I'm shutting off the internet for 6 months so I can become productive again

I'm shutting off the internet for 6 months so I can become productive again.

Is this a good idea Y/N

Attached: seinfeld the contest.jpg (620x368, 26K)

just block this place

Learning in a vaccum is just as bad

I'll just substitute with binge watching tech youtube channels

No, it has to be completely shut off or I don't stand a chance

Attached: DwkcvthXcAA9GJt.jpg (1080x1190, 54K)

Yes

Six whole months? Sounds quite extreme to me to be honest, especially with how fast the world works now. If you completely cut yourself off for that long, you'll probably come back feeling like a person from the 1800s visiting the 22nd century.

A lot of the stuff you do might become way harder.
The world is more dependent on the internet nowadays than it was 10-15 years ago. That being said if your job/school work can be done without internet, I highly encourage you to try it. It WILL make you more productive, but keep in mind it might be hard at first. Good luck, OP!

Attached: 1545091882367.jpg (2000x1485, 1.83M)

you have a personality problem not an internet problem

So you're claiming you don't waste half or more of your free time on trivial bullshit found online?

Just get LeechBlock (for Firefox) or Stayfocusd (for Chrome) and set a schedule to block Jow Forums during productivity hours.

Attached: leech.jpg (672x476, 53K)

it ain't a waste if you enjoy yourself

If all you do is try to enjoy yourself, then you'll never be productive. This is also a shallow type of joy.

Being productive will suck at first but after a while you'll see how it brings you a special kind of joy, a higher joy than you knew before. This is not a shallow type of joy.

Attached: monks-smoking.jpg (417x277, 41K)

just do what lukesmith did and dont route internet to your home, instead use campus/starbucks/work wifi

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, I feel like i'm getting dumber.

Attached: 168767868787.jpg (238x192, 9K)

We're all collectively getting dumber. Internet is making us into complete idiots since it's always easier to google things than to actually learn them proper

Yes

for you

If it's actively getting in the way of things you're trying to accomplish, then go for it. Just be sure you don't end up replacing the internet with something that's as big of a waste of time.
What is it you're trying to be productive in anyway?

Game development

Unless you've got some really good books at hand, you'll need to look up the internet for help eventually.

I've got good books and I'm also that good. The internet has been nothing but a distraction for me past 5 or so years. I'd like to get into the kind of creative zone da Vinci was in, or other great artists

In that case, yeah, go for it.

Go to router settings and block youtube