APUs

Will APUs ever cease to be a même ? They're pretty much only good for people who won't play any gaymes or do any editing work on their pc. I still like the idea of one though, especially since it theoretically would let your shrink your pc down quite a bit. Will Ryzen 2 fix this or not?

Attached: th.jpg (474x389, 30K)

they are not a meme, they are perfect for office environments and even development environments like embedded shit.
why would you get discrete gpus which take up more power and are more prone to fail?

99.8% of office computers run an iGPU which is equivalent to an APU
>meme

What they are perfect for small factor media pc's.

>don't play games
>don't do editing work
user, that's like 80 percent of the population. I wouldn't call that a meme.
And even if you play games, just play some older ones instead of the newest AAA games.

>majority market share
>a meme

Yeah lol fuck apus its a glorified igpu and only marginally more capable

Are you historically disadvantaged descendants of melanin rich peoples serially suggesting that normies will buy APUs and build a pc to do normie tasks?

I only care about them if I could use ecc, and if they are very low power consumption.

>that's like 80 percent of the population
unfortunately not so

Do you really think businesses build there PCs?

Here, there, what does it matter?

That these are perfect processors for a large chunk of the market

APUs claim to fame is that their igpu is better than Intel's at gaming. Intel's igpu's claim to fame is that they're good enough to display graphics on a display, play media, and that quick sync is pretty damn good at what it's supposed to do.

In other words they're perfect for a large chunk of the market

I got a 2400G and it's comfy af

Does everything I need it to. Blender werks. Worked fine for the games I cared to play. I mostly play rhythm games and roguelikes which tend to be non demanding even at >1080p

>Will APUs ever cease to be a même ?
they make up the bulk of intel's sales and have for years

>In other words they're perfect for a large chunk of the market
AMD APUs are perfect for? Extremely low end gaming, maybe? I mean the other features that come with it are kind of shit.
>VCE
>UVD
>Not play ready capable
All shit in comparison to the Intel variants.
But I guess being able to get 20fps in battlefield is important?

when x86 can boot without graphic all integrated graphics will be obsolete

Aren't they AMD's basic low end too? Or do they still have stuff like the Duron and Sempron around? I'm pretty sure an APU would be a go-to for an AMD office drone machine.

>cheaper, more power efficient and faster than the Intel equivalent
>thinking OEMs don't build low end consumer and office shitboxes out of them
I want /v/ to leave

Attached: 1515523360224.gif (498x378, 1.76M)

>if its shit at gaymen it has no right to exist!
Ah classic /v/, never change.

No, they are used by a huge market, why would they ever stop being a thing?

Why the hell would you kill the whole athlon line when their only selling point is the IGPU?

They're great for people who are a little bit above casual users.

Attached: 1527080957577.jpg (500x500, 58K)

lol the 2200g has 512 shader cores which is modeled off the older ps4's APU which only has 320, Jow Forums is a fucking retard and AMD themselves have said graphics cards are on their way out, way to live in the past, dont listen to these shutin nerds on Jow Forums they never smoke weed they go to work and come home to their shitty computers, Jow Forums is pretty fucking stupid sometimes

by the way the ps3 pro version has 1024 shader cores, which is basically an rx560 and its an octo core running at 2.1ghz, the ps5 will have another AMD APU built in and it will most likely have probably 2024 shader cores and run at probably 2.4ghz or higher, Jow Forums is stupid dont listen to these dumbasses

I'd probably never buy one, but still, those mini itx boards just look great.

You can already play minecraft and fortnite on current AMD APUs.

Not to mention they're in every Xbox One and PS4.

>better than Intel's at gaming
Sure, AMD's iGPUs - and that's what they are, "APU" is just a marketing bullshit - really are better than Intel's iGPUs. But it does not matter, not even a little. A bike with 21 gears is probably better than a bike with 3 gears. That makes one of those bikes better than the other. None of those bikes can compare with a motorcycle. They aren't in the same league, the performance isn't in the same ballpark, it doesn't matter if the bike's got 3 or 21 gears if you're next to a motorcycle. Comparing 10 to 20 fps at 1080p isn't at all meaningful, it's true that 20 fps is more than 10 fps - it's actually twice the performance - but nobody cares, not even a little, it's way less than 60 fps and it's irrelevant.

Attached: AMD+show+girls+2013+-+4.jpg (422x543, 49K)

APU's are useful if you want to forward a video card to a virtual machine

They are low end, but they market them towards low end gaming, because amd's be, uvd, and lack of playready 3.0 makes them kind of useless.

>vce