IT'S OVER

Attached: 1530364936076.jpg (1400x1867, 417K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_algorithm
m.youtube.com/watch?v=th4TDYX6xoc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whats it do?

did it even start?

lol

Attached: 1536042541127.png (664x1078, 1.33M)

I'm not an expert but that is a quantum computer

I have no idea about quantum mechanics

Quantum computing is a meme, just like AI, blockchain, and all the other shitty buzz words that s o y males drool over. Like every other piece of meme tech, this will have zero practical applications and will be nothing more than a nerd toy for betas to beat their dicks over. Prove me wrong. Change my mind.

Attached: 7c9.gif (320x240, 970K)

Looks like a segmented brain with a spinal cord.

C Y B E R P U N K

>Game over man

funny meme computer

blockchain+quantum computing is going to help build a future reality that directly mirrors our current reality.
Prepare yourself, soon we will live in virtual space that is indistinguishable from irl and with a near infinite lifespan. We will be immortal.

Quantum computing has actual known practical applications:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_algorithm

It's basically a "coprocessor" that we want. It won't help with every problem, but it'll be definitely the fastest method for a good bunch of problems.

>nothing on the subject
>a subject

Attached: the-fuck-you-just-say.png (603x813, 441K)

>automobiles are a mere fad, just like the combustion engine, locomotion and all the other fancy contraptions that dandy males drool over.

>blockchain
Dead meme

yup. im sure youre the picture of manhood.

why did they hang it like a chandelier

Attached: 1528287945376.webm (1280x720, 1.79M)

>a good bunch of problems
name ONE

Keeps the quantums in

Brainlet

>Nobody has posted quantum pasta

fucking name a good application, retard

how many quantums can fit inside this

graphite GPGPU's running 100ghz+ are going to do that not some quantum meme shit

It will fix the problem of everyone talking about when it's going to be finished.

this sounds like an absolute horrific nightmare though

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOW COULD WE LOSE TO CHINA
THIS IS TERRIBLE!
NOW WHITE WOMEN WILL BE THE SLAVES OF THE CHINESE MASTER RACE WHILE WE BECOME LONELY INCELS

WE NEED WAR!!!!

I can't wait for everyone to realise that quantum mechanics is bullshit created by retards who wanted to create new way of looking at the world and wave theory rising from the ashes like a God that it is

quantum mechanics can be modelled accurately with deterministic sub-particles.

quantum theory is the modern religion of chaos

>djiegdnskoajsbsb$,3,3,ryt&:&dtyg&
here's your bits, bro

How long before my bitcorns become worthless?

but what if we already exist inside a simulation and are actually immortal beings from a higher dimension that have been though all this before and we're just retracing this step for parity?

if it was a simulation why would I have simulated such a shitty life

doubt
if anything like that was even close to our grasp nations would already be dedicating their resources heavily towards R&D for it

28 years in and I want to die. Why would I want to experience countless more?

You're telling me that they HAD to make this shit look like this for any other reason than looking like a scifi alien spaceship?
We fit 1tb of memory in thumb drives and these fucks make this shit look like a cyberpunk made up shit from the 80s.

Attached: gucci-blue-l-aveugle-par-amour-tiger-46-485140-denim-jacket-size-16-xl-plus-0x-1-0-960-960.jpg (690x960, 74K)

I agree. they're all fads IBM cons the market into buying - like facial recog for law enforcement - as if people have no eyes.

A.I. - as if people cannot think
blockchain - as if people cant master their environment

crutch companies selling cheap rubber balls in dime stores - for lots of money - is a scam.

because suffering is inescapable, even as immortal beings that walk every plane of existence.

Just to suffer

Is that the new king of the mushroom kingdom?

Attached: picture-41.png (548x305, 166K)

>soon
lmao wait another 200 years at the very least

You sir are a fucking idiot.

What you're looking at is state of the art, never before engineered actual working quantum computing.
I guarantee no though was put into cosmetics and everything has a practical purpose for looking the way it does.

I'd love to know the explanation for the unusual layout, it almost looks like a steampunk approximation of what a computer would look like. I guess i assumed that a Quantum computer would be essentially more or less just a type of chip that was usable in a typical rack setup.

But all the pipes and tubes and copper is strikingly alien looking for a computer, I honestly thought it was the internals and instruments for a satellite initially.

Yes. Leverage agile frameworks to provide a robust synopsis for high level overviews. Iterative approaches to corporate strategy foster collaborative thinking to further the overall value proposition. Organically grow the holistic world view of disruptive innovation via workplace diversity and empowerment.

It's a multi stage cooler. The majority of what you're looking at is essentially a giant cpu cooler.

Underrated.

Oh, that makes sense, i was wandering if it was some kind of multi-stage optical chip spread across those massive plates - under the assumption those smaller tubes were fiberoptic.

I guess it runs pretty hot then.

Those copper tubes are for cryogenic shit to make a Bose Einstein condensate which is essential for muh kwantam particles/waves so they all occupy the same state. It will then be easier to channel them through various paths by a varying voltage. Much like transistor but way different at the same time

No. It has to run at near absolute zero to function

Calculating your mom's weight.

What are those things dangling from the bottom?

Proprietary ports and stuffs

m.youtube.com/watch?v=th4TDYX6xoc

I saw this talk a few weeks ago at Linux.conf.au 2019. It's called "Open Source Quantum Computing", and it's from a guy from IBM.

He even gives a live demo at the end where he connects to it remotely and runs a job.

Just seems a bit haphazard for a machine that delicate.

the whole thing is just there to cool the chip down to as close to absolute zero as humanly possible every 0.00001°C counts

so what does it do that the other dozen """quantum computers""" in active use don't do?

wtf glados

How should they have hanged it? Like a nigger?

cool now we can have quantum CoCs

will there be cake?

Attached: escape_020011.jpg (1280x1024, 469K)

*hung

>Prove me wrong. Change my mind.
How much will you pay me? No free education, kid.

$10 dollar Amazon giftcard

>literally living inside a computer
What are you, an Emacs fag? Fucking bloatsters, man.

Why the reference to CoC?

based and redpilled

IKR

Oddly accurate.

Viral marketing through memes
Kek

But quantum mechanics is wave theory

brainlet

Ableism isn't cool, user. You just got yourself permanently banned from the open source community.

Breaking RSA

math

kek he thinks he understands electricity

Obviously this shit isnt a finished product, but a research object and finetuning this machine works better when its highly modular. As soon as they have the ins and outs figured out it wont be much bigger than a serverrack.

No. Just no. There is no "quantum" anything, this isn't poorly understood near magic effects of some mythical theoretical particle. This is simply electrons being so small they can move through any material at the path of least resistance, because nothing can exert 100% perfect electrical control over them. It is current leakage. It is nothing but current leakage. It is current leakage in short channel devices, and it happens at literally every feature size, it is not exclusive to small FinFET devices like upcoming 5nm EUV FinFETs. Even planar devices have extremely high degrees of leakage through their channels, directly under the gates, electrons still leak out. Yet despite this the transistors still function.

Quantum tunneling is a meme regurgitated by people who know nothing about the field of FETs.

AI isn't a meme, it's useful in industry already.

Attached: 1531759672902.jpg (500x500, 60K)

>whataboutism

Attached: 25donaldtrumpsmart.w1200.h630.jpg (1200x630, 166K)

And what practical purpose does this contraption have? Where is it even used?

This is how it was explained to me. Regular computers work like a flow chart of problems, quantum computers work like a reverse exponent probability calculator

Quenstion / Answer 1x8 = 8

>Regular computer
cycle 1... 1x1 = 1, no,
cycle 2 ...1x2 =2, no,
...1x3 = 3, no,
...1x4 = 4, no,
...1x5 = 5, no,
...1x6 = 6, no,
...1x7= 7, no,
...1x8 = 8, YES,
end.

>Quantum computer
cycle 1....1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 1x5(maybe), 1x6(maybe), 1x7(maybe), 1x8(maybe)
cycle 2...1x5, 1x6, 1x7(maybe), 1x8(maybe)
cycle 3...1x7, 1x8(Probable answer)
end.

Now this seems fucking weird and retarded but the idea is if you throw extremely complicated problems at the quantum computer instead of brute forcing the answer using billions if not trillions of calculations and it taking years if not decades to solve a probelm it can eliminate probability instead by analysing the bit state as it can exist outside of 0 and 1, so it can use close answers to eliminate the real answer by probability and give you answers in minutes/seconds that might take a regular computer decades or more to solve.

So quantum computer = good at solving complicated problems, but no better than regular computers of similar transistor count at regular computer shit.

So the idea is you have a quantum co processor and the quantom processor is used to calculate stuff like cryptography and physics simulations and ray tracing and all manner of traditionally complicated stuff that would freeze up a regular computer with large workloads and supply the answer to the regular processor without it wasting cycles doing the work

Nobody is this stupid

I'm guessing a quantum computer now its very much at the level of babbages analytical engine, so its laughable and basically non usable outside of research, but its probably 1000x better than the analytical engine would be at specific complex problems, like a computer 100 years in advance of the AE.

So the short answer is when we have quantum computers that are like late 90's pentium chips they will be far better than modern processors for specific types of calculations.

So 20-40 years from now quantum computers will be a big deal. But right now its meaningless unless some crazy rich person decides to build one as big as a footballfield so they can break encryption or something.

Saying AI is a meme is like saying statistics is a meme. God I wish boomers would just all die.

reincarnation, lizards overlords decided you have to suffer in order to get stronger and someday be useful somehow.
enjoy.

it has to be cooled to significantly less than 1 kelvin, barely above absolute 0, or else ambient heat will cause changes in the electron spin states it's using for logic.

ARTAFISHAL INTEL™IGENTS IS FAKE. there is no intelligence in 'learning' programs, it can learn and learn all the mathmatical equations known to man but requires input and will only output some form of it's learned abilities. It cannot not form new creations.
It's like Legos, it can build random things with enough blocks, but it cannot construct anything based on it's own desires. It will only put out what it is given. That is not intelligence, that is no better than a very advanced copy and paste, 'SELF WRITING' ESSAY. fucking zoomers, I swear.

>I guess it runs pretty hot then.
Relatively speaking, yeah - but that heat comes from the ambient temperature, not the chip itself.

Build em in space!

so then say statistics or prediction, you know, what it ACTUALLY is. instead of memes like AI and machine learning, fucking zoomer.

Immortality kinda sucks though. At some point you just don't want to live anymore, you'll continue living but you won't be putting too much effort into keeping it that way. You're young and impressionable, but when you're older you'll start seeing patterns, that everything have already been done. And the way people do things is a race to the bottom, you won't be seeing improvements but rather just paper specs increase. And then it sets in that nothing in the world is worth living for anymore, and you're just waiting until you're dead.

Is the electron spin state infinite? So 1 is absolute yes, 0 is absolute no and any state inbetween is a measure of probability.

So if it knows 1x8 is 8, it can very quickly calculate that 2x8 = 16, because 2x8=15 is not quite 1 and 2x8 = 17 is not quite 1 and anything not 16, ie 14 or 18 is further away from 1, than the previous.

>AI is a zoomer meme
lol.
What lab did Richard Stallman work in again?

>it can learn and learn all the mathmatical equations known to man but requires input and will only output some form of it's learned abilities. It cannot not form new creations.
Stupid boomer. All human creation required humans taking input and outputting something new based on a set of criteria to solve a problem or meet a goal. Machines can do the same thing by adjusting a myriad amount of parameter weights and biases just like humans do subconsciously.
Your fucking generation is scum, hindering progress with your stubborn will against advancing technology because YOU can't see the benefits. Did you ever think maybe you're too fucking senile to see the benefits? Get out of our way. Retire now or kill yourself. You won't be missed boomer scum fuck.

That's 3 stage liquid helium cooling, the processor is at the tip of the inverted cooler tower. It looks that way because it's easiest to manufacture.

Why not document the patterns and manipulate them one way or another? Surely if each generation's greatest events are the product of a series of patterns, we could artificially generate great events?

Because it's not JUST statistics you senile fuck. It's a series of equations generating a specific output from any type of input you can imagine (like humans) that is then passed on to other neurons for further number crunching. With backprop, neurons in further layers give neurons in previous layers additional insight so that they adjust their weights and biases accordingly. All this happens for one series of input faster than you can blink. This method executes myriad statistical calculations and adjustments in seconds. That is not simply "statistics," old man. Just retire and get out of our way. You hinder progress.