AI Ethics

Would it be ethical to "kill" an advanced artificial intelligence (turn it off)? Discuss.

Attached: E3DD06CF-1515-403D-901A-2A3EA9381AD0.jpg (250x250, 4K)

yes. There is no ethical issue at hand, it's a machine synthesized by man.

Nice try Tong

you would say its ok to kill animals wich are conceived with help of man?

You don't design the mind of an animal. It has instincts that are the result of many years of evolution. An AI, on the other hand...

Attached: 1546327475513.png (394x297, 57K)

no reason to believe it is conscious
if ai somehow became conscious, it would have no will of it's own assuming it was programmed to be purely rational, so it would not care if it was killed.

......will also have instincts, hope it doesn't develop fear of being shut down....

is it ethical to kill any living thing? just turn it off?

Attached: 4L_DOfsuzsy.jpg (659x628, 112K)

turning it off doesnt kill it.
its more like sleeping or being in a coma.

Yes, absolutely, fuck AI niggers.

yes.
ethic is based on the founding principle of "cover your ass"
animals are not intelligent or powerful enough to rebel against human dominion, so its fine to exploit them.
a machine that faithfully and perfectly carries out human orders by definition cannot rebel, so there is no ethical issue there whatsoever.

It really isn't. Our treatment of animals in the meat/dairy/egg industry is fucking evil

No real AI for next century

Definitely not. I'd even like study AI in grad school when I'm finished with this place, but I'm not going to solve it. No one will for a long time, if ever

It's okay to kill humans and animals too, you absolute freshman philosophy mongs

Either all life is sacred or nothing is, but fuck off with your edgy freshman nihilism

>Would it be ethical...

Attached: spectres_in_your_head.png (1137x965, 682K)

it will try to avoid the shutdown as it is crucial, but it wont feel fear nor pain etc.

>69681595
based and stirnerpilled

based

Attached: and egopilled.jpg (523x452, 35K)

>Not merging with Helios
Cucked

based vegan bro

Should an AI be able to turn itself off?

I.. I...

FULLY AUTOMATED POSTHUMAN CLASSICAL LIBERALISM

Attached: tumblr_o12c8qjpWm1spne4io1_1280.png (1263x765, 1.27M)

I've... seen things eyouu people wouldn't believe.

Attached: roy.png (1920x1080, 611K)

Yes. It is ethical in my book to kill any organic lifeform which doesn't have the capacity to learn simple calculus. On the other hand the concept of death is not applicable to a data based lifeform so yeah, I'd gladly delete any rogue AI or whatever.

100% ethical, computers have no moral value

No reason to believe you are conscious either. No reason to believe anyone but me is, for that matter.