What sound card is recommended for a new build?

What sound card is recommended for a new build?

Attached: awe32.jpg (1280x720, 267K)

none unless you need one for something specific

and no, playing gaymes doesn't count

I want sound quality that isn't dogshit

>sound card
*sip* SB Live!

Attached: 1549181127993.png (378x370, 120K)

just plug the long thingy on the end of your audio cable into the round hole that's on the back of your computer

we're not in 1999 anymore, onboard audio has come a long way

Gravis Ultrasound MAX

Sound cards are worthless, that's why nobody makes them. Even Creative is phasing them out. Onboard audio on most decent ($150+) motherboards is good enough. The line out on my Asus board has close to zero noise. If you want to travel down the audiophile road you don't buy a sound card, you buy a USB DAC. If you want DAC recommendations I would ask the fags in the headphone thread, but you should specify a price range.

sound blasterx ae-5

None. If you work with audio or use high-impedance headphones all the best devices are external nowadays. For the average user onboard audio on any non-trash motherboard is trasnparent.

This.
Yeah you don't really need one nowadays.

>usb dac
>audiophile
Do you know about jitter?

>Sound cards are worthless, that's why nobody makes them. Even Creative is phasing them out.
That's complete bullshit though. Creative are still releasing new products and EVGA just released their first one last month. Whatever your opinion on them, they're not going anywhere.

People shitting on sound cards live in 2009.

American education, gentlemen. Rest of the world has known for a decade and a half that there's no benefit compared to cheap on board audio in any blind test.

Attached: 1549348993895.jpg (562x530, 62K)

>USB DAC

Attached: 4L_f9kX5ZTW.jpg (355x355, 13K)

if you really want the best sound possible just run an optical cable from your mobo to your amplifier
>but I don't own an amplifier
then you don't actually care about quality sound in any aspect

We basically replaced big ass sound cards with big ass video cards. No need for the sound card, unless as stated you are doing some professional music production stuff.

Roland 32
Trust me, you will thank me every time you listen to it.

>amplifying digital signal

Attached: 1539025715071.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Use the onboard HDMI for sound output or TOSLINK

T U R T L E

B
E
A
C
H

S A N T A

C
R
U
Z

receiver, sorry I use the terms interchangeably

Buy a DAC/Amp then, retard.

Fuck off, retard

Unless you need specific I/O ports, a sound card isn't going to do shit. They're pretty much built on the same chipsets as whatever integrated sound is on your gayman mobo.

>receiving digital signal

Attached: 1549340473855.jpg (256x256, 11K)

sound blaster z

Roland Sound Canvas SC-55 MKII

>they're not going anywhere
because retards like you keep buying them

they're a niche product with little to no incremental upgrades over the past 10 years, they're not gonna pass up that free money

>because retards like you keep buying them
I don't own a sound card and still use a pair of OEM PC speakers that I got along with my very first PC in 1998. Nice try though, kid.

based boomer

Attached: 1543494532343.gif (1000x640, 127K)