Devs - why are they so stupid?

Why are developers so fucking stupid?
In nearly a decade working in IT, I have yet to meet one who wasn't at least one of these, in order of most common
1 - an insufferable cunt
2 - completely technologically illiterate
3 - terrible at coding
4 - smelly
5 - an Applefag (considerable overlap with 1)

How is it possible for these people to get jobs as developers when none of them could even tell you in the most basic terms what DNS is, or how IP addresses are assigned to devices on networks, or even how to turn off UAC.
These assholes demand Domain Admin accounts when 99% of them couldn't write a web app that wouldn't be pwned by a 14 year old with a copy of Kali Linux within 5 minutes.
The state of 'developers' these days is worrying, and it's getting worse. It's not as if what they do is difficult. Accept input - process it - display results, that's it, any one can do it, which probably explains that state of the average 'dev' these days.
I reckon that if PC's didn't come pre-installed with Windows, most devs wouldn't have the know-how to be able to install it. They certainly wouldn't be able to join it to a domain or even know why you would do so.
I hate devs so god damn much.

Attached: I.png (625x605, 112K)

this post is embarrasing

So is your GitHub repo.

Attached: 1504470563228.jpg (1280x702, 111K)

>Devs are required to know everything about networking
You u are retarded. Devs specialize in writing code, not IT. Yes, many devs are insufferable cunts but that is because they are majority basedboys and cucks or went to a "prestigious" school (also because many of them are Asians or poo in loos). They have skills in coding, not in IT, and that why they get paid more than you Billy Joe.

Attached: 1479260593900.jpg (645x773, 68K)

please don't reply to my posts it's gross

Because the rest of the industry is run by smelly, insufferable, technologically illiterate cunts who are also terrible at coding.

The real question is why is OP such a whiny faggot?

god why is everybody so stupid except me

i'm the only not stupid one

>know everything about networking
Having a basic understanding of DHCP, DNS, and how they interact is literally taught to schoolchildren these days.
>Devs specialize in writing code
Oh really? I thought their job was to complain about only having 64GB of RAM in their laptop, and insist that every PC needs a copy of MySQL running locally to support their app.
>that why they get paid more than you Billy Joe.
I doubt it. Additionally, most of them get found out after about 6 months of copying and pasting from stack overflow when they encounter something that doesn't have a solution that can be Googled and get sacked.
If I decide to move into development, my first project will be a tool to put other developers out of work.

Attached: mm.png (500x575, 170K)

>They certainly wouldn't be able to join it to a domain or even know why you would do so.
You make fun of us for being retarded but if this is the best you got I'm not impressed. We're above shit like that.

Try working for a real fucking company you baboon. You wouldn't hassle a real chef about his choice of profession based off of your experience managing a McDonald's. The hypothetical developer you describe works at some bottom-barrel chopshop writing garbage websites in proprietary stacks.

IT goons love to get on their high horses about how they know everything actually works but it turns out that to be a good dev you do need to know everything a good IT person knows but the inverse isn't true. I've met plenty of IT people I respect (and plenty of devs I don't) but generally speaking the bar is lower over their and your whole profession knows it.

Attached: 1754l.jpg (267x400, 23K)

>We're above shit like that.
You're 'above' it in the same way that HR or the mailroom, or the janitors, are 'above' it, meaning in the sense that you know nothing about it.
>Try working for a real fucking company you baboon
I manage roughly 26K endpoints. I refuse to manage developers devices. When they fuck them up by running code on their boxes instead of the provided infrastructure, all I'm willing to do is to have a tech reimage the device.
>to be a good dev you do need to know everything a good IT person knows
That's a unicorn mate, not a 'good dev'.
>generally speaking the bar is lower over their and your whole profession knows it

>Be developer
>Get asked to refactor code written on a 286DX with 16MB of RAM
>Needs $3000 laptop to do it

If techs acted like devs, they'd all be carrying custom built 16TB flash drives with a copy of Windows 98SE on it because "that's what they use".

>but the inverse isn't true

>accept input
>process it
>output results
what am I missing here?

I genuinely bursted out laughing reading this post. Outside server farms, 99% IT guys are janitors in comparison to devs. Your expertise is installing drivers and setting up network credentials. Wow, such talent, I self-learned to set up routers and segment networks when I was 14 years old. I have met three IT guys in my entire life who weren't visibly dead inside.

OP, you and your entire field is a joke among devs.

>stonetoss

Attached: fyy52dzo6a011.png (420x420, 15K)

>what am I missing here?
The irony of your whole post.

Hell I don't even disagree.

I'm gay btw in case that matter lol

>Oh really? I thought their job was to complain about only having 64GB of RAM in their laptop, and insist that every PC needs a copy of MySQL running locally to support their app.
No it's your job to deal with minor complaints because your job is apparently tech support lol. Why would they explain the rest of their job to you beyond the time they need to interact with you?

You have never wrote a single loc in your life, go and bring me another ssd please you poor tech

>Accept input - process it - display results
cool, how about you simulate some ivicid flow over an aircraft wing
too hard? how about graphlet isomorphism?
still too hard? how about simple 2D image segmentation?

oh... I see. well, I'll just have a black espresso, thanks. no, I don't need a receipt.

Attached: boobs-butt-and-feet-comic.png (1000x1000, 67K)

>Gnomfags BTFO

Hey, you're 1 as well!
Glad I could help.

>IT monkey jealousy
If you're so smart you learn to program

>4 - smelly
Have you ever checked yourself?
Just cuz you shower everyday doesn't mean you use deo, shampoo, and brush your teeth.

there's nothing wrong with being an insufferable cunt if you're competent at what you're doing

Attached: de.png (1000x1000, 84K)

what's a UAC

i used to feel the same way and now i still do i just also understand why no one likes me and i have to start drinking myself to sleep the second i get home lmao

It's a windows thing you wouldn't understand

I see you haven't met a real software engineer, OP.

There are some real sperg-level software engineers at my workplace. I say sperg-level as I am 99% sure they are on the spectrum.

Really smart, capable guys.

If I decide to move into development, my first project will be a tool to put other developers out of work.

Ironcally, that won't put people out of work. It will just lower the barrier to entry.

>domain
>being a windows cuck

ITT: buttblasted sysadmin scum talking about their miserable lives and being jello about devs.
lmaoing@urlife faggots

Attached: 14893260880420.jpg (600x307, 25K)

windows popup they use instead of asking your password to perform administrative tasks

Let's not pretend that you don't need to know the basics of packet/packet headers, http, SSL, DNS

Most programmers are degree mill retards coorps are excited about because they cost 45k a year