Rust

I was thinking of learning rust but then I noticed that their Code of conduct is openly discriminatory:

"in particular we don't tolerate behavior that excludes people in socially marginalized groups"

Which once un-bullshittified translates to: "If you are an asshole towards some people nothing will happen, but if you are an asshole towards our protected group of people you'll be punished. We decide who is part of the protected group."

What do? Do I learn it besides the fact that the people in charge of the project are apparently complete assholes? Do I learn another language, such as D or Python? (I already Know C)

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-05 18-09-01.png (769x714, 110K)

don't engage in the community on anything but technical issues?

Attached: bigbait.jpg (500x500, 55K)

But keep supporting it by making it more popular.

They want people to not be assholes to each other. Some people need extra reminders that other people are indeed people. But mostly they want people to not be assholes to each other.
It seems really clear to me. What part are you having trouble with?

>be a robot
Sorry socjus but humans need to live.

No they want a particular bunch of people to be protected while the rest are savaged and ravaged.
And then you smugly sit there and say "well, don't be an asshole guys" then smile like a snake.
Asshole.

Programming languages are tools, mate. Use whatever is best suited to get the job done.

>We will exclude you from interaction if you insult, demean or harass anyone.
>anyone.
What part of this is difficult for you?

Why would you even read CoC? Do you really care that much about it? How does stuff that is written there affects you?

Attached: 1543937485695.jpg (1024x1004, 269K)

Never deal with leftists.

Attached: literal boomer.jpg (642x558, 70K)

You already know c so I would suggest learning python. Because its usable (widely used), large community with some decent normal people, easy to use and learn, you can extend it with c, and employment opportunities.

On the political, those types infest and degrade any thing they manage to. Look at Firefox, its gone to shit. Those types started rust, and are in control so its not going anywhere. Underhanded "rules for radicals" as applied to software tactics or not.

Who the fuck cares?

Kek at fags here saying they know a language. Nigga so what? It takes 3 days to learn a language and years learn frameworks, tools, best practices and APIs to be able to build shit. Unless you know these to a certain high extent in your language ecosystem of choice your "muh i know c bro" means shit.

Unless you're going to be working on Rust itself, why do you care ? In your own projects you can use whatever conduct you want

Why is it ok to exclude/attack people for political or religious beliefs but not ok to take that into account when deciding what to use?

A programming language has nothing to do with politics or religion.

unless you're politically right leaning, then you're excluded for political beliefs.

who gives a fuck? rust is the best choice for programming language in a lot of situations; politics shouldn't affect your choice of what to use

Huh? Where is the magical barrier that stops you from using Rust when you are politically right leaning?

The barrier is made up of the gays. They literally stand guard over an intangible piece of software so that right-leaning straight people can't reach it.

>The maintainers of a project don't want you to harass its developers
>the gays forbid heterosexuals from using rust for any purpose!!!1!1!

>he starts learning programming languages by looking at their CoC
Man, I never thought, but these anti-SJWs are really exactly like SJWs themselves, aren't they?

Sexual preference is a zero sum game. For each gay person who exists, a straight person had to die. Alan Turning himself put this curse on the world when he invented computation.

>socially marginalized groups
Does that include gamers?

Do you think I can fool them with an LGBT shirt or some shit like that?

Yeah, but what if I want to contribute a feature and then I'm arbitrarily excluded because of a retarded CoC?

This kind of stuff is a big red flag for the Rust community. Imagine you're on a date and the girl has a nazi tattoo, big red flag right? "But you can still date her without concern for her tattoo, just ignore the fact that she's a fkn nazi"

A language with a retarded community is basically the same as a language with no community, as you can't trust the community to be competent in the long run.

I would prefer to learn a language with a good community, because then I can rest assured that there'll be decent libraries, support, etc.

Just don't make jew jokes on their github and don't use twitter (there is no reason to use twitter).

Rust's SJWs are pretty tame compared to Ruby's or Linux's ones.

please stop being obtuse, that's clearly not what this is about, otherwise they wouldn't have Ashley "Kill All Men" Williams as a community person.

This is just SJWism, plain and simple. It has absolutely nothing to do with "being nice".

>that formatting

GO

BACK

TO

REDDIT

>have a useless CoC
>someone actually reads it
>he is worse than you
way to go, tranny, go check your mental health inb4 a suicide

>Linux's ones

The Linux kernel guidelines are not SJW. They're just a little bit too sensitive, but they never say "you can harass these people but can't exclude that people" like Rust does, or anything along those lines.

>Rust's SJWs are pretty tame compared to Ruby's or Linux's ones.
There's no such thing as tame SJWs. Anybody left of Fox is left of Lenin.
Also, they all use Macs.

Code of Conducts are explicitly political documents, as stated by the creator of the most popular code of conduct.

Attached: 1530209848418.png (604x311, 54K)

Sorry I don't understand what you're talking about, what's the proper formatting?

politics are not considered a protected class, so you can be removed from the project for your personal political views. This was an intentional decision.

This is actually illegal in California.

Then move to California and take it to court

Politics is more important than the right tool for the job m8
Stallman realized this a long time ago.
If we listened to your advice, nobody would be using Python or R, everyone would still be using MATLAB.
Nobody would be using Linux, instead people would pay for Oracle Solaris or Windows.

/thread

I don't like people telling me what to do but I sure as hell won't give a fuck about reading a CoD when all I want to use is a *technical* product

I leave the political bullshit to others

>Politics is more important than the right tool for the job m8
this is why you don't have a job

oh my...
>cows produce milk
>humans drink milk
>humans == cows

That's not how logic works, you wimp. Just stating few facts that are not related doenst make your point any more viable.
Politics are useless when it comes to productivity and merit on efficiency and economics of scale. That's why Stallman was never right, and his project sucks ass, unlike based Linus and every corporate $$$ stuff out there.

Having a choice to use something is one thing, forcing everyone to use it, because you think its moral or its politically correct is another. And its not good, and it doesnt lead to anything good.

>69679317
good luck asking a technical question and hiding your true identity, when the moderator comes and asks you to reveal it and it turns out you are cis white male.

Stormvirgins are constantly complaining about this CoC stuff, but they never manage to compete with it by making their own shit. Maybe that's because they're all spoiled children incapable of building anything by themselves.
I have no respect for people who cry about politics and can't even FizzBuzz their way out of a paper bag.

Learn something else, you promote it by using it.
Don't listen to the disingenuous SJW assholes around here.

Come home white man.

Attached: 6776.png (248x203, 8K)

Massive text block without line breaks.

You talk as if the people pushing this kind of shit has nothing on their GitHub but documentation commits.

Go back and check a few situations of people pushing CoC on big projects in GitHub, always some SJW type with zero commits on the target project.

If you find Mozilla acting like a bunch of retards shocking, you will be thrilled watching the weather report.

I would like to know, why you guys care so much about "code of conduct"?
I can understand the political/ideological reasons behind, but I mean, how does this affects you? They can forbid you to use their language, sue or some other dumb shit?

>A language with a retarded community is basically the same as a language with no community

They can be 100% trans-black-disability-having-kid-loving people for all you know, if their lib is the best in the market I bet you wouldn't give a shit.

Everyone has a diferent approch to learning and I respect that.

I reverse engineer code and own books, that's how I learn a new language and work my way out. I never bothered asking a question to the internet regarding code and the last time I asked about code was in CS to a teacher.

I repeat, just use a tool for it's face value (ie. technical) and not for the political bullshit that might hide behing it. Life's too short to bother with flamewars and trolls from either sides.

Because codes of conduct and terms of service aren't there for the users, it's a way for an authority to have a way to boot anyone at any time. It's a method of control, not of improving a community. The problem with passively accepting something like this is that it shows the authority that nobody would actually protest. If the government made a law that you disagree with, not protesting would be an acceptance of it whether you agree or not.

>people pushing CoC on big projects in GitHub
I know about Coraline Ada whatever-the-fuck. I can think of a couple projects off the top of my head that adopted her proposal as written, and a lot more that rejected it, or adopted something completely different, prompting her to throw a tantrum. She's as useless as the stormvirgins, but because she tried to pull some shit, people think that any attempt to codify and broadcast a request for basic human decency is secretly a power play by the Soviet revolutionary intelligentsia. Meanwhile the Rust team is busting ass and writing a lot of code. They've been getting shit done. They continue to get shit done. The whiners are unable to process that.

>It's a method of control, not of improving a community.
Ah, I understand now. Thanks.

and whomst pray tell gets to gatekeep the term "socially marginalized group" ???

Yes goy, let us spy on you, it helps us provide a better service to you and makes our product better than the others.
Goyim, don't let your politics get in the way of using the best tool!

>everything has to be black and white
>you cannot possibly differentiate between privacy related issues and real life politics that have absolutely nothing to do with the product
Ok.

Dear Jow Forums raid Discord servers:
You suck at shitposting.
Please try harder next time.