Give me a single reason why you need to spend thousands of dollars on a "modern" PC besides "muh manchild gaems!"

Give me a single reason why you need to spend thousands of dollars on a "modern" PC besides "muh manchild gaems!"

Office suites are virtually unchanged in terms of functionality. Websites are more demanding in terms of graphics, but the information they provide is the same regardless of your system. Coding, by and large, remains unchanged. The only concessions I might make are for supported speeds (internet, RAM, etc.) and storage capabilities, but even if you just move to Windows XP (or linux equivalents of the time), those are removed almost entirely, and largely irrelevant if you're doing actual, productive work.

Attached: Amiga500_system.jpg (2531x1965, 2.04M)

There are actual professions that use powerful computers user, photo/video editing, 3D modeling, etc. If your computer use consists of reading emails and editing spread sheets you can do that with almost anything.

>rants about muh gaems
>posts a pic of a computer that in reality was all about muh gaems aside from top models like A2000/A3000/A4000

PLC and SCADA/HMI programming

10bit anime

I suggest you leave Jow Forums if you have no technical or programming knowledge

Music production

electron apps

>whines about games
>posts a shitty Amiga that was only ever good as a gaming console/deluxe paint machine

Because I have a extra cash in the bank and nothing to do with it. Might as well reduce my time spent waiting on my computer.

Truth

You can't do anything more than you could during the XP era but you have to upgrade because you'll be left behind by the rest of the world and become a dinosaur

>you'll be left behind by the rest of the world
you say this like it's a bad thing. if there's a ship heading towards a volcano, i wouldn't want to be on it

What fucking timeline are you from, it was a general purpose computer, you did everything from browsing BBSes to your schoolwork on it.

Art students are gay as hell nigga

Nothing that couldn't be achieved with a "modernized" Pentium 2 and an FPGA, with almost no detriment to the UX.
Faster computers ultimately aren't for the customer's benefit -- it's for the programming industry's benefit, so we can run code on top of code on top of code.
This is despite the fact that Lisp, on its own, still remains a competitive language and developing environment without the need for a webserver serving a react front end as a UI, totalling 1gb and thousands of wasted clock cycles, for a desktop application, that Delphi, had it not been practically abandoned, could've achieved in a few KBs and a fraction of a percent of the clock cycles.

The Amiga is a bad example OP, since it was a far more capable machine at the time, it just wasn't priced high.

Photoshop
ClipStudioPaint
Xplane 11

Attached: xplane 11.webm (1920x810, 1.76M)

Xplanes zoom is just moving the camera and changing the FOV, it's all shitty LOD from the distance

Attached: tip helmet.gif (160x201, 14K)

Android programming with 10 emulators at once.

Hardware advancement was a mistake. Jevon's Paradox is in full effect with computers.

ie. Wirth's Law.

work

some of us actually drive these shitheaps for a living