What do you think of my OS?

What do you think of my OS?

youtube.com/watch?v=JWXe1hWNdQs

Attached: Ghel v0.6.webm (1280x720, 1.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fa1lj2UESGk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

looks like Sweet OS to me
did you fork it, or are you the guy, or are you LARPing

Nice mockup, fag. I've made dozens. But I have been working on a microkernel OS with a GUI that's nowhere near useful, and can't do much of anything. OS dev is frustrating and takes years. If you're gonna make GUI mockups, at least make them believable.

Attached: screenshot1_1.png (1280x1024, 9K)

Yes. It's me.

Attached: hut01.jpg (768x960, 140K)

Music player: youtube.com/watch?v=fa1lj2UESGk

Attached: Ghel Music Player-o.webm (1280x720, 1.83M)

Relax, don't start calling names. It's not a mockup.

Prove it.

Attached: 87FBDBB1743F4B92A5B5ADF9E89438C5.jpg (450x450, 44K)

It's not ready yet. I'm not going to release a "not working" product, thats crazy.

That's not what I asked.

Attached: cabacidor.png (1000x1800, 51K)

What do you want?

Prove that it's a real OS. Show some of the command line tools for things like file systems, a package manager, or anything really. Show the bootloader and some kernel options. If there's a shell there's probably a way to boot headless.

Attached: 1546521046006.png (1000x432, 165K)

I'll post a WebM of the command line tools, probably wont be on this thread. Screen cap this and remind me if/when I post a update.

what kernel does it use?

Linux

>gui
>not an os
The gui is neat, takes too long to open and interact for my tastes however.

Gui looks bloated as fuck

At best you wrote your own window manager. But more likely than not it's just riced openbox or something.

>be i3 toddler
>use a web browser, file manager, and 100 other graphical applications on top of xorg
>"lol I'm so hardcore! command line only!"
Leave this board.

Attached: 1538365786185.gif (500x500, 2.41M)

This is a rice...

Are you using GCC tools too?
So it's safe to say it's just a Linux Distro rather than a OS.

It's all open source, except the graphical assets.

Right, so it's a Linux rice, not an OS.

Looks cool regardless. Keep it up OP. No one else in this thread has ever created anything in their lives.

lol
i made a poop earlier

Thank you, seriously. You are the only one with encouraging words to continue this shit.

If I was smart enough to make OS I would just have it be as transparent and minimal as possible.
Just dump the user to a character terminal with login and then bundle with a few ported programs, like a chromium browser, a file manager, a media player, and a write program, a ide that allows extending the OS. No windows, no gui, etc. outside the programs, but you can run a help command and a process mamager to query the state and documentation of the OS.

There is no point in making a "functional" OS. You will never compete with the big boys.

>that art
wait a minute i saw a puzzle game before on /x/ with a really similar design
was it yours?

Sorry never meant to discourage you, but you seem have a misconception of what an OS is.

I don't know man fancy stuff like animations seem to slow things down. It's better for a gui to be streamlined but flexable.