Redpill me on Devuan. Is it Debian minus triggered trannies and systemD? Do I lose anything in terms of stability...

Redpill me on Devuan. Is it Debian minus triggered trannies and systemD? Do I lose anything in terms of stability? I'm seriously considering it, just wondering what people that are using it think of it

Attached: PRor7gvw_400x400.jpg (400x400, 8K)

Why not just try it

if you like debian but want to cut the crap out, its currently your best bet

How long does patching everything take when it's major upgrade time? For instance, when would Buster be released as stable on Devuan(on debian should be by or after September)?

> Redpill me on Devuan.
Tanisha's brother.

>devuan
Acknowledgement that voting systems are shit and pyramidal leadership is much better
They NEVER replaced systemd BUT made it optional, you can install and use systemd but its no longer a yet another microkernel.

For me its always about the packages, if they are unable to provide the last or close the the last version then its shit and im better of just compiling it by my self so i very reluctant on switching from Arch

MX Linux is also good

does not run on my hardware
it says it has no grub installed, even thou the installer itself said it was being installed
this same problem happen even if i am not dualbooting.
i am too lazy to find a solution

What's the difference between them?

You know you can just install grub right

Debian can actually run without systemD.
only brainlets who use the automated installer dont understand this.
debootstrap is very nice.

>virgin using a bootloader
>not a chad EFISTUB
this is gay.

OP here, using it right now with xfce, pretty comfy.

I've been using Devuan for a few months now, no problems whatsoever. Also if you have Debian now it just takes a few minutes to switch over to Devuan.

devuan default install it's horrible, they reclaced systemD but the cost was thousands of daemons and bloatware everywhere.
init system conversion distros are a meme, just stick with something more "native" like void or gentoo

I more stable than Debian. For some reason systemd clogs APT on Debian so I had to make the switch and Devuan just works.

use parabola, rolling release and also no systemd

MX Linux gets love and attention so it's up to date but it has a few vestiges of systemd
Devuan is pure but crusty

this

It's quite literally debian without systemd. The one caveat is that plymouth (boot splash) does not work since it depends on systemd.

it's shit. Debian has hard systemd dependencies wherever they can and devuan can't just shoehorn eudev etc in to an enviornment like that.
Just use slackware, gentoo or maybe memeshit like artix

Attached: 1549402023776.png (1546x1794, 2.52M)

That sounds like the installer put the new grub on the wrong disk. The grub displaying that message is left over from your old install and looks for a linux installation that no longer exists.
Try changing your boot order.

If you want to use something that's just as stable as Debian without systemd or any of its baggage, just use Slackware.

I've been on Devuan for half a year about now, and have found it easy if your coming over from debian or ubuntu. It's also fast as shit on my machine.
I like to think Satania would approve of Devuan.
It's a parallel fork, so I believe the time between releases are negligible.

Attached: 1547862099580.jpg (895x1315, 663K)

Have already installed Devuan, thanks for the input anyway

I think their equivalent to stretch(ascii) was released only this year, right?

According to wikipedia:
Devuan first stable release was May 2017.
Devuan current stable release was June 2018
Debian Stretch release June 2017.
Being that Devuan is so new, I think they were late with their ascii release. But I'm guessing they will just be following closely behind Debian from now on.

i'm worried about systemD, can I use ubuntu without it? what about other Debian based OS?

just install gentoo

>Redpill me on Devuan
debian = devuan - butthurt neckbeard maintainers

Outdated shit

Attached: Screenshot_20190207-091948.png (1080x1920, 397K)

You can use MX linux which is basically Debian testing with Sysv init by default

This post was bought to you by the systemd development team, sponsored by Red Hat, Inc.

I'll get your dilator ready.

> MX

ahhh i was wondering what that was. I thought it was just another kevin spamming a solus. ill check it out but even though i hate poetteringOS im just too comfy on mint cinnamon at the moment.

For a custom setup without installer there is no reason for Debian to exist.

Give it back, Devuan.

>tfw you met a person named Debian/Devuan

Attached: asian glasses.jpg (1001x1001, 143K)

>muh sysvinit
The distro.
Fun fact: The originators of the fork, somehow, didn't have the time to mantain the packages that could enable debian to boot sysvinit natively.