Buying new laptop, thoughts?

hey Jow Forums about to buy a new laptop thinking of getting a dell xps 15 9570 and splitting the 512GB hard drive for a dual boot system (gentoo and winfag), it is important that it has thunderbolt 3 support (4 lanes hell ye)

good choice? or not? are there better laptops with thunderbolt 3 support? k

Attached: dell_xps_15_4zu3.jpg (1400x1050, 540K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dell_XPS_15_9570
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

XPS 13 fag here. I like it a lot, can recommend, heard good things about the 15 inch version.

I have the XPS 13 9370. Love it. Zero issues what so ever

aight guess I will go for it then, it is expensive but I plan on purchasing a good laptop once and using it for a long time so I guess it is worth it

Can't go wrong with either dell or thinkpads. Check the archwiki for your specific make and model. They usually have what's working or not.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dell_XPS_15_9570

I have a 15 and I've got a screen rippling issue.
Seems its not that common but one to keep in mind

oh really nice didn't know archwiki had individual pages for specific laptops

how's the 15 for portability?

I'm considering either 13 or 15 and I don't want anything too bulky since I move a lot, but the 15" screen and gpu would be nice to have

Wouldn't be a Thinkpad better option thinking about durability? Like the X1 Extreme?

price tho

>it is expensive but I plan on purchasing a good laptop once and using it for a long time so I guess it is worth it

I have this laptop, currently running arch on it, runs great and has support for vendor to screen silent boot and full linux support for everything except for the fingerprint reader.

It's pretty good, I got a dell backpack from their site for 40 bucks extra and it holds the laptop and my networking tools great.

I looked into X1 Extreme and it is too expensive to be honest, the dell xps 15 9570 has a good performance and price ratio and what do you mean by durability

Which configuration are you looking into, the base configuration is pretty meh.

I have this with win10 + noobuntu dual boot. Can't play any games though cause overheats so badly..

and I have it with maxed out specs

I have a precision 5530 with a HD screen and it's pretty much perfect. First dell PC, happy so far. Running Linux on it.

definitely want thunderbolt 3 support (4 lanes) a good processor 16gb ram at least 512 gb full hd screen at least 15"

Get the i7-8750h (it's actually faster without a repaste due to thermal issues with the i9) with the hd screen and the 97 wh battery (no second drive model)

that is what I am planning to do, almost fell for the cheap price noticed the builtin battery was actually lower, noped the fuck outta there

Shit aspect ratio. Why would you even a laptop with such puny screen?
Matebook X pro / Matebook 13 has thunderbolt 3 too (versions with no discrete GPU only). It probably doesn't perform better, but at least it has a nice screen.

>Recommending Chinese Government backed spying devices
good one Xi, go back to being mad at winnie the pooh

idk man the screen is pretty ok I guess

>Huawei

Still better than NSA, though it has both anyway cause intel CPU. But X pro can actually hide webcam so there's that.

guess imma tape that mf cam on the dell xps 15 9570

What do you plan on doing with it? If it's just for browsing the internet / compiling shit just get a second hand latitude.