So thoughts on Eizo displays? I bought one for cheap second hand and it's been working rather well...

So thoughts on Eizo displays? I bought one for cheap second hand and it's been working rather well. Anyone have other experiences with their monitors?

Attached: eeee.jpg (1201x499, 114K)

Expensive meme-tier on some models, pros like to get their bosses to buy the monitors for them, and the managers like to get stuff that increases the budget
>I bought one for cheap second hand
Lucky. Which model?

The Eizo Flexscan EV2336W

Did you get it for less than $60?
>16 million colors

30$

EV3285 user here, best monitor in existence.

How is it with productivity/gaming?

I don't play much games, but it's great for productivity. Very good looking too.

Why is it only 16.77 million colors, and 4k ips?
I didn't even know that manufacturers made anything less than 10bit per subpixel for 4k displays.

I've already had that discussion, search the archives. In short: numbers are numbers and you can't find a better monitor

>I've already had that discussion, search the archives.
So other anons called you a retard who overpayed for a shitty eizo model.
>In short: numbers are numbers and you can't find a better monitor
And this monitor us lacking in certain numbers, but still held a premium, so you pretend that it was worth it, because of name brand.
Well at least you can tell folks that you have an eizo monitor (not a good eizo monitor, just an expensive one).

>So other anons called you a retard
Pretty much, yeah.
>And this monitor us lacking in certain numbers
>but still held a premium
And they weren't able to find a monitor with better numbers for a lower price.

>And they weren't able to find a monitor with better numbers for a lower price.
Lies probably.

>inb4 anons 4k eizo was $40

That's not how it works, you little shit.
There one shitty Dell that was suggested was going for the same price and had JUST-tier 3cm bezels. Again, check the archive.

Eizo makes best monitors

It is known

fuck eizo fuck nec
for that price you can buy LG C8 oled which is better in every aspect

>Again, check the archive.
I'm not going to waste my time searching an archive over this shit.
>When did you buy monitor
>How much did you pay
>Was this before or after illyama released a $500 4k monitor (back when all 4k monitors where $1k+).

>1200€
>half a year ago
>I don't know

>1200€
>half a year ago
>I don't know
No wonder everyone called you a retard.
That's way past when illyama released a $500 4k 10bit monitor.

I got 2 FlexScan EV2736W at work. About 150$ each.
Image is really good, but really annoyed they have a single DisplayPort and a single DVI that can't even handle 1440p@60.

How's the FG2421? I can get a 'perfect' one with 2.5 years of warranty left for 140$.

except Service and Quality control

Good for color accuracy.
They're the best in that regard - not because of any special technology or engineering, they just buy the best grade panels available and then charge properly for them.

If you buy Eizo, you know you're getting the AAA grade panels (even Apple and Dell Ultrasharps only use AA grade) - that's pretty much their entire claim to fame.
Prior to LCDs they just used the best tubes and didn't cheap out on capacitors or board design.

>They're the best in that regard
Needs an asterisk. Certain models adhere to the standards, but they saturated their line up with shit cash grabs.

Enlighten us, what are the "good" models?

iiyama is good too

ProLite XUB2792UHSU? Looks like a good monitor for 400€, but worse in terms of looks, contrast and brightness.

XB2483HSU
iirc

that's a 23 inch 1080p monitor user

and?

it's utter shit

since you favour a 27" monitor at 4K
i wouldn't take your opinion into account

not sure if you have eye or brain damage
probably both

it's funny you say that :D

So it's brain damage after all. I'm sorry.

>I'm sorry.
me 2

One of the only monitor brands that still uses IPS panels with A-TW polarizers (only their CG line though). High quality, but you do pay for it.

>I didn't even know that manufacturers made anything less than 10bit per subpixel for 4k displays.
Actually I think 10 bit is less important on 4k because dithering looks better on a high resolution display

The models that deserve the eizo name, and not the cash 8bit cash grab variants.

Actually with the eizo premium their monitors should be 14bit per subpixel, and suck your dick everytime gets powered on.
Just look at this retard
>1500¢
>not even 10bit
This user needs to hop off a fucking building.

retard, I challlenge you to name a better sub 1000€ monitor.

But better at color, and price, and it's also a few years older, and there are other more modern models available from other manufacturers now.

Retard user already pointed out the illyama, but you're such a faggot that you pretended that your 8bit panel was superior to it. Just kill yourself you pathetic brainlet.

Double retard user, that was me. Enjoy your shit tier build quality, contrast and 5cm bottom bezel.

>Double retard user, that was me
Yes I know. There is literally no one in this thread as unworthy of breathable air as you are.
>Enjoy your shit tier build quality, contrast and 5cm bottom bezel.
Enjoy your piece of shit with an eizo rebrand you fucking dumb whore. You didn't even pay for quality. You payed for a shit panel folded a thousand times.

seething brainlet, I know you're dreaming of that Eizo every night.

Red pill me on retarded fucks that buy the shitty eizo models plz.
How many times were you dropped on your head, and how much fucking alcohol did your slut mom have to drink to birth such a retarded wast of space?

Look at me I have an Eizo monitor I'm so fucking awesome.
>shitty model not even 10 bit panel
Ehhhhhh......Nanniiii....

Ahahah I'm enjoying every second of this, keep boiling with rage, user. I'm sure you'll be able to afford a nice Eizo one day.

>Ahahah I'm enjoying every second of this, keep boiling with rage, user.
Well you are really are too stupid to know any better, so I'm pretty sure you think that you're looking down on us 10bit 100% peasants.
>I'm sure you'll be able to afford a nice Eizo one day.
I went with dream color for the accuracy, warranty, and availability to be honest. Color is like a dream, it's color accurate, and wasn't bad at all.

Also color accurate. You know something that anons bottom barrel eizo isn't. Man have I mentioned how color accurate my monitor is?

On the contrary to you, I'm not looking down on anyone.
>I went with dream color for the accuracy, warranty, and availability
So what are you using, 100% color accurate 10 bit user?

>Contrast Ratio (typical) 1300:1
oh am I laffin

>I'm not looking down on anyone.
>I'm sure you'll be able to afford a nice Eizo one day.
You're trying to look down on anons, but can't, because you picked the wrong monitor to brag about.
Just the fact that there's an archive thread of you getting btfod by previous anons who all claimed that you are retarded for picking that specific monitor proves that you previously attempted to use it as a status symbol, but then deservingly got molested by other anons.

10-bit panel does not always provide a better image, and there are 10-bit panels that are visible worse than a properly made 8-bit+FRC.

There is a test of a Samsung TV which features different panels for sizes, and the reviewers were unable to detect any difference between the 10-bit panels and 8-bit+FRC due to the good implementation of dithering. Now for color reproduction were gradients matter, a wider specter of colors will obviously be a benefit, but it's a mistake to assume a 10-bit panel means you have a good screen, they can be equal, worse and better than a 8-bit+FRC panel.

>10-bit panel does not always provide a better image, and there are 10-bit panels that are visible worse than a properly made 8-bit+FRC.
It's the other way around. 8bit+dithering can't ever be as good as true 10bit. Stop spreading fud.

keep laughing, but that's good for an IPS panel.
In the archive thread, only one Dell was named that could compete with it. And it was shit.
>but then deservingly got molested by other anons
I'm going to defend Eizo till my last breath. What's your monitor, user? You avoided that question.

>I'm going to defend Eizo till my last breath.
Eizos are good, but your panel is on the shit end if the spectrum, and kind of should not be an eizo.

In regards to better Eizos, are you talking about the 5000€ coloredges with that weird 4096 x 2160 resolution?

Yes, but even then you just a random eizo without doing your research. You got memes because of the name brand without checking the specs.
>1500€
>8bit
>Shit color accuracy
You did it to yourself, and it's sad that you throw the name around for approval, but bought a shit monitor.

That’s DCI 4K you brainlet
4096x2160 is in no way an oddball resolution when dealing with professional displays

isn't a used NEC PA302W a better option, if you can actually find a person willing to sell it?

Actual 8bit, not 6bit+FlickerRC

>The virgin 8bit+FRC vs the Chad true 10bit
10bit always wins.

It's not very convenient for my cartoons

superior nippon lcd folded 1000 times

Is Eizo really getting so much more out of the LG panels that everyone else is using too?

11bit beats 10bit tho

what does that even mean? looks like some meme where they put big numbers on the package

It's the ratio of brightness when pure black is displayed vs pure white
When displaying black form an LCD there will always be a leakage of light form the backlight, this is clearly undesirable and a higher and higher contrast ratio will typically mean darker and darker blacks
It's something people will tell you doesn't matter until a discussion about OLED comes up and then those same people will sing the phrases of OLED and it's infinite contrast

How do you measure a ratio between black and white?

Attached: question.png (1060x871, 82K)

It's a ratio of brightness or luminance output from a display when displaying pure white and pure black
Let's say that when displaying a pure white image on a screen you measure a brightness of 1000 nits, after that you give the display a pure black image and measure a brightness of 1 nit
With those 2 numbers you can say the display has a contrast ratio of 1000:1

The ColorEdges use Panasonic panels

Aah, makes sense. And of course, every manufacturer uses a different method to measure that, right?

There are different methods but the different methods shouldn't be very far off from each other as long as it's static contrast that is being measured which is what is important