116_210910.jpg (837x1488, 379K)

I have the m50x and I like them but you should get some open backed ones instead.

Decided to get the MDR-1A after a few suggestions.

Ah that explains a lot thanks.

I went for the MDR-1A. For no particular reason other than to make this process a bit easier for myself.

Thank you so much that's all I really needed to hear. The choices are kind of overwhelming, and the difference extremely hard to figure out, compared to picking a monitor for example...

based

Attached: IMG_20190204.jpg (3961x2096, 988K)

No problem, user. Hope you enjoy them.

My best advice is to disregard most opinions in these threads. It's full of memes, cancer and people talking shit about headphones they have never heard.

Just read reviews in websites like rtings, diyaudioheaven or Innerfidelity. Buy the headphones you like most, and if you regret your choice, you can return them. By the way, I think the ATH-M50x will meet all your needs.

>rtings

Yeah the shitposts really confused me for a second but I did end up getting some real solid suggestions. I think I made a good decision getting the MDR-1A. Otherwise I probably woulda straight went for the M50x

I think you should try them out before having an opinion on your purchase. Don't hesitate to return them if you don't like them.

Post stax
>tfw no tube amp

Attached: 1525696525301.jpg (4618x3464, 718K)

What happened to that user who kvetched to the mods about people discussing headphones he couldn't afford? Doesn't seem like anything has happened.

Attached: 1504397065428.jpg (611x508, 71K)

Why is akg such a qt3.14

I order them online though, the hassle of returning that stuff to try other products ehh idk. too much work.

That would be ideal to do in a store, but unfortunately the tech stores here feature the absolute worst headphones.

I mean unless they REALLY suck ofc

cool anecdotes, now go look at the vastly larger number of people who disagree

a vastly larger number of people like m50x's than hate them as well.

When I connect my headphone amp to my Integrated amp I can hear a very lound Humming noise, what gives? Plugging them in the same outlet didn't fix.

so we're in agreement that random shitter opinions mean nothing then? plus I never said m50x were bad, just not as good as 770s.

>Budget
120$
>Location
Europe
>Source
Laptop and phone
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
irrelevant
>Comfort level
2 h comfyness
>Past headphones
some JVC in ear thrash

Are bluetooth headphones a meme ? are they always worse than a similar priced cable product ?

Sennheiser HD 599 (132€)
Beyerdynamic DT 990 (122€)

Choose your poison. I prefer the Sennheiser since I'm sensible to high frequencies.

As someone who tried the DT 990 Premium and HD 599. The HD 599 is about the same in terms of soundstage. Imaging i would hand it to the DT 990;. Bass to the DT 990. Mids to the HD 599 and treble well I just prefer the higher treble of the DT 990, HD 599 is far more relaxed.

Thank you, senpai

DT 990 premium was more comfier to me. Headband was more noticeable on the HD 599 too.

Wtf bros, the DT look amazingly comfy

>Budget
~$50-75
>Location
USA
>Source
Laptop and phone
>Type of headphone
Doesn't matter
>Open or closed
Doesn't matter
>Comfort level
Hecka
>Past headphones
Free shit

I need some blutooth or wireless headphones for studying and some music but quality isn't super important, wireless is a must though. I've had some luck with over-ear in the past but if there are comfortable in-ear wireless headphones I'll give' em a try

Thanks Jow Forums have an onsa

Attached: 1543429872147.jpg (1200x669, 98K)

Get the takstar pro 82 you won't need anything else and then leave this board before it's autism gets you too.

Some people say the DT 990 has ear piercing treble but I never really noticed that as much as people say. Even when playing tracks that specifically cater to that it wasn't as bad as everyone said. The highs on the DT 990 are pretty sharp though, I like them for my FPS games. The HD 599 isn't as sharp but it's not like everything appears muffled, its way more relaxed. If you listen to more vocal focused music I would prefer the HD 599, if you like bassy music then I would prefer the DT 990.

I didn't hear these headphones. I own the Beyerdynamic DT 880 and the Sennheiser HD 600, and I prefer the highs on the Sennheiser over the beyer. It sounds more natural to me, while the DT 880 sounds harsh. Didn't hear the HD 599 nor the DT 990, though... There's people who find the Sennheiser veiled... I don't think that.

Both headphones are top tier in comfort.

Attached: cute feet.png (800x800, 626K)