Enter the Void

Enter the Void

Attached: voidlinux.jpg (1200x1200, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pokemon is for kids, sorry

Is it called Void because it's a massive timesink?

But I'm already in it
It's comfy in here

gotta catch em all

Stop promoting it.

I don't want the last good distro turn into another Arch.

>the last good distro
thats cute user

What advantage offers?
>inb4 its main selling point is not using systemd

it already is
btw I use void

>no SELinux
Install a proper distro
its main selling point is not using systemd

Attached: Fedora-logo.svg.png (2000x2000, 112K)

>What advantage offers?
Many. super fast init, simplicity, just works, friendly community. its what linux is meant to be, but way better. also, ever since I started using void I became more confident and life just started working out.

>ponyos

You forgot to mention that if you're a horsefucker you'd be in good company.

This and Devuan are the best linux distros out there right now. both are easy to install and maintain, no systemd crap, and work super smoothly.

Ah, I understand. literally none besides "not using systemd"

Isn't Void dead?

Not at all, check the commits.

It just werks, in the long run, where fedora and mint or even xubuntu, keep getting shreked by their package manager...
(Or maybe I understand more how it works idk)

Stop it with this posts goddammit. I want to feel special for using void, I don't want it to be common. I may have to end up uninstalling it and installing CRUX instead.

Attached: 7j6ksxb5iy3rahud301.gif (720x720, 1.44M)

Yes, main developer bailed.

Apparently he returned a few days ago.

>Just werks
If you call a distro that works out of the box a just werks distro then yes, but if you call a distro that works well with applications then no. I would only recommend void to someone who needs an easy to install, minimalist, fast system that they aren't going to use a lot of applications that aren't in the repos on.

Some questions:

How can I install linux5.0 rc3?
How can I install FirewallD? Not in Void-repo.
Sudo ufw app list gives a fuckload of available applications, though not sure if they are installed. How'd I go on to remove the whole list just incase some other package enables them?

Btw upgrading to linux420 is just as easy as sudo xbps-install -S linux4.20, then install linux-headers etc, works flawless.

How good is it for gaming? Do the repos include all the necessary drivers?

>no packages
>built by bronies
>abandonware

>How good is it for gaming?
>Do the repos include all the necessary drivers?

Attached: 1540706677320.jpg (500x375, 111K)

anyone?

Follow the wiki's guide for Steam and wine. Remember to replace .eu with .org on the site.

I only play league of legends and darkest hour through Lutris. A month ago with 4.19 I had to enable repos in order to install Lutris, right now with 4.20 you can just xbps-install -S lutris winetricks.

>>How can I install linux5.0 rc3?
I just build my own, so can't help there.
>How can I install FirewallD? Not in Void-repo.
1. Request a package on GitHub
2. Package yourself
3. Use flatpack, docker or whatever
>Sudo ufw app list gives a fuckload of available applications, though not sure if they are installed. How'd I go on to remove the whole list just incase some other package enables them?
If you don't know what pulled some application, just use X and x flags of the xbps-query.

>2. Package yourself
3. Use flatpack, docker or whatever
Any detailed guides to do that? Just want it as a replacement for ufw like a normal package

>If you don't know what pulled some application, just use X and x flags of the xbps-query.
Same question as the first above..

The repos don’t even have the necessary drivers for daily use lmao very much a hobby os

Not currently, but will try to help once I'm home.

Other user here, that would be amazing. I was trying to package ungoogled-chromium myself earlier, since the devs won't accept any more browsers in the repos.
Would you know how to make a version of that package in xbps with a portable binary taken from here?
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/

Too late, user. It was better two years ago when there was hardly a thread about it every month. Now it's almost daily.