Standing Desk

Just bought this, is it just a meme?
Does anyone else have an electrical standing desk?

Attached: IMG_20190206_095022.jpg (4032x3024, 1.77M)

Looks nice OP. I'm jealous.

I have one at work. In fact, I insisted on having one. I adjust the height several times per day, even when sitting. IMHO it's a must have.

Hmm, never saw anyone on Jow Forums talking about them though, so I thought they weren't that good.

It's got bluetooth but the app works half of the time, and sometimes chooses not to work at all until you either click the button manually or re-plug it, hopefully they'll fix it, it's a recent model.

no.
real programmers dont need cringey gimmicks to code

I only bought it because I'm working at home, and after many hours in the same position, my back starts to hurt, and I start changing the position of my legs in the chair to unhealthy positions.

It didn't happen at first, but I started noticing it after three years.

You know that standing for long periods of time is just as bad if not worse than sitting for long periods of time and you should just do some fucking exercise instead of making yourself incredibly uncomfortable

then lose some weight fatso
I go to the gym early morning every single day before sitting down for 7 hours at work and 1 hour in traffic

I didn't get it because I think it's healthier, much like when you travel for many hours, you need to stop and stand for a bit, otherwise your legs hurt like hell. Changing to standing doesn't make me uncomfortable, I'd say it's the contrary. Will have to test it out though, see what I think of it in one month of work.

You don't _need_ it to code in any way.
It's just good for your health to not sit the whole day.

That's why you mix both but yes it doesn't magically remove the need for exercise.

The same thing happened to me. I am not fat at all and i work out 3 times a week but my back hurts like hell

I do plan on going to the gym, my body mass is unhealthily low.

the micro fracturing of my bones and the micro tearing of my muscles during the exercising period results in my body in recovery mode
sitting then becomes natural and comfy

I have Stockholm Syndrome for my XPS13

>That's why you mix both
or you could move like a normal fucking human being

This is the 15, I don't know how I'm going to fill my setup though, I have my HHKB in another house, I need to buy a new mouse and pad.

Can anyone suggest a good monitor for my setup?

People laugh at typical startup offices with beanbags and stupid seating devices anywhere but it really makes much more sense to lie on a couch than it does to use a standing desk

That's just wrong, at least standing is something that doesn't give you a bigger chance of carpal tunnel or neck pain than sitting, the same cannot be said for programming in a couch.

I don't have an electric one, I have one of the old heavy duty manual ones. It's pretty heavy to lift to a standing position, so I have usually left it at chair position.

However I just bought the new Trollberget standing chair thingy from the same new series as OP's table, and it's amazing as a computer chair for all my fidgetting.
It doesn't lower to regular table height though, so you need at least a manually adjustable one.

which one is that?

I really don't understand this meme. Why would I want to stand when I can sit in front of the computer?

It's the Idasen, I wanted the Jarvis, but would have to import it from the US and I saw reviews of the ones available here and they were all shit, then I was walking by Ikea and found this relatively new model, it's really sturdy, I'm really happy with it.

Hmm, I'm needing a chair do you recommend it even paired up with the table?

Sitting for many hours straight starts to get painful.

That's why you take breaks

Standing starts to get painful after fewer hours, though.

Yeah, that's why I got an electrical one, I can switch whenever I want. When the crank is manual, people tend to just stick to one position.

remaining in the same position hours on end is unhealthy, so the meme is that you can alternate between sitting and standing to combat this. you can also take a short walk every hour but that is unacceptable for most people.

>an electrical one
That's more interesting, at least for someone who benefits from alternated sitting/standing.
Doubt it would be useful to me though, I would never stand once.

Do you like how these were proven not to be any better than a regular desk for your health?

that's not even wooden surface lmfao kys fucking retard lol

nice table. what's the brand/model?

The cover is the cheapest part, I can replace it whenever I feel like it.

Idasen from Ikea, relatively new. Really sturdy.

used to have one at work
now I have a manually adjustable one at home (adjusts with hex screws), don't use it for standing

I've been thinking of getting one (just the feet/chassis as I already have a high end oak top)
shit costs like €350+ though

all in all you should be willing to spend €1000+ for your desk/chair in total imo

whats with the recent popularity of these things?
why would you want to stand for several hours when you can sit?

Why in the fuck would you ever need to adjust the height of your desk remotely?

I have one at work and ended up getting one at home. I stand at work almost all day, though I do sit from time to time. Standing puts a rest to my restless leg. I got a vertdesk 3 at home, not quite as nice as the expensive one at work, but still pretty nice. I dont stand as much at home since I'm on the PC to game or draw but it's nice to have, especially after dinner or something

I wouldn't, but this specific desk doesn't have a button for each favorite position, and the app does. I used it to set the different positions, now, when I'm using the button to change the position, it stops for half a second when it arrives at one of the favorite positions.

Why would you sit all day when you can stand some of the time, even if you sit through most of the day?

Just made a hackjob powering solution, how shitty is it?

Attached: img1.jpg (4032x6048, 3.27M)

memes. our company bought a shitload and nobody, i repeat nobody, uses them

I would recommend it yes. It complements a standing desk beautifully, giving you a much more natural transition, and more options, between sitting in your chair and standing at your desk.

I was using a Markus before. Decent chair, but I don't like the hard, static armrests and having removed them I get less than ideal posture.
I like how this new one with its spring loaded seat is basically a 360 degree rocking chair. I don't miss the back at all.
Also it is a lot cheaper than even the Markus (still with that 10 year warranty), and it doesn't look like a children's toy unlike a lot of these kinds of chairs

It looks good, but I can't imagine how stable it would be if I'm half sitting as the pictures show. Doesn't it just slide out under you?

Don't all desks stand? What's the point if a desk falls over?

Attached: CABLE_BASKET-580x400.jpg (580x400, 55K)

why would you concern yourself with what people thought of it AFTER you bought it

Leaning on it in the high position works fine for me personally, denim pants on leather at least.

As I mentioned, my old manual desk is rather heavy to be lifting to a standing position frequently, so I'm basically using the Trollberget as a chair in a middle position currently. I think it's very much worth it just for sitting - having it as a leaning support for when you're standing and need a break is just a bonus for me, a feature you're not getting on any regular chair anyway

The table already comes with a net to hold wires, but it would be impractical to place the plugs there.

I might burn it if it's shit.

you're gonna ruin your spine if u use it with a laptop

>is it a meme xDDDDDDDDDDDDD
kys my man

True, next on my priorities is a proper monitor, don't know which yet though got any suggestions?

I like your table mostly because all the tables and chairs around here are short as fuck, so I have to hunch over to use my computer or make a stupid pyramid with boxes to have it higher

Damn, can't you lift the monitor somehow? Is it your arms or neck at the wrong angle?

I'm getting the same desk this Friday, but in brown and without the electric thingy, it's manual

bumping shit thred

whenever my back hurts from sitting too long, i just pick up a coffee table i have and put it on top of my desk

Didn't know they had manual, don't do it, you'll stay in one position if it's too cumbersome to swap.

And I just change the mode and keep working.

I'm only getting it to be able to adjust the height, I don't plan to stand desu

yeah,
stand in morning
sit in afternoon
the patrician way

Attached: 1521320040705.jpg (275x275, 14K)

Oh, then it's worth it.

Where do I get the one in the image OP?

Attached: 2ce3873cf4f1f3f6a0b7a89d0880f728af200ea5f2be7ddf566bd9fab8bab57f.jpg (576x768, 79K)

I got it at Ikea, in Portugal, the model is Idasen, if you're in the US i'd recommend Jarvis.

They are a meme. That being said idd like to try one myself.

How high does it adjust OP? Is it only useful for manlets or can tall chads also use it?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (800x458, 307K)

Attached: img3.jpg (4032x6048, 3.6M)

KYS levels

Nice purse "ma'am"

Yes. They're nice but your cable management will never look as good as a static desk.
Try to get as many thing to run without wires as you can.

Sure, good advice.

Believe it or not, that's my gf's

non NEETS aint got time for breaks

>Does anyone else have an electrical standing desk?
yes
I dont stand much with it, usually use it to adjust its hight when sitting.

buy legs of amazon (400-450$)
>buy a real wood plate from some online shop (worktopexpress) (300$)
Only idiots buy them from stores

Yes, I've never once actually used it

I've had one for over a year, cured my hemmerhoids and i lost a little weight.

Of course it's a meme. When you want to be comfortable do you sit in a nice chair or do you go and stand in the middle of the room like an idiot?

This.

Recently bought one also.

After years of sitting my back started to hurt, i gained a decent amount of weight and im not as young as i use too be.

It's helped TONS on my back... It's only been a week, but my backpain is completely gone.

Attached: Screenshot_8.jpg (721x970, 111K)

standing desks are wageslavery
rather than take a break from work to stretch your legs, just put your desk up so you no longer have an excuse to take a break

Looking at reviews for indicated the only issue is that the Ikea lift motor uses cheap plastic gears that give out after a year or two, then you're stuck with a sitting desk. I hope it doesn't happen to you OP

Ikea Stand Desk has a 10 year warranty.

Usually does not cover the electronic or mechanical parts, if it does then solid

it does, thats why i bought it.

the blue desktop above is an bekant ikea standing desk.

I really wish Ikea had some table tops that weren't made of cardboard and air. I can already see the table warping in this picture.

99% sure that's just the camera lens warping the image. The warping with phone cameras is usually pretty subtle, but its most visible on long straight lines like the edges of desks. Check out any desktop threads and similar angles will often show the same "bowing".

fucking knew it. nice buy user

wtf user you ruined your desk

I currently have an Ikea table top. I had to add a piece of actual wood to the back of mine to support my monitors. It's still uneven AF.

Buy a new monitor new

seeking external validation
purchase justification
reassurance due to insecurity
etc
OP reeks of such things.

That's just hanging there, I didn't change the desk at all. Temporary solution, do you have other suggestions?

This, when i saw the warranty, and I know that other standing desks have around 3 years, that's when I decided for sure I would buy it.

> standing all day
> at a desk
what complete fucking faggotry. this is the kind of shit communists and corporations would encourage to keep workers from getting too comfortable.

this entire thread is fucking cancer and everyone encouraging this meme should jump off of their nearest tallest building. if the building is locked, break into it if you must. just jump.

These two posts made me spit out my coffee.

>we tested 3 amputees on a standing desk and their limbs didn't grow back, proof its a scam

Attached: 1264701016787.png (400x375, 64K)

Kek'd and save'd

There's conflicting studies, the ones I saw saying it doesn't help to stand over seating were looking at standing jobs Vs sitting jobs, and of course standing jobs are usually more labor intensive than desk jobs, so I don't think it's a fair comparison. Thou I didn't buy it because of health concerns. Like I said previously, sitting for too long makes my legs and back hurt.

standing desks are the fidget spinner of desks
prove me wrong

Proved you're wrong, pic related

Attached: flip.jpg (259x194, 9K)

I've been using one for a couple of years now and really like it. I tend to switch between sitting and standing every one or two hours. It's really good for keeping your body active. You do have to be conscious about your standing posture, try not to put all the weight on one leg and relax all the muscles you don't need for standing up.

>try not to put all the weight on one leg
Shit, that's what I've been doing. Thanks for the heads up. What monitor do you have?

Bekant is wobbly as fuck, enjoy your constant earthquake sensations

NP, I use a 32 inch 1440p MVA panel.

its a meme
i have one at work
never use it
after 10 min my feet hurt and everyone hears it when i drive it down