Is it just me or has the world come to a technological standstill...

Is it just me or has the world come to a technological standstill? Between 2005 and 2010 a lot of things happened that were related to technology, 1080p became the standard resolution, massive leaps graphics, smartphones became a thing, social media etc. But compare that to between now and 2014, and what has happened? Phones and computer have gotten faster.

Attached: 1549238464320.jpg (565x425, 57K)

if vapid shit like the physical appearance of computers and phones is all you look at, sure

moore's law is sigmoid rather than exponential

just you

More of a suggestion than a law now

CPUs haven't improved a whole lot but their power consumption did dramatically.
In 2010, laptops got maybe 3 hours of battery life and now they get up to 12.

Software has gotten dramatically worse in the last 10 years, nullifying any improvements in storage, CPU or RAM bus speeds.

Most stuff is just going to be gradual improvements. There will be much less genuine innovation in the future.

Well CPU power hasn't really increased a 6core x58 Xeon from 2010 at 4.3ghz is as fast as the best ryzens thou this CPU would have been like 1000$ in 2010 it's now 20$ so excessibility has improved a high oc Intel like 5.5ghz is quite abit faster but obviously extremely hot

My old gpu from 2010 6970hd gets same fps as a 1060 in battlefield on low thou much like the Xeon it was best gpu back then and I think you can get GPUs 2.5x? As powerful as 1060 now? While lines up with gpu improvement rate of 25% a year

CPU has improved in the sense you can clock the Intel's higher I guess but for normal use no as the focus has been on server n creative CPUs with massive threads

I think the main problem with tech thou is people quantify it by video games and reason they haven't improved is ps4 pro and Xbox X cpu us no faster than 360 cpu and cpu holds back design of mechanics of game

Its been a shit ten years I'll admit thou I imagine similar to how 1985-1995 felt

We've already discovered all of the "easy" technology. R&D is getting increasingly more expensive while yielding less and less practical results. It's unlikely that there will be some singularity type scenario for us any time soon.

Attached: 1501297761206.png (401x367, 9K)

>But compare that to between now and 2014, and what has happened?
we put a bunch of tacky LEDs inside our vidya machines. thats progress, right?

The DVD was the last world-changing invention.

we already have the means to travel to the stars

No need to invent good stuff when you can just sell ads and all the low iq NPC shitheads are desperate for distractions and will pay money for garbage games, tech, and services.

Marketing was a mistake. Instead of making better products compamies concentrate how to shill lazy and bad products.

It's all in VR now

It's just you

Dude not even a million vr headsets are sold and the ones that are sold are 200-800$ setups that will be outdated and unusable in 18months

I didn't say it was popular, OP asked what happened to the regular technological leaps.
There's no need for more leaps in the current desktop or laptop devices, so they don't happen often.
But in VR, the high resolution and new technology constantly causes new breakthroughs.

Boomer here. We used green ccfl's. But times change

>he didn't even inhale
consumerwise u can say we are on a stillpoint but everyday something new is happening you just don't see it, in 10 years you will see it and u will say the same thing

>Well CPU power hasn't really increased a 6core x58 Xeon from 2010 at 4.3ghz is as fast as the best ryzens
....... it is not

It is look it up you will be shocked I do mean for gaming thou but still 20$ cpu as fast as a 300$ one is pretty crazy but true makes you cry clearly

VR isn't new NASA had a vr headset with similar specs to modern ones in the 80s and lockhead have one with better specs in a plane they built in the late 90s

Its just a kick starter meme wake up

And literal arcades had VR in the 90s too but if you lived in poverty bill they prob couldn't afford it as did many amusement parks in real 1st world america

It's a meme

>haven't used a laptop since 2009
>still using smartphone from 2012
>still using desktop from 2010

I think it peaked around 2007-08 and things went to complete shit 2010+, now the biggest things coming out in tech is mostly cosmetic or gimmicky shit like "dark modes" or "AI."

maybe in the most simplistic and shitty benchmarks. in any real world application any x58 system will be crippled by its memory compared to a modern CPU and chip set.

Not in gaming thou wtf is real world

You are just sad you thought ya 220$ cpu was good value when a 20$ one off aliexpress was the same

>Hur dur I listin to people on yotob making vidya on old cpu > new one

>There's no need for more leaps in the current desktop or laptop device
seriously get out

Software has gotten shittier
Hardware is all about rgb
Ryzen lowered the bar gamers will buy shittier products instead of hardware that has gains

ok bye