I just got this laptop, how fucked up am I?

I just got this laptop, how fucked up am I?

Attached: dell_ryzen.png (1054x693, 1.09M)

It's ok.
It will crash Adobe Premiere but it will also keep you warm during winter

Lisa will personally come to your house with a strap-on.

If you want to install Linux make sure to pick a distro with kernel 4.18+. Ubuntu 18.04 just wouldn't load for me.

At least it's not Intel shit.

Good CPU, dogshit GPU

Good for not going to Intel.

>stickers not aligned
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1524619841904.jpg (326x326, 16K)

This. Fuck you OP just for that

Don't get my hopes up asshole

you're fine. this fag has a 7 with Vega 10 toasting bagels

no drivers

Good cpu and gpu performance however the idle power usage does drain the battery somewhat fast
So it's still a nice pick and good on you to avoid Intel

Just give it to me bro!

vega IGPU is trash, good cpu long battery life
just add boot flags retard

>vega IGPU is trash
>dogshit GPU
What is this shit now? I thought the Ryzen iGPUs were supposed to be good. Or are you just upset that you can't get an iGPU that performs like Vega 64?

no linux drivers for ryzen apus, runs like shit. no 7 either so get used to win spyware 10

Attached: 1506564764539.gif (350x206, 2.72M)

proof that the owner is a fat slob with sweaty hands. imagine how much sweat and fatness you need to make this special glue to not just come of but slide the whole sticker

I only weigh 165, sticker weren't aligned from factory.

> only 165 kg

>What is this shit now? I thought the Ryzen iGPUs were supposed to be good.
Oh the iGPUs are really good. The problem is they can't really utilize that power because they're constantly memory-bandwidth starved. Especially so in a lot of laptops that run single-channel low speed memory in stock.

I recently got myself a HP Envy x360 15" with Ryzen 5 (13" would likely just throttle to shit, which is why I went for this one) and I'm happy. Works great for Linux. Lack of keyboard backlighting triggered me, but I can do without it.

I'm sure you'll be happy too, OP.

anything will crash premiere

And there's also the issue with drivers, until recently releasing drivers updates was up to OEMs, and as you might expect they didn't give a fuck after they got money for the product and the drivers were really really outdated and you couldn't just download and install most recent drivers straight from AMD. Only recently AMD decided to handle the mobile drivers themselves.

2400g? I have one and it's pretty fucking good, can run literally everything i've thrown at it. Might upgrade to the 3600g when that comes out if it has 480 tier performance which it should considering the 2400g is like a 1030

pounds.

are you retarded?
that's the point of the post

Amd apus work great on the linux kernel
kys win10 fag
t. R5 2400G working great on linux

what distro and do you have a dedicated gpu? I tried installing debian with my 2400g and it didn't work, refused to go to 1080p resolution

It's a cheap piece of shit. It probably has a thermal solution that will throttle the CPU completely.

not a problem on Linux, since AMD drivers are in the kernel.

performs somewhere between the 2200g and the 2400g, pretty good for a single SoC. Cheap too.

Poor memory configuration, not only will you have to share your ddr4 to the iGpu, it's also probably rather slow. But it should be ok for light games.

amd laptops suck at linux

Try a distro that isn't ancient

((()))

mine can't hibernate

For Linux the Raven ridge iGPUs had issues with amdgpu last I checked
the 2200/2400 work fine but the mobile parts are fucky.

If you are using windows you are going to be stuck with the ancient AMD driver
because AMD left that up to the OEMs to update and don't directly support Raven ridge.
I tried updating the driver to 19.1 by forcing the driver update, which caused BSODs every time catalyst would try to communicate with the iGPU/dGPU (mine has a 560X and Vega 8)
Outside of those issues the laptop runs great and even while playing games on it I only gets up to 65C. Battery life is pretty meh because of the idle power draw of Ryzen in general

Did you allocate enough swap?

prepare your holes.

Attached: Jihae-Mortal-Engines-Red-Coat.jpg (765x900, 76K)

those components arent bad by themselves
it depends on the rest of it
the lenovo 330 is ok
the 330s is not, its only single channel ram
the hp envy x360 is probably the best 2500u laptop
i dont know what dells its in, probably inspirion 15 with touch shit? idk
hi dubs poster, you wanna know a secret? novideo laptop drivers are shit too, most laptop manufacturers are shit, some of them dont even support optimus properly.

Yes, it's a graphic issue i think, because it works when blacklisting graphic modules.

amd handles drivers now

>debian
try something that uses a kernel from the last 5 years

hello fellow dubs poster
to add on to my previous post, apparently AMD is releasing Raven Ridge support in their normal driver release sometime in Q1
but im not going to hold my breath

Could have gotten a Ryzen ThinkPad.

Attached: 1531326791531.jpg (223x225, 8K)

>no linux drivers for ryzen apus
retard

Attached: 1549429387422.jpg (312x395, 31K)

>dogshit gpu
>literally as good as novideo mx150 with proper memory

I like Debian but the other fags here are right. On Debian the kernel in stretch-backports should be fine.